"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, May 25th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:53:13, May 24th 2015 - Greg Rendahl - Jason, while you certainly make some good points in your opinion piece ... [Read More]
- 4:56:30, May 22nd 2015 - Shame on you - "A gun is an instrument of death. It is designed for one purpose, to k ... [Read More]
- 1:35:20, May 22nd 2015 - Michael - As a Navy veteran I salute Ron Scheevel for his service and sacrifice in Vi ... [Read More]
- 12:48:16, May 22nd 2015 - Kim Wentworth - a couple of points in response. the NRA has had a long history in gu ... [Read More]
- 11:57:35, May 22nd 2015 - RogerClegg - Re felon voting: Glad this bill failed. If you aren’t willing to fo ... [Read More]
- 12:15:00, May 20th 2015 - Shorty - Makes me feel pretty old when I read about people I knew. I would like to ... [Read More]
- 11:34:36, May 20th 2015 - SV80 - To Future: I can empathize with your regarding Hawkeye63. He exhibits all t ... [Read More]
- 12:49:06, May 19th 2015 - future - @Hawkeye63 My entire argument has been based on legal civil rights argument ... [Read More]
- 7:22:50, May 19th 2015 - hawkeye63 - There you have it fellow citizens, I sure hope America is paying attentio ... [Read More]
- 6:06:44, May 18th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Thank you for a great read. Like an addicting mini-series, I could not ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 16th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Vera A. Kasten, 88, of Spring Valley died January 14, 2004 at the Stewartville Care Center in Stewartville where she had been a resident for a short time.
Vera Alene Bauer was born June 19, 1915 in Jordan Township, Fillmore County to Fred and Martha (VanRheeden) Bauer. She lived her whole life in the Spring Valley area. She married Wesley Kasten on November 10, 1935. Her husband died October 23, 2001. Survivors include two sons, Leonard (Maureen) Kasten of Stewartville and Gerald (Gloria) Kasten of Boise, Idaho; two daughters, Karon (Ralph) Bonnerud of Spring Valley and Kathleen Kasten of Winona; daughter-in-law, Ilene Kasten of Spring Valley; 15 grandchildren; 34 great grandchildren; 3 great-great grandchildren; and a sister, Ora "Toody" Olson of Paynesville, Minn. She was preceded in death by her parents, a son, a grandson, a great grandchild, a brother and two sisters. Funeral services for Vera A. Kasten were January18, 2004 at the Faith United Methodist Church in Spring Valley with Rev. William Rowen officiating. Burial was in the Spring Valley Cemetery. Hindt Hutchins Funeral Home, Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.