"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, April 19th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:27:12, Apr 17th 2015 - science guy - To Kim Wentworth: Here's an idea Mr. Smart Alec. Take each of the sc ... [Read More]
- 5:57:59, Apr 17th 2015 - lol - And you all heard the mayor of this town didn't file to run again. He said he f ... [Read More]
- 5:47:24, Apr 17th 2015 - sosad - Well said regrets! Agree with you. If you didn't grow up here they treat u as ... [Read More]
- 7:53:38, Apr 15th 2015 - Listen up puppyboy - Whoever came up with that, that's good! If republicans were as d ... [Read More]
- 6:54:31, Apr 15th 2015 - Livin' the dream - Is it time for a group hug yet? ... [Read More]
- 4:05:24, Apr 15th 2015 - couldn't care less - Dogboy, you don't have the maturity of a man yet, so it's dogboy ... [Read More]
- 3:08:47, Apr 15th 2015 - Jeez - @Dogman Weird, you posted once that the president bailed out GM and Ford, ... [Read More]
- 1:10:08, Apr 15th 2015 - Dogman - You call yourself a left winger? Ha,Ha. You do a heck of a good job making ... [Read More]
- 4:41:42, Apr 14th 2015 - It's true - Vikefan please change your name if you keep commenting, it insults all us ... [Read More]
- 4:20:41, Apr 14th 2015 - oh boy - To Dogman and Vikefan: The garbage you two post is hilarious. Just listing ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 30th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Marjorie Eudora Hansen, 77, of rural Freeborn, formerly of Harmony, died of complications of cancer January 21, 2004 at Good Samaritan Center in Albert Lea.
Marjorie Benson was born Feb. 6, 1926, in Harmony to Merrill and Borghilde (Bjorge) Benson. She attended country school, graduated from Harmony High School in 1943, and attended teachers training at Preston High School in 1944, received her teaching degree from Winona State University. She taught third grade in the Virginia, Minn., area and after her marriage, was a substitute teacher at Freeborn Elementary School and at other schools in the area. On Aug. 20, 1960, she married James Hansen at Greenfield Lutheran Church in Harmony, and they farmed in the Freeborn area. Mrs. Hansen was a 4-H adviser for many years and was a member of the Freeborn Congregational United Church of Christ, where she served on a number of committees and was active in circle and Women's Fellowship. Survivors include her husband; two sons, Rick (Suzanne) of South St. Paul and Bob (Tonya) of Freeborn; two grandchildren; and a sister, Patricia (Milroy) Tollin of St. Charles. A brother preceded her in death. The funeral for Marjorie Eudora Hansen was January 24, 2004 at Congregational United Church of Christ in Freeborn, Minn, with the Rev. Cherie Daniel officiating. Burial was in Freeborn Cemetery. Bruss-Heitner Funeral Home in Wells, Minn., was in charge of arrangements.