"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, April 25th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:21:24, Apr 25th 2015 - ScienceMan - Mr. Earley, please listen to how illogical your opposition is to Mr. Re ... [Read More]
- 8:18:02, Apr 25th 2015 - doc - It sure is a never ending source of amusement for me to read the right wingers' ... [Read More]
- 12:28:34, Apr 24th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - to science dude and rest of you liberal tatters: www.forbes.com/... ... [Read More]
- 12:50:38, Apr 21st 2015 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Thanks for the awesome tribute to the many firemen involved and ... [Read More]
- 8:36:39, Apr 21st 2015 - cheryl erickson mahaffay - Henrytown Lutheran Church has shaped me ll my life. I will ... [Read More]
- 2:39:36, Apr 20th 2015 - LOLZ - I do agree that "Just Say No" was about the lamest thing ever spoken by Frank ... [Read More]
- 12:12:47, Apr 20th 2015 - Sheriff Tom Kaase - Very well done! ... [Read More]
- 2:27:12, Apr 17th 2015 - science guy - To Kim Wentworth: Here's an idea Mr. Smart Alec. Take each of the sc ... [Read More]
- 5:57:59, Apr 17th 2015 - lol - And you all heard the mayor of this town didn't file to run again. He said he f ... [Read More]
- 5:47:24, Apr 17th 2015 - sosad - Well said regrets! Agree with you. If you didn't grow up here they treat u as ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 16th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Vera A. Kasten, 88, of Spring Valley died January 14, 2004 at the Stewartville Care Center in Stewartville where she had been a resident for a short time.
Vera Alene Bauer was born June 19, 1915 in Jordan Township, Fillmore County to Fred and Martha (VanRheeden) Bauer. She lived her whole life in the Spring Valley area. She married Wesley Kasten on November 10, 1935. Her husband died October 23, 2001. Survivors include two sons, Leonard (Maureen) Kasten of Stewartville and Gerald (Gloria) Kasten of Boise, Idaho; two daughters, Karon (Ralph) Bonnerud of Spring Valley and Kathleen Kasten of Winona; daughter-in-law, Ilene Kasten of Spring Valley; 15 grandchildren; 34 great grandchildren; 3 great-great grandchildren; and a sister, Ora "Toody" Olson of Paynesville, Minn. She was preceded in death by her parents, a son, a grandson, a great grandchild, a brother and two sisters. Funeral services for Vera A. Kasten were January18, 2004 at the Faith United Methodist Church in Spring Valley with Rev. William Rowen officiating. Burial was in the Spring Valley Cemetery. Hindt Hutchins Funeral Home, Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.