"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, August 29th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:03:45, Aug 28th 2015 - millerml - It's wonderful today to see wholesome farm kids raising animals and growin ... [Read More]
- 12:05:42, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - If Concerned is really concerned about public safety in Fountain, why d ... [Read More]
- 11:59:53, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - to the anonymous poster: There is no limit on how much I or anyone e ... [Read More]
- 10:12:49, Aug 28th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Very nice kids! Good work Mom and Dad. ... [Read More]
- 6:26:59, Aug 24th 2015 - Lmao - Doc........do u even know what that means? U better look it up! ... [Read More]
- 3:35:05, Aug 23rd 2015 - LOLZ - Everyone and their brother has a grey Impala. That's why they are about as int ... [Read More]
- 3:31:31, Aug 23rd 2015 - doc - Agree: Illiterate much? ... [Read More]
- 6:58:24, Aug 23rd 2015 - ? - Just put a lock on it, way cheaper! No brainer! ... [Read More]
- 8:43:20, Aug 21st 2015 - ecomom - Since Laura's father Charles died in 1902, I seriously doubt he helped build ... [Read More]
- 12:50:32, Aug 21st 2015 - Agree - Seen two girls go into school the other day with pants that looked like unde ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 9th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Reuben E. Wordelman, 96, of Oklee and Apache Junction, Ariz., a former longtime Spring Valley resident, died January 2, 2004 at Lutheran Hospital in Mesa, Ariz.
He was born Feb. 6, 1907, in Amboy, Minn.; graduated from the Wells High School; and attended North Central College in Naperville, Ill. On June 18, 1930, he married Evelyn Miller, and they lived in Spring Valley. Mr. Wordelman worked at First National Bank, and then became a bank examiner and in 1943 began farming. He also was an income tax preparer, an insurance agent, a school bus driver and a real estate broker. He and his first wife spent their retirement years in Mesa, Ariz., and in Crosslake and Garrison, Minn. She died Oct. 9, 1984. He married Dorothy Spong on Aug. 21, 1987, and they lived in Oklee and Apache Junction. He was a member of United Methodist Church in Gilbert, Ariz. Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Lois (Roger) Carson of Mesa; two sons, Dale (Lorrine) of Rochester and Jon (Marlene) of Kasson; a stepdaughter, Esther (Homer) Saetre of Battle Lake, Minn.; five stepsons, George (Charlotte) Spong of Paso Robles, Calif., Larry (Norma) Spong of Thief River Falls, Minn., Earl Spong of Great Falls, Mont., Dale (Susan) Spong of Grand Forks, N.D., and Gary Spong of Fargo, N.D.; nine grandchildren; 13 stepgrandchildren; 20 great-grandchildren; 18 stepgreat-grandchildren; seven great-great-grandchildren; and five stepgreat-great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by a stepson, two grandsons, a sister and a brother. The funeral for Reuben E. Wordelman was January 10, 2004 at Zion Lutheran Church in Oklee, Minn. Burial was in Rosehill Cemetery in Wells, Minn.