"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, November 24th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:10:46, Nov 17th 2014 - doc - I'm surprised conservatives aren't picketing there for their war on women. ... [Read More]
- 5:09:30, Nov 17th 2014 - doc - Is it illegal to push THEIR snow into the street though? ... [Read More]
- 4:16:40, Nov 15th 2014 - Gudrun - Ralph's burial at Arlington National Cemetery is scheduled for February 12, ... [Read More]
- 6:43:44, Nov 6th 2014 - winters coming - Tell Fillmore central in harmony that it is against the law to push t ... [Read More]
- 11:34:53, Nov 3rd 2014 - Tom Kaase - First of all, thank you again to Editor Jason Sethre for allowing people ... [Read More]
- 8:35:39, Nov 3rd 2014 - Ethics - I find it very interesting that Mike Holzer writes a letter to the editor sup ... [Read More]
- 8:34:20, Nov 3rd 2014 - Ethics - I find it very interesting that Mike Holzer writes a letter to the editor sup ... [Read More]
- 10:19:22, Oct 29th 2014 - Proud of Jessie Street Java - What a great event, and hats off to Jessie Street Java ... [Read More]
- 5:07:18, Oct 29th 2014 - Wykoff Voter - Huh....Kaase's son was a jailer then a part time deputy. If Tom wins i ... [Read More]
- 4:45:54, Oct 29th 2014 - Huh!!! - Bashing Mr. Miner over a failed gas station / grocery business in the little ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 16th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Vera A. Kasten, 88, of Spring Valley died January 14, 2004 at the Stewartville Care Center in Stewartville where she had been a resident for a short time.
Vera Alene Bauer was born June 19, 1915 in Jordan Township, Fillmore County to Fred and Martha (VanRheeden) Bauer. She lived her whole life in the Spring Valley area. She married Wesley Kasten on November 10, 1935. Her husband died October 23, 2001. Survivors include two sons, Leonard (Maureen) Kasten of Stewartville and Gerald (Gloria) Kasten of Boise, Idaho; two daughters, Karon (Ralph) Bonnerud of Spring Valley and Kathleen Kasten of Winona; daughter-in-law, Ilene Kasten of Spring Valley; 15 grandchildren; 34 great grandchildren; 3 great-great grandchildren; and a sister, Ora "Toody" Olson of Paynesville, Minn. She was preceded in death by her parents, a son, a grandson, a great grandchild, a brother and two sisters. Funeral services for Vera A. Kasten were January18, 2004 at the Faith United Methodist Church in Spring Valley with Rev. William Rowen officiating. Burial was in the Spring Valley Cemetery. Hindt Hutchins Funeral Home, Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.