"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, July 24th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:18:31, Jul 22nd 2016 - SV85 - @left luvr I am amazed at your seeming inability (or refusal) to distinguis ... [Read More]
- 9:40:07, Jul 21st 2016 - left luvr - @sv85 Susan Coleman, Danny Cassoloro, John Wilson, Gandy Baugh, Calvin Wa ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Jul 21st 2016 - Herb - Jason, I feel your pain and disgust. I do this on a regular basis on a highwa ... [Read More]
- 7:26:36, Jul 21st 2016 - SV85 - @left luvr I can't tell you how disppointed I am in your response. In your f ... [Read More]
- 4:06:21, Jul 21st 2016 - left luvr - @sv85 Thank you for you response. I do use email at work that contains se ... [Read More]
- 3:50:03, Jul 21st 2016 - SV85 - @ Seriously This is only a guess, but I'm assuming Mr. Panko would say "yes" ... [Read More]
- 3:48:22, Jul 21st 2016 - SV85 - @ Seriously This is only a guess, but I'm assuming Mr. Panko would say "yes" ... [Read More]
- 3:34:34, Jul 21st 2016 - VikeFan1 - @Wentworth As usual your post contains only babble with no facts and no p ... [Read More]
- 3:19:02, Jul 21st 2016 - SV85 - @leftluvr and former left winger Before you weigh in on commentaries like th ... [Read More]
- 3:12:00, Jul 21st 2016 - seriously? - @herb, If you are correct and unbiased that would mean if Condoleezza Ri ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 27th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Marian A. Krockow, 99, one of Rushford's oldest residents, died Feb. 23, 2004, at the Good Shepherd Lutheran Home in Rushford.
She was born to Ernest and Mina (Tagland) Krockow on Sept. 17, 1904. She attended the Rushford Public School and was a graduate of the Rushford High School. She went on to Winona State Collage, graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in elementary education and did her post graduate work at the University of Minnesota and also from Northern Ill. at Dekalb. She taught in Spring Valley and Rushford schools and in Woodstock, Ill. for several years. During WWII she served with the Red Cross at Beaumont Hospital Center, at El Paso, TX and also at Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio, Texas. From Texas she moved back to Woodstock where she taught until her retirement. She then moved to Rushford where she was a part time teacher at Rushford School. She was a life long member of Rushford Lutheran Church, and its women's organizations and the former Tuesday morning bible study group. She also served on the church council and the historical committee of Rushford Lutheran Church, was a member of the Retired Teachers of Illinois, the Rushford Eastern Star Chapter 93 for over 50 years and the Rushford Area Historical Society. She was preceded in death by her parents, brother Donald and sister Ruth. A memorial service for Marian A. Krockow was Feb. 27, 2004, at Hoff Funeral Homes Rushford Chapel with the Rev. Roger Michaelson officiating. Burial was in the Rushford Lutheran Cemetery.