"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, April 25th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:28:34, Apr 24th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - to science dude and rest of you liberal tatters: www.forbes.com/... ... [Read More]
- 12:50:38, Apr 21st 2015 - email@example.com - Thanks for the awesome tribute to the many firemen involved and ... [Read More]
- 8:36:39, Apr 21st 2015 - cheryl erickson mahaffay - Henrytown Lutheran Church has shaped me ll my life. I will ... [Read More]
- 2:39:36, Apr 20th 2015 - LOLZ - I do agree that "Just Say No" was about the lamest thing ever spoken by Frank ... [Read More]
- 12:12:47, Apr 20th 2015 - Sheriff Tom Kaase - Very well done! ... [Read More]
- 2:27:12, Apr 17th 2015 - science guy - To Kim Wentworth: Here's an idea Mr. Smart Alec. Take each of the sc ... [Read More]
- 5:57:59, Apr 17th 2015 - lol - And you all heard the mayor of this town didn't file to run again. He said he f ... [Read More]
- 5:47:24, Apr 17th 2015 - sosad - Well said regrets! Agree with you. If you didn't grow up here they treat u as ... [Read More]
- 7:53:38, Apr 15th 2015 - Listen up puppyboy - Whoever came up with that, that's good! If republicans were as d ... [Read More]
- 6:54:31, Apr 15th 2015 - Livin' the dream - Is it time for a group hug yet? ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 20th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Eleanor G. Shattuck, 94, formerly of Lanesboro, died February 15, 2004 at St. Lucas Care Center in Faribault, where she had lived six years.
Eleanor G. Mindrum was born February 24, 1909, in rural Lanesboro and graduated from Lanesboro High School in 1928. She then moved to St. Paul to take nurses training and returned to Lanesboro after becoming ill. In November 1933, she married Glenn Shattuck in Lanesboro, and they farmed in the Highland area. Following her husband's death in 1940, she moved into Lanesboro and worked for Dr. Ralph Olson for 22 years. She then returned to school and received her licensed practical nursing degree in 1961. She was a member of Bethlehem Lutheran Church and its choir, sewing circle and WELCA. Survivors include a son, George (Shirley) of Greensboro, Ga.; a daughter, Beverly (Archie) Temple of Faribault; eight grandchildren; 16 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandson. Seven brothers and three sisters preceded her in death. The funeral for Eleanor G. Shattuck was February 19, 2004 at Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Lanesboro, with the Rev. Kerry Eversole officiating. Burial was in Lanesboro Cemetery. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.