"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, October 21st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:13:23, Oct 21st 2014 - truth - And I am sure you will be all for footing the bill to put a band-aid (10 mill ... [Read More]
- 12:21:32, Oct 21st 2014 - Anthony's Wood-Fired Pizza - Thank you for the article Karen! We did in fact find a ... [Read More]
- 11:15:26, Oct 21st 2014 - Let's hear them - I would like to know what Kim and mike suggest we do to address t ... [Read More]
- 9:49:05, Oct 21st 2014 - Tom Kaase-Fillmore County Commissioner, 1st District - I appreciate and recognize how ... [Read More]
- 9:33:44, Oct 21st 2014 - Hi - The Newell school district has 108 kids 9-12 and 361 kids pre-k through 12. No ... [Read More]
- 8:51:06, Oct 21st 2014 - apples/oranges - How can you use the dollar figure from your remodel at Newell as a g ... [Read More]
- 8:39:23, Oct 21st 2014 - truth - So if the referrendum fails then what are your plans? Are we going to try to ... [Read More]
- 8:27:06, Oct 21st 2014 - rippedoffinNewell - Newell, SD school district residents spent 2.8 million on a parti ... [Read More]
- 7:34:24, Oct 21st 2014 - concerned - You do know that the school is on a state highway right now don't you? Ho ... [Read More]
- 8:58:54, Oct 20th 2014 - Joel Hovland - Why do kids need a new school? Answer, they don’t! For the past 6 ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 30th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Marjorie Eudora Hansen, 77, of rural Freeborn, formerly of Harmony, died of complications of cancer January 21, 2004 at Good Samaritan Center in Albert Lea.
Marjorie Benson was born Feb. 6, 1926, in Harmony to Merrill and Borghilde (Bjorge) Benson. She attended country school, graduated from Harmony High School in 1943, and attended teachers training at Preston High School in 1944, received her teaching degree from Winona State University. She taught third grade in the Virginia, Minn., area and after her marriage, was a substitute teacher at Freeborn Elementary School and at other schools in the area. On Aug. 20, 1960, she married James Hansen at Greenfield Lutheran Church in Harmony, and they farmed in the Freeborn area. Mrs. Hansen was a 4-H adviser for many years and was a member of the Freeborn Congregational United Church of Christ, where she served on a number of committees and was active in circle and Women's Fellowship. Survivors include her husband; two sons, Rick (Suzanne) of South St. Paul and Bob (Tonya) of Freeborn; two grandchildren; and a sister, Patricia (Milroy) Tollin of St. Charles. A brother preceded her in death. The funeral for Marjorie Eudora Hansen was January 24, 2004 at Congregational United Church of Christ in Freeborn, Minn, with the Rev. Cherie Daniel officiating. Burial was in Freeborn Cemetery. Bruss-Heitner Funeral Home in Wells, Minn., was in charge of arrangements.