"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, June 29th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:18:50, Jun 27th 2016 - PLEASE - PLEASE Kingsland district, take a look at what this commentary points and ou ... [Read More]
- 5:54:18, Jun 25th 2016 - Redhorse51 - Yes Ann, we all know that Sharon Roppes was instrumental in the Veteran ... [Read More]
- 10:55:08, Jun 24th 2016 - dianagoguen - Hello, Is there a place to access obituaries from previous years? ... [Read More]
- 3:45:08, Jun 22nd 2016 - SEMN - With all the people that will be flocking to town to have their kids attend sc ... [Read More]
- 3:44:45, Jun 22nd 2016 - Andy O'Connor - Agree to disagree Stan, we'll likely never see eye to eye on this iss ... [Read More]
- 3:23:28, Jun 22nd 2016 - SEMN - #sickofitall...do yourself a favor and get your dictionary out and look up " i ... [Read More]
- 3:15:56, Jun 22nd 2016 - #sickofitall - Palacek easement never was useable. He got to his property, with permi ... [Read More]
- 2:56:30, Jun 22nd 2016 - disgusted - There are a couple of issues here to be addressed The first one is the ... [Read More]
- 2:31:21, Jun 22nd 2016 - #sickofitall - Re: Palacek. He can not develop without a public road. His easement is ... [Read More]
- 1:15:13, Jun 22nd 2016 - Stan Gudmundson - An old building that can be replaced at 50 cents on the dollar? Su ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 23rd, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Arnold Everett Grimsrud, 87, of Rushford, died January 14, 2004 at Good Shepherd Lutheran Home in Rushford.
Arnold Grimsrud was born Jan. 4, 1917, on the family farm in Coon Valley, Wisc., to Arndt and Elida (Bjelland) Grimsrud. He graduated from Gale College Academy in 1935. On April 7, 1945, he married Helen Signe Holmes. After farming for years, he became assistant manager at the Wanamingo Grain Elevator. He later was manager of the Kenyon Farmers' Elevator. In 1977, he moved to Rushford and continued to be active in business, the community and church. He was a member of Root River Community Church in Rushford and a former member of Lower Coon Valley Church in Wisc., Emmanuel Lutheran Church in Kenyon and Highland Prairie Lutheran Church in rural Peterson. Survivors include two daughters, Ruth (Steven) Bendson of Minneapolis and Ann (Lee) Dumond of West Richland, Wash.; two sons, Daniel (Mary Jo) of Rushford and Steven (Kayce) of Missoula, Mont.; 11 grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and a sister, Rebecca Grimsrud of Westby. He was preceded in death by his wife, a brother and a sister. A memorial service for Arnold Everett Grimsrud was January 17, 2004 at the Good Shepherd Lutheran Home Chapel in Rushford, with the Revs. Les Nelson and Duane Agrimson co-officiating. Burial was in Highland Prairie Lutheran Cemetery in rural Peterson. Hoff Funeral Homes-Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.