"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, July 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my vote👍 - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 23rd, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Georgie Martin Young, 87, of Canton, a retired farmer, died January 15, 2004 at Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel following a short illness.
Born Nov. 17, 1916, to Elbert and Stella Young on the family farm. He graduated from Canton High School and attended the University of Minnesota. On June 4, 1941, he married Irene Jones. They farmed on the home farm where he raised Belgian horses, and after moving into Canton, he kept close ties to the farm. His wife died Feb. 4, 1992. Mr. Young was a longtime member and past elder of Canton-Scotland First Presbyterian Church. He served on the Elliota School Board and was a member of the Harmony-Canton Saddle Club for many years. Survivors include a daughter, Joanne (Calvin) Henry of Marion, Iowa; a son, William of Canton; nine grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by a son and a sister. The funeral for Georgie Martin Young was January 19, 2004 at First Presbyterian Church in Canton, with the Rev. Jim Saife officiating. Burial was in Elliota Cemetery in rural Canton. Lindstrom Funeral Home in Harmony was in charge of arrangements.