"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, March 28th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:05:13, Mar 28th 2015 - Fillmore mom - I really enjoyed this article, too bad others used it as their persona ... [Read More]
- 12:29:12, Mar 28th 2015 - vikefan 1 - To Thanks! About blindly following Obama and his governing policies, yo ... [Read More]
- 5:23:52, Mar 27th 2015 - Jimbo79 - Sure, small towns have overlapping news. It seems odd that one should foll ... [Read More]
- 5:18:28, Mar 27th 2015 - FountainFarmer - johnqpublic, To expand on my previous post:,Let me ask you a que ... [Read More]
- 4:44:20, Mar 27th 2015 - Thanks! - I have read your articles for quite awhile now, always amazed that you seem ... [Read More]
- 4:26:44, Mar 27th 2015 - FountainFarmer - johnqpublic, So what if the Bluff Valley Reader had an article ... [Read More]
- 3:09:10, Mar 27th 2015 - johnqpublic - This looks familiar...where else have I read this? Just looks so famil ... [Read More]
- 10:51:48, Mar 27th 2015 - Vikefan 1 - Thanks, Mr. Van Gorp, for speaking out. I'm 100% with you. ... [Read More]
- 10:08:12, Mar 26th 2015 - saverton - Love your story Jim. . . . Good Job! ... [Read More]
- 12:35:40, Mar 26th 2015 - luver of all things left - Sorry pal, I'm kind of new to this. I'll use spellcheck f ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 9th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Reuben E. Wordelman, 96, of Oklee and Apache Junction, Ariz., a former longtime Spring Valley resident, died January 2, 2004 at Lutheran Hospital in Mesa, Ariz.
He was born Feb. 6, 1907, in Amboy, Minn.; graduated from the Wells High School; and attended North Central College in Naperville, Ill. On June 18, 1930, he married Evelyn Miller, and they lived in Spring Valley. Mr. Wordelman worked at First National Bank, and then became a bank examiner and in 1943 began farming. He also was an income tax preparer, an insurance agent, a school bus driver and a real estate broker. He and his first wife spent their retirement years in Mesa, Ariz., and in Crosslake and Garrison, Minn. She died Oct. 9, 1984. He married Dorothy Spong on Aug. 21, 1987, and they lived in Oklee and Apache Junction. He was a member of United Methodist Church in Gilbert, Ariz. Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Lois (Roger) Carson of Mesa; two sons, Dale (Lorrine) of Rochester and Jon (Marlene) of Kasson; a stepdaughter, Esther (Homer) Saetre of Battle Lake, Minn.; five stepsons, George (Charlotte) Spong of Paso Robles, Calif., Larry (Norma) Spong of Thief River Falls, Minn., Earl Spong of Great Falls, Mont., Dale (Susan) Spong of Grand Forks, N.D., and Gary Spong of Fargo, N.D.; nine grandchildren; 13 stepgrandchildren; 20 great-grandchildren; 18 stepgreat-grandchildren; seven great-great-grandchildren; and five stepgreat-great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by a stepson, two grandsons, a sister and a brother. The funeral for Reuben E. Wordelman was January 10, 2004 at Zion Lutheran Church in Oklee, Minn. Burial was in Rosehill Cemetery in Wells, Minn.