"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, July 31st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:23:50, Jul 30th 2014 - Bear - So Eagle, let me get this straight... To save money on medical insurance prem ... [Read More]
- 7:19:30, Jul 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Wow- so you're still going to do your shopping in Iowa to save 50-c ... [Read More]
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 30th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Marjorie Eudora Hansen, 77, of rural Freeborn, formerly of Harmony, died of complications of cancer January 21, 2004 at Good Samaritan Center in Albert Lea.
Marjorie Benson was born Feb. 6, 1926, in Harmony to Merrill and Borghilde (Bjorge) Benson. She attended country school, graduated from Harmony High School in 1943, and attended teachers training at Preston High School in 1944, received her teaching degree from Winona State University. She taught third grade in the Virginia, Minn., area and after her marriage, was a substitute teacher at Freeborn Elementary School and at other schools in the area. On Aug. 20, 1960, she married James Hansen at Greenfield Lutheran Church in Harmony, and they farmed in the Freeborn area. Mrs. Hansen was a 4-H adviser for many years and was a member of the Freeborn Congregational United Church of Christ, where she served on a number of committees and was active in circle and Women's Fellowship. Survivors include her husband; two sons, Rick (Suzanne) of South St. Paul and Bob (Tonya) of Freeborn; two grandchildren; and a sister, Patricia (Milroy) Tollin of St. Charles. A brother preceded her in death. The funeral for Marjorie Eudora Hansen was January 24, 2004 at Congregational United Church of Christ in Freeborn, Minn, with the Rev. Cherie Daniel officiating. Burial was in Freeborn Cemetery. Bruss-Heitner Funeral Home in Wells, Minn., was in charge of arrangements.