"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, October 21st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:58:54, Oct 20th 2014 - Joel Hovland - Why do kids need a new school? Answer, they don’t! For the past 6 ... [Read More]
- 2:15:32, Oct 20th 2014 - curiosity... - Just out of curiosity for what reason is it that you believe Mr. Kaase ... [Read More]
- 10:10:04, Oct 20th 2014 - Facts - We are voting on a complete package this time. The last vote was a chopped ... [Read More]
- 9:37:50, Oct 20th 2014 - truth - "I say they should respect the wishes of the voters as they were clearly told ... [Read More]
- 9:22:29, Oct 20th 2014 - truth - "R-P administration and the “Vote Yes” group say we should show respect f ... [Read More]
- 5:58:02, Oct 19th 2014 - - F.Y.I--Passed, not pasted ... [Read More]
- 4:32:49, Oct 19th 2014 - RFDVOLUNTEER - To "the truth hurts and "loud interruption" I am for the school, but ... [Read More]
- 4:19:23, Oct 19th 2014 - Facts - Read these commentaries and then actually call the district and get the true ... [Read More]
- 4:11:10, Oct 19th 2014 - RFDVOLUNTEER - To "the truth hurts and "loud interruption" I am for the school, but ... [Read More]
- 9:46:48, Oct 19th 2014 - greatquestion - You ask a very good question. Mr. Ehler or Board Chair Mr. Linder wo ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 16th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Helen M. Niemeyer, 86, of Chatfield, a longtime deputy city clerk, died January 11, 2004 at Rochester Health & Rehab East.
Helen M. Durfey was born Oct. 15, 1917, in LeMars, Iowa, and later moved to the Chatfield area with her family. She attended Pilot Mound and Chatfield schools and graduated from Chatfield High School in 1935. In 1938, she married Edwin Niemeyer in Chatfield. They started Niemeyer Plumbing and Heating in 1945, and she operated the office for the business until her husband's death in 1966. Mrs. Niemeyer was a deputy city clerk for the city of Chatfield for 33 years, and after retiring continued part time until 2000. She was a member of St. Paul Lutheran Church, served as church secretary for several years and volunteered for Channel One. Survivors include a son, Philip (Sonya) of Rochester; three granddaughters; three great-grandsons; and two sisters, Mary (Harald) Madsen of Minneapolis and Betty Bernard of Spring Valley. Two brothers preceded her in death. The funeral for Helen M. Niemeyer was January 13, 2004 at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Chatfield, with the Rev. Preston Paul officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.