"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, May 3rd, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:57:13, May 2nd 2016 - Happy! - The softball girls are soooo relieved! ... [Read More]
- 12:47:26, Apr 30th 2016 - LOLZ - Boy, I'm glad I don't live in SEMEN. ... [Read More]
- 6:37:45, Apr 29th 2016 - SEMN - Really you don't own that sign in! Grow up! I can't stop laughing! Last time I ... [Read More]
- 3:52:31, Apr 29th 2016 - Combat Veteran - @Paul- Where is your "you're a racist, warmongering, hateful, bigot" ... [Read More]
- 8:54:50, Apr 28th 2016 - LOLZ - Some dough head is using my name. I couldn't care less about the school, my ki ... [Read More]
- 2:10:13, Apr 28th 2016 - SEMN - What are you going to do about it SEMN? Last time I checked you didn't own the ... [Read More]
- 8:02:21, Apr 28th 2016 - SEMN - So who's the clown that is using my sign in, grow up. ... [Read More]
- 5:54:17, Apr 28th 2016 - Lala - Look the bully FC girl switched sports! ... [Read More]
- 5:53:10, Apr 28th 2016 - Semn - LOLZ, your the troll! ... [Read More]
- 10:18:05, Apr 27th 2016 - Paul - Not sure either party can say their system is perfect. Remember about throwin ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 9th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Reuben E. Wordelman, 96, of Oklee and Apache Junction, Ariz., a former longtime Spring Valley resident, died January 2, 2004 at Lutheran Hospital in Mesa, Ariz.
He was born Feb. 6, 1907, in Amboy, Minn.; graduated from the Wells High School; and attended North Central College in Naperville, Ill. On June 18, 1930, he married Evelyn Miller, and they lived in Spring Valley. Mr. Wordelman worked at First National Bank, and then became a bank examiner and in 1943 began farming. He also was an income tax preparer, an insurance agent, a school bus driver and a real estate broker. He and his first wife spent their retirement years in Mesa, Ariz., and in Crosslake and Garrison, Minn. She died Oct. 9, 1984. He married Dorothy Spong on Aug. 21, 1987, and they lived in Oklee and Apache Junction. He was a member of United Methodist Church in Gilbert, Ariz. Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Lois (Roger) Carson of Mesa; two sons, Dale (Lorrine) of Rochester and Jon (Marlene) of Kasson; a stepdaughter, Esther (Homer) Saetre of Battle Lake, Minn.; five stepsons, George (Charlotte) Spong of Paso Robles, Calif., Larry (Norma) Spong of Thief River Falls, Minn., Earl Spong of Great Falls, Mont., Dale (Susan) Spong of Grand Forks, N.D., and Gary Spong of Fargo, N.D.; nine grandchildren; 13 stepgrandchildren; 20 great-grandchildren; 18 stepgreat-grandchildren; seven great-great-grandchildren; and five stepgreat-great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by a stepson, two grandsons, a sister and a brother. The funeral for Reuben E. Wordelman was January 10, 2004 at Zion Lutheran Church in Oklee, Minn. Burial was in Rosehill Cemetery in Wells, Minn.