"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:11:29, Mar 3rd 2015 - doc - Apparently Harmony Telephone doesn't have billions in cash to spend on internet ... [Read More]
- 7:56:16, Mar 3rd 2015 - Bear - Why does the Journal even print this garbage? I would like to know the drugs t ... [Read More]
- 4:37:50, Mar 3rd 2015 - next - Now let's talk about the idiots who push there snow into the street. Even a 5th ... [Read More]
- 7:24:02, Mar 2nd 2015 - disappointed - I could work from home. But internet is not secure enough ... [Read More]
- 3:43:36, Mar 2nd 2015 - agreed - The cable and internet here is absolutely ridiculous. Harmony residents pay ... [Read More]
- 2:30:46, Mar 2nd 2015 - Be honest - Wood- That is true, but most people won't even spend that. Hopefully, th ... [Read More]
- 10:14:18, Mar 2nd 2015 - Wood - Be Honest, you can ask the Minnesota Information Policy Analysis Division (IPA ... [Read More]
- 6:41:46, Mar 2nd 2015 - gotoutofthere - If the residents would treat the new people with respect maybe they wo ... [Read More]
- 12:48:54, Mar 1st 2015 - Pursuing truth? - By pursuing truth, are you referring to the IRS scandal or the Hold ... [Read More]
- 12:25:29, Mar 1st 2015 - hum - How about something yo do for the youth! These kids have nothing to do in the s ... [Read More]
Do you feel we should give up on observing Punxsutawney Phil to predict the remaining length of winter?
Fri, Feb 27th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Mary Eleanor Gunderson, 90, died Feb. 24, 2004 at Sauer Memorial Home, Winona, MN.
She was born to John V. and Tillie A. (Peck) DeCou February 19, 1914 at Bloomfield Township, IA (east of Ossian). She graduated from Ossian High School in 1932 and attended college at Fayette, IA where she earned a teaching certificate. She taught country school in Iowa for one year. She married Ralph T. Gunderson of Calmar, IA November 2, 1935. They farmed at Ossian, IA, Hesper, IA and Mabel, MN. In 1963 they moved to Cresco, IA where they owned a small farm feed store and later retired in 1970. Survivors include two sons, Gerhardt Gunderson of Winona, and Herbert (Heide) Gunderson of Port Charlotte, Fla; two daughters, Maryann (David) Forsythe of Winona and Bette (Walter) Josephson of Rochester; 10 grandchildren; 20 great-grandchildren; two brothers, Donald (Anna Grace) DeCou of Decorah and Paul DeCou of Sioux Falls, SD; and one sister, Evelyn Underbakke of Mabel. She was preceded in death by her husband, Ralph, her parents and an infant brother. The funeral service for Mary Eleanor Gunderson was Feb. 27, 2004, at First Lutheran Church, Cresco, IA with the Rev. Gary Lee officiating. Burial was in Oak Lawn Cemetery, Cresco, IA. Lindstrom Funeral Home in Cresco, IA was in charge of arrangements.