"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, August 29th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:03:45, Aug 28th 2015 - millerml - It's wonderful today to see wholesome farm kids raising animals and growin ... [Read More]
- 12:05:42, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - If Concerned is really concerned about public safety in Fountain, why d ... [Read More]
- 11:59:53, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - to the anonymous poster: There is no limit on how much I or anyone e ... [Read More]
- 10:12:49, Aug 28th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Very nice kids! Good work Mom and Dad. ... [Read More]
- 6:26:59, Aug 24th 2015 - Lmao - Doc........do u even know what that means? U better look it up! ... [Read More]
- 3:35:05, Aug 23rd 2015 - LOLZ - Everyone and their brother has a grey Impala. That's why they are about as int ... [Read More]
- 3:31:31, Aug 23rd 2015 - doc - Agree: Illiterate much? ... [Read More]
- 6:58:24, Aug 23rd 2015 - ? - Just put a lock on it, way cheaper! No brainer! ... [Read More]
- 8:43:20, Aug 21st 2015 - ecomom - Since Laura's father Charles died in 1902, I seriously doubt he helped build ... [Read More]
- 12:50:32, Aug 21st 2015 - Agree - Seen two girls go into school the other day with pants that looked like unde ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 20th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Eleanor G. Shattuck, 94, formerly of Lanesboro, died February 15, 2004 at St. Lucas Care Center in Faribault, where she had lived six years.
Eleanor G. Mindrum was born February 24, 1909, in rural Lanesboro and graduated from Lanesboro High School in 1928. She then moved to St. Paul to take nurses training and returned to Lanesboro after becoming ill. In November 1933, she married Glenn Shattuck in Lanesboro, and they farmed in the Highland area. Following her husband's death in 1940, she moved into Lanesboro and worked for Dr. Ralph Olson for 22 years. She then returned to school and received her licensed practical nursing degree in 1961. She was a member of Bethlehem Lutheran Church and its choir, sewing circle and WELCA. Survivors include a son, George (Shirley) of Greensboro, Ga.; a daughter, Beverly (Archie) Temple of Faribault; eight grandchildren; 16 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandson. Seven brothers and three sisters preceded her in death. The funeral for Eleanor G. Shattuck was February 19, 2004 at Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Lanesboro, with the Rev. Kerry Eversole officiating. Burial was in Lanesboro Cemetery. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.