"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, April 28th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:13:19, Apr 27th 2015 - middle ground - Do you "enlightened' people who say the science is settled know that ... [Read More]
- 1:01:48, Apr 27th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - at doc- NEWS FLASH, Al Gore just stated the reason for the drought In ... [Read More]
- 5:45:13, Apr 26th 2015 - LOLZ - Do the corporations disclose the list of chemicals used in fracking? I didn't ... [Read More]
- 11:13:40, Apr 26th 2015 - hawkeye63 - I think this is a little hysterical given this sand has been widely used ... [Read More]
- 10:59:21, Apr 26th 2015 - hawkeye63 - Mr. Panko, a few facts to interject: 1] There is no lack of state and f ... [Read More]
- 10:21:24, Apr 25th 2015 - ScienceMan - Mr. Earley, please listen to how illogical your opposition is to Mr. Re ... [Read More]
- 8:18:02, Apr 25th 2015 - doc - It sure is a never ending source of amusement for me to read the right wingers' ... [Read More]
- 12:28:34, Apr 24th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - to science dude and rest of you liberal tatters: www.forbes.com/... ... [Read More]
- 12:50:38, Apr 21st 2015 - email@example.com - Thanks for the awesome tribute to the many firemen involved and ... [Read More]
- 8:36:39, Apr 21st 2015 - cheryl erickson mahaffay - Henrytown Lutheran Church has shaped me ll my life. I will ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 16th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Vera A. Kasten, 88, of Spring Valley died January 14, 2004 at the Stewartville Care Center in Stewartville where she had been a resident for a short time.
Vera Alene Bauer was born June 19, 1915 in Jordan Township, Fillmore County to Fred and Martha (VanRheeden) Bauer. She lived her whole life in the Spring Valley area. She married Wesley Kasten on November 10, 1935. Her husband died October 23, 2001. Survivors include two sons, Leonard (Maureen) Kasten of Stewartville and Gerald (Gloria) Kasten of Boise, Idaho; two daughters, Karon (Ralph) Bonnerud of Spring Valley and Kathleen Kasten of Winona; daughter-in-law, Ilene Kasten of Spring Valley; 15 grandchildren; 34 great grandchildren; 3 great-great grandchildren; and a sister, Ora "Toody" Olson of Paynesville, Minn. She was preceded in death by her parents, a son, a grandson, a great grandchild, a brother and two sisters. Funeral services for Vera A. Kasten were January18, 2004 at the Faith United Methodist Church in Spring Valley with Rev. William Rowen officiating. Burial was in the Spring Valley Cemetery. Hindt Hutchins Funeral Home, Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.