"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, October 9th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:39:52, Oct 9th 2015 - KingslandGrad95 - As someone who was a student at Kingsland from it's beginning, pare ... [Read More]
- 11:23:47, Oct 9th 2015 - Go Falcons!! - I'd like to give a huge shout out to Fillmore Centrals Volleyball coac ... [Read More]
- 9:10:55, Oct 7th 2015 - @ Concerned - I have wondered about this too. Most of the Wykoff kids don't even go t ... [Read More]
- 2:53:37, Oct 6th 2015 - Concerned - Has the school board & administration ever checked into why so many studen ... [Read More]
- 9:58:41, Oct 6th 2015 - - Why don't you run for school board, SomethingNeedsToBeDone? Write-in candidates we ... [Read More]
- 2:05:39, Oct 5th 2015 - Paul - The Quaran does not tell Muslims to kill non-muslims. In fact it says Muslims a ... [Read More]
- 1:01:48, Oct 5th 2015 - GoldenRule - Let us be mindful of the Golden Rule and how we treat others. Be careful ... [Read More]
- 11:32:26, Oct 5th 2015 - SomethingNeedsToBeDone - Are people blind?? How can they continue to use a facility ... [Read More]
- 11:23:54, Oct 5th 2015 - James1952 - Pig poker- what did you crybaby vote yes losers do both times you lost th ... [Read More]
- 10:51:29, Oct 5th 2015 - Pig poker - We all know why Jon Peterson doesn't want the school, he's mad because he ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 23rd, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Georgie Martin Young, 87, of Canton, a retired farmer, died January 15, 2004 at Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel following a short illness.
Born Nov. 17, 1916, to Elbert and Stella Young on the family farm. He graduated from Canton High School and attended the University of Minnesota. On June 4, 1941, he married Irene Jones. They farmed on the home farm where he raised Belgian horses, and after moving into Canton, he kept close ties to the farm. His wife died Feb. 4, 1992. Mr. Young was a longtime member and past elder of Canton-Scotland First Presbyterian Church. He served on the Elliota School Board and was a member of the Harmony-Canton Saddle Club for many years. Survivors include a daughter, Joanne (Calvin) Henry of Marion, Iowa; a son, William of Canton; nine grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by a son and a sister. The funeral for Georgie Martin Young was January 19, 2004 at First Presbyterian Church in Canton, with the Rev. Jim Saife officiating. Burial was in Elliota Cemetery in rural Canton. Lindstrom Funeral Home in Harmony was in charge of arrangements.