"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, December 2nd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:21:36, Nov 30th 2015 - Andy Wolter - Hey ol' neighbor! Apparently the FCJ doesn't archive your columns; I ca ... [Read More]
- 4:58:14, Nov 30th 2015 - doc - I ordered a California burger for take out. It was a really tasty burger and it ... [Read More]
- 9:41:05, Nov 27th 2015 - WoW - As a long time reader of your paper I think it should stay how it is. It's a ch ... [Read More]
- 1:35:05, Nov 26th 2015 - consaredumb - The most vocal people are always the most ignorant. ... [Read More]
- 2:58:00, Nov 25th 2015 - James1952 - The word on the street is that the folks who own the land above the schoo ... [Read More]
- 10:17:32, Nov 25th 2015 - - Yes it does take money to operate schools and keep buildings open. If the high s ... [Read More]
- 9:09:47, Nov 25th 2015 - @Says - Bottom line... it takes money to operate & keep open school buildings. Yes, I ... [Read More]
- 7:57:56, Nov 25th 2015 - nature man - I think y'all are in denial. Atrazine in all your well, shallow aquifer ... [Read More]
- 10:20:12, Nov 24th 2015 - - It's about the money? What an ignorant comment. Is that what you teach your kid ... [Read More]
- 9:20:20, Nov 24th 2015 - reader - What an inspiring message! Thank you! ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 9th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Esther I. Tuff, 71, of rural Rushford, died December 28, 2003 at her home.
Esther Tuff was born Nov. 19, 1932, in Rushford to Elvin and Ida (Edwardson) Tuff. She grew up there and graduated from Rushford High School in 1950. She was a member of the National Honor Society in high school. She attended St. Olaf College for one year and then continued at the Minnesota School of Business. She then attended Winona State University, graduating with a bachelorís degree in education in 1956. While at Winona State, she had been a member of the Kappa Delta Pi fraternity. Miss Tuff taught fifth grade in Lewiston and in Rochester for 11 years. In the late 1960s, she returned to her familyís farm to care for her parents and to help run the farm. Survivors include a brother, Ernest Tuff of Rushford, and a sister, Doris Smelser of Citrus Heights, Calif. She was preceded in death by a brother. The funeral for Esther I. Tuff was January 3, 2004 in Rushford Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Roger Michaelson officiating. Burial was in Rushford Lutheran Cemetery. Hoff Funeral Homes-Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.