"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, October 24th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:52:15, Oct 24th 2014 - Michele Ekern - My only comment is that THERE WAS FLOOD WATER IN RUSHFORD SCHOOL!!! ... [Read More]
- 10:50:58, Oct 24th 2014 - SMDH - Another rambling, crazy rant from Stan. Stick to shouting conspiracies from ... [Read More]
- 7:16:15, Oct 24th 2014 - 1st ave resident - People really need to respect the law and stop blocking our drivew ... [Read More]
- 7:10:43, Oct 24th 2014 - whatever - Good luck with the gardens! The food will be stole! Maybe then they will s ... [Read More]
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
- 9:18:55, Oct 22nd 2014 - R-P fan - This referendum thing has divided the community. Let's change the subject. ... [Read More]
- 9:25:16, Oct 22nd 2014 - StopTheDeceptionJon - " IT HAS NEVER BEEN STATED THAT THIS AID WOULD BE APPLIED FOR A ... [Read More]
- 7:17:10, Oct 22nd 2014 - Mayo grad - But FC could not beat Mayo. Gooooo Mayo! ... [Read More]
- 11:07:16, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 23rd, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Georgie Martin Young, 87, of Canton, a retired farmer, died January 15, 2004 at Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel following a short illness.
Born Nov. 17, 1916, to Elbert and Stella Young on the family farm. He graduated from Canton High School and attended the University of Minnesota. On June 4, 1941, he married Irene Jones. They farmed on the home farm where he raised Belgian horses, and after moving into Canton, he kept close ties to the farm. His wife died Feb. 4, 1992. Mr. Young was a longtime member and past elder of Canton-Scotland First Presbyterian Church. He served on the Elliota School Board and was a member of the Harmony-Canton Saddle Club for many years. Survivors include a daughter, Joanne (Calvin) Henry of Marion, Iowa; a son, William of Canton; nine grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by a son and a sister. The funeral for Georgie Martin Young was January 19, 2004 at First Presbyterian Church in Canton, with the Rev. Jim Saife officiating. Burial was in Elliota Cemetery in rural Canton. Lindstrom Funeral Home in Harmony was in charge of arrangements.