"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:12:52, Sep 30th 2014 - Justthefacts - "open enrolled out" 1) WIth your username "open enrolled out" you ... [Read More]
- 6:24:43, Sep 30th 2014 - hawkeye62 - What we really need is a President with the will and experience to lead i ... [Read More]
- 9:49:34, Sep 29th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - PRETTY GOOD CHANCE THE ANIMALS ARE DEMOCRATS CROSSING THE ROAD TO SEE WH ... [Read More]
- 4:48:52, Sep 29th 2014 - open enrolled out - It is time for us to again listen to thoughts of passionate peopl ... [Read More]
- 9:28:02, Sep 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - The person's identity will be made known at the meeting. The perso ... [Read More]
- 3:11:22, Sep 28th 2014 - - Who is this person ... [Read More]
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 23rd, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Arnold Everett Grimsrud, 87, of Rushford, died January 14, 2004 at Good Shepherd Lutheran Home in Rushford.
Arnold Grimsrud was born Jan. 4, 1917, on the family farm in Coon Valley, Wisc., to Arndt and Elida (Bjelland) Grimsrud. He graduated from Gale College Academy in 1935. On April 7, 1945, he married Helen Signe Holmes. After farming for years, he became assistant manager at the Wanamingo Grain Elevator. He later was manager of the Kenyon Farmers' Elevator. In 1977, he moved to Rushford and continued to be active in business, the community and church. He was a member of Root River Community Church in Rushford and a former member of Lower Coon Valley Church in Wisc., Emmanuel Lutheran Church in Kenyon and Highland Prairie Lutheran Church in rural Peterson. Survivors include two daughters, Ruth (Steven) Bendson of Minneapolis and Ann (Lee) Dumond of West Richland, Wash.; two sons, Daniel (Mary Jo) of Rushford and Steven (Kayce) of Missoula, Mont.; 11 grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and a sister, Rebecca Grimsrud of Westby. He was preceded in death by his wife, a brother and a sister. A memorial service for Arnold Everett Grimsrud was January 17, 2004 at the Good Shepherd Lutheran Home Chapel in Rushford, with the Revs. Les Nelson and Duane Agrimson co-officiating. Burial was in Highland Prairie Lutheran Cemetery in rural Peterson. Hoff Funeral Homes-Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.