"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, October 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:55:22, Oct 24th 2014 - yup - I just got a bill for the 1st ave road construction $4,539.61 Omg really. I hav ... [Read More]
- 3:58:48, Oct 24th 2014 - Remember - Please remember this Wykoff voters. You may also be interested in knowing ... [Read More]
- 1:07:20, Oct 24th 2014 - Goodness1 - What do people in harmony need a community garden for? Everyone has spa ... [Read More]
- 12:52:15, Oct 24th 2014 - Michele Ekern - My only comment is that THERE WAS FLOOD WATER IN RUSHFORD SCHOOL!!! ... [Read More]
- 10:50:58, Oct 24th 2014 - SMDH - Another rambling, crazy rant from Stan. Stick to shouting conspiracies from ... [Read More]
- 7:16:15, Oct 24th 2014 - 1st ave resident - People really need to respect the law and stop blocking our drivew ... [Read More]
- 7:10:43, Oct 24th 2014 - whatever - Good luck with the gardens! The food will be stole! Maybe then they will s ... [Read More]
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
- 9:18:55, Oct 22nd 2014 - R-P fan - This referendum thing has divided the community. Let's change the subject. ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 16th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Vera A. Kasten, 88, of Spring Valley died January 14, 2004 at the Stewartville Care Center in Stewartville where she had been a resident for a short time.
Vera Alene Bauer was born June 19, 1915 in Jordan Township, Fillmore County to Fred and Martha (VanRheeden) Bauer. She lived her whole life in the Spring Valley area. She married Wesley Kasten on November 10, 1935. Her husband died October 23, 2001. Survivors include two sons, Leonard (Maureen) Kasten of Stewartville and Gerald (Gloria) Kasten of Boise, Idaho; two daughters, Karon (Ralph) Bonnerud of Spring Valley and Kathleen Kasten of Winona; daughter-in-law, Ilene Kasten of Spring Valley; 15 grandchildren; 34 great grandchildren; 3 great-great grandchildren; and a sister, Ora "Toody" Olson of Paynesville, Minn. She was preceded in death by her parents, a son, a grandson, a great grandchild, a brother and two sisters. Funeral services for Vera A. Kasten were January18, 2004 at the Faith United Methodist Church in Spring Valley with Rev. William Rowen officiating. Burial was in the Spring Valley Cemetery. Hindt Hutchins Funeral Home, Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.