"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, August 20th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
- 9:08:48, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - What was the MN unemployment rate when GWB was in office? ... [Read More]
- 10:48:03, Aug 15th 2014 - Retired - A quick google search offers numerous ideas for community education. Knitt ... [Read More]
- 10:44:01, Aug 15th 2014 - tom - I believe that part of what made this country great was the ability to work to ... [Read More]
- 12:31:16, Aug 14th 2014 - Mad Mike - All you liberal's think a like. You read what you want to read and liste ... [Read More]
- 10:28:11, Aug 13th 2014 - Dale Eppen - Herb, I am so happy you like Obama Care. I also assume you like half a ... [Read More]
- 9:54:03, Aug 11th 2014 - rschalow - Sign the Petition: Tell North Dakota Leaders that the oil companies aren't ... [Read More]
- 1:25:19, Aug 11th 2014 - NCLoon - Would Mr. Gudmonson please share with us where he gathered all of the data r ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 9th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Carroll R. Larson, 88, of Houston died January 1, 2004 at Valley View Nursing Home in Houston.
Carroll R. Larson was born July 14, 1915 in Mabel to Oliver and Helen (Richardson) Larson. He served in the US Air Force from 1941-43. In 1943 he married Verna McElmury in Milwaukee, Wisc. They operated a general store in Money Creek while he attended Winona State College. He taught at several rural consolidated schools in Houston and Winona counties and in Fairbault, Minn. In 1950 he become a rural letter carrier and served for 30 years. He was active in the Money Creek United Methodist Church and served on the board, as a Sunday school teacher, lay leader and a youth leader. Survivors include two daughters, Barbara (David Guimond) Larson of Bloomington, Minn., and Elizabeth (Dennis) Tracy of Venice, Fla.; three grandchildren; and one sister. He was preceded in death by his wife, his parents and six brothers. A memorial service for Carroll ‘Cy’ R. Larson was held on January 5, 2004 at the Money Creek United Methodist Church, a private burial service will be held at a later date at the Choice Cemetery, Choice, Minn.