"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, July 29th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
- 1:30:09, Jul 27th 2014 - wow - Living on the Iowa border I will do all my shopping in Iowa if they do that! ... [Read More]
- 1:27:17, Jul 27th 2014 - in harmony - Hum...no tickets issued? Thats something I've never heard before. My X g ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 23rd, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Georgie Martin Young, 87, of Canton, a retired farmer, died January 15, 2004 at Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel following a short illness.
Born Nov. 17, 1916, to Elbert and Stella Young on the family farm. He graduated from Canton High School and attended the University of Minnesota. On June 4, 1941, he married Irene Jones. They farmed on the home farm where he raised Belgian horses, and after moving into Canton, he kept close ties to the farm. His wife died Feb. 4, 1992. Mr. Young was a longtime member and past elder of Canton-Scotland First Presbyterian Church. He served on the Elliota School Board and was a member of the Harmony-Canton Saddle Club for many years. Survivors include a daughter, Joanne (Calvin) Henry of Marion, Iowa; a son, William of Canton; nine grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by a son and a sister. The funeral for Georgie Martin Young was January 19, 2004 at First Presbyterian Church in Canton, with the Rev. Jim Saife officiating. Burial was in Elliota Cemetery in rural Canton. Lindstrom Funeral Home in Harmony was in charge of arrangements.