"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, May 30th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:27:53, May 30th 2015 - SV80 - To doc: Thanks for the compliment and encouragement. However, I'm not sure ... [Read More]
- 6:45:55, May 30th 2015 - doc - SV80, you use your tongue prettier than a $1500 prostitute. Seriously, you must ... [Read More]
- 9:41:24, May 29th 2015 - SV80 - Mr. Wentworth: You said, "the global warming wackos are jumping off the bandw ... [Read More]
- 7:18:59, May 29th 2015 - - June 1st 2015 hasn't happened yet. ... [Read More]
- 10:19:36, May 29th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @sv80 and doc- I stand by what I posted earlier and reasons I gave. ... [Read More]
- 7:01:26, May 29th 2015 - doc - SV80, very good analogy comparing the cancer diagnosis to global warming. I th ... [Read More]
- 6:51:24, May 29th 2015 - Livin' the dream - Redhorsie51....you must be another one that paid no attention whil ... [Read More]
- 6:09:48, May 29th 2015 - hum - Kingslandgrad, and livinthedream always have stupid posts. Kingslandgrad doesn' ... [Read More]
- 10:10:17, May 28th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - EXCUSE ME............... BUSH IS AT FAULT? AND WHERE DO YOU LIVE THAT ... [Read More]
- 9:06:07, May 28th 2015 - Livin' the dream - Funny how people that actually left Harmony still expect everythin ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 23rd, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Georgie Martin Young, 87, of Canton, a retired farmer, died January 15, 2004 at Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel following a short illness.
Born Nov. 17, 1916, to Elbert and Stella Young on the family farm. He graduated from Canton High School and attended the University of Minnesota. On June 4, 1941, he married Irene Jones. They farmed on the home farm where he raised Belgian horses, and after moving into Canton, he kept close ties to the farm. His wife died Feb. 4, 1992. Mr. Young was a longtime member and past elder of Canton-Scotland First Presbyterian Church. He served on the Elliota School Board and was a member of the Harmony-Canton Saddle Club for many years. Survivors include a daughter, Joanne (Calvin) Henry of Marion, Iowa; a son, William of Canton; nine grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by a son and a sister. The funeral for Georgie Martin Young was January 19, 2004 at First Presbyterian Church in Canton, with the Rev. Jim Saife officiating. Burial was in Elliota Cemetery in rural Canton. Lindstrom Funeral Home in Harmony was in charge of arrangements.