"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, August 31st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:03:45, Aug 28th 2015 - millerml - It's wonderful today to see wholesome farm kids raising animals and growin ... [Read More]
- 12:05:42, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - If Concerned is really concerned about public safety in Fountain, why d ... [Read More]
- 11:59:53, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - to the anonymous poster: There is no limit on how much I or anyone e ... [Read More]
- 10:12:49, Aug 28th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Very nice kids! Good work Mom and Dad. ... [Read More]
- 6:26:59, Aug 24th 2015 - Lmao - Doc........do u even know what that means? U better look it up! ... [Read More]
- 3:35:05, Aug 23rd 2015 - LOLZ - Everyone and their brother has a grey Impala. That's why they are about as int ... [Read More]
- 3:31:31, Aug 23rd 2015 - doc - Agree: Illiterate much? ... [Read More]
- 6:58:24, Aug 23rd 2015 - ? - Just put a lock on it, way cheaper! No brainer! ... [Read More]
- 8:43:20, Aug 21st 2015 - ecomom - Since Laura's father Charles died in 1902, I seriously doubt he helped build ... [Read More]
- 12:50:32, Aug 21st 2015 - Agree - Seen two girls go into school the other day with pants that looked like unde ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 27th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Pearl Jacobson, 90, of Chatfield, formerly of Grand Meadow, died Feb. 13, 2004 in Mesa, Ariz.
Pearl Tommerson was born March 18, 1913, in Grand Meadow and graduated from Grand Meadow High School in 1931. After attending Rochester Junior College and the Minnesota School of Business, she was a secretary for insurance agencies in Grand Meadow and Minneapolis. In 1937, she married Merle Jacobson of Grand Meadow and they farmed near Grand Meadow. After their retirement in 1972, they spent the winters in Mesa. She had lived in Chatfield since 1989. Mr. Jacobson died in 1991. She was an accomplished pianist, organist and accompanist and was organist at the Grand Meadow Lutheran Church for 25 years. Survivors include four sons, Thomas (Phyllis) of Spicer, Minn., Douglas (Priscilla) of Windom, Minn., Kenneth (Arlyne) of Chatfield and Russell (Karen) of Mesa; eight grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren. A brother and a sister preceded her in death. A memorial service for Pearl Jacobson was Feb.22, 2004 at the Chatfield Lutheran Church.