"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, July 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my vote👍 - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 30th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Marjorie Eudora Hansen, 77, of rural Freeborn, formerly of Harmony, died of complications of cancer January 21, 2004 at Good Samaritan Center in Albert Lea.
Marjorie Benson was born Feb. 6, 1926, in Harmony to Merrill and Borghilde (Bjorge) Benson. She attended country school, graduated from Harmony High School in 1943, and attended teachers training at Preston High School in 1944, received her teaching degree from Winona State University. She taught third grade in the Virginia, Minn., area and after her marriage, was a substitute teacher at Freeborn Elementary School and at other schools in the area. On Aug. 20, 1960, she married James Hansen at Greenfield Lutheran Church in Harmony, and they farmed in the Freeborn area. Mrs. Hansen was a 4-H adviser for many years and was a member of the Freeborn Congregational United Church of Christ, where she served on a number of committees and was active in circle and Women's Fellowship. Survivors include her husband; two sons, Rick (Suzanne) of South St. Paul and Bob (Tonya) of Freeborn; two grandchildren; and a sister, Patricia (Milroy) Tollin of St. Charles. A brother preceded her in death. The funeral for Marjorie Eudora Hansen was January 24, 2004 at Congregational United Church of Christ in Freeborn, Minn, with the Rev. Cherie Daniel officiating. Burial was in Freeborn Cemetery. Bruss-Heitner Funeral Home in Wells, Minn., was in charge of arrangements.