"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, September 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - email@example.com - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniersâ€™ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 9th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Esther I. Tuff, 71, of rural Rushford, died December 28, 2003 at her home.
Esther Tuff was born Nov. 19, 1932, in Rushford to Elvin and Ida (Edwardson) Tuff. She grew up there and graduated from Rushford High School in 1950. She was a member of the National Honor Society in high school. She attended St. Olaf College for one year and then continued at the Minnesota School of Business. She then attended Winona State University, graduating with a bachelor’s degree in education in 1956. While at Winona State, she had been a member of the Kappa Delta Pi fraternity. Miss Tuff taught fifth grade in Lewiston and in Rochester for 11 years. In the late 1960s, she returned to her family’s farm to care for her parents and to help run the farm. Survivors include a brother, Ernest Tuff of Rushford, and a sister, Doris Smelser of Citrus Heights, Calif. She was preceded in death by a brother. The funeral for Esther I. Tuff was January 3, 2004 in Rushford Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Roger Michaelson officiating. Burial was in Rushford Lutheran Cemetery. Hoff Funeral Homes-Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.