"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, August 27th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 9th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Reuben E. Wordelman, 96, of Oklee and Apache Junction, Ariz., a former longtime Spring Valley resident, died January 2, 2004 at Lutheran Hospital in Mesa, Ariz.
He was born Feb. 6, 1907, in Amboy, Minn.; graduated from the Wells High School; and attended North Central College in Naperville, Ill. On June 18, 1930, he married Evelyn Miller, and they lived in Spring Valley. Mr. Wordelman worked at First National Bank, and then became a bank examiner and in 1943 began farming. He also was an income tax preparer, an insurance agent, a school bus driver and a real estate broker. He and his first wife spent their retirement years in Mesa, Ariz., and in Crosslake and Garrison, Minn. She died Oct. 9, 1984. He married Dorothy Spong on Aug. 21, 1987, and they lived in Oklee and Apache Junction. He was a member of United Methodist Church in Gilbert, Ariz. Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Lois (Roger) Carson of Mesa; two sons, Dale (Lorrine) of Rochester and Jon (Marlene) of Kasson; a stepdaughter, Esther (Homer) Saetre of Battle Lake, Minn.; five stepsons, George (Charlotte) Spong of Paso Robles, Calif., Larry (Norma) Spong of Thief River Falls, Minn., Earl Spong of Great Falls, Mont., Dale (Susan) Spong of Grand Forks, N.D., and Gary Spong of Fargo, N.D.; nine grandchildren; 13 stepgrandchildren; 20 great-grandchildren; 18 stepgreat-grandchildren; seven great-great-grandchildren; and five stepgreat-great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by a stepson, two grandsons, a sister and a brother. The funeral for Reuben E. Wordelman was January 10, 2004 at Zion Lutheran Church in Oklee, Minn. Burial was in Rosehill Cemetery in Wells, Minn.