"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, July 5th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:36:12, Jul 1st 2015 - - And on the News they show the female pitcher hits the girl up at bat. Lol668 ... [Read More]
- 2:59:22, Jun 28th 2015 - livin' the dream - 1. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make reco ... [Read More]
- 9:36:21, Jun 27th 2015 - SV80 - To Jeez: Anybody who denies global warming or any other scientific propositio ... [Read More]
- 5:41:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Remark1976 - Maybe? Do you realize that when a building referendum for a new scho ... [Read More]
- 2:35:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 2:33:37, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 1:26:30, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ grehl- all you libs talk and talk about gun control and taking and ... [Read More]
- 12:37:22, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ SV80- 1) the whole idea of a set in stone time table is silly, acc ... [Read More]
- 10:30:23, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Kim Wentworth: Let's take your points one by one. (1) "you set your foreig ... [Read More]
- 9:49:35, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Well said, LOLZ ... [Read More]
Have you ever been injured while shooting off fireworks?
Fri, Jan 9th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Reuben E. Wordelman, 96, of Oklee and Apache Junction, Ariz., a former longtime Spring Valley resident, died January 2, 2004 at Lutheran Hospital in Mesa, Ariz.
He was born Feb. 6, 1907, in Amboy, Minn.; graduated from the Wells High School; and attended North Central College in Naperville, Ill. On June 18, 1930, he married Evelyn Miller, and they lived in Spring Valley. Mr. Wordelman worked at First National Bank, and then became a bank examiner and in 1943 began farming. He also was an income tax preparer, an insurance agent, a school bus driver and a real estate broker. He and his first wife spent their retirement years in Mesa, Ariz., and in Crosslake and Garrison, Minn. She died Oct. 9, 1984. He married Dorothy Spong on Aug. 21, 1987, and they lived in Oklee and Apache Junction. He was a member of United Methodist Church in Gilbert, Ariz. Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Lois (Roger) Carson of Mesa; two sons, Dale (Lorrine) of Rochester and Jon (Marlene) of Kasson; a stepdaughter, Esther (Homer) Saetre of Battle Lake, Minn.; five stepsons, George (Charlotte) Spong of Paso Robles, Calif., Larry (Norma) Spong of Thief River Falls, Minn., Earl Spong of Great Falls, Mont., Dale (Susan) Spong of Grand Forks, N.D., and Gary Spong of Fargo, N.D.; nine grandchildren; 13 stepgrandchildren; 20 great-grandchildren; 18 stepgreat-grandchildren; seven great-great-grandchildren; and five stepgreat-great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by a stepson, two grandsons, a sister and a brother. The funeral for Reuben E. Wordelman was January 10, 2004 at Zion Lutheran Church in Oklee, Minn. Burial was in Rosehill Cemetery in Wells, Minn.