"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, May 28th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:06:07, May 28th 2015 - Livin' the dream - Funny how people that actually left Harmony still expect everythin ... [Read More]
- 7:57:41, May 28th 2015 - KingslandGrad95 - expat, The housing incentives that Harmony offers is nothing ne ... [Read More]
- 7:48:14, May 28th 2015 - KingslandGrad95 - Play Nice, just ignore Col. Gudmundson. He has an opinion about ... [Read More]
- 7:37:34, May 28th 2015 - SV80 - Mr. Wentworth: It is simply impossible to have a discussion with you since yo ... [Read More]
- 6:23:55, May 28th 2015 - Play nice - I grew up in a large family. We never owned a house, we always rented. ... [Read More]
- 3:29:21, May 28th 2015 - expat - Hey I grew up in Harmony and whenever I return, I am stunned at how run down ... [Read More]
- 2:25:20, May 28th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @sv80- I had not had a chance to respond to your post but "shame on y ... [Read More]
- 12:13:43, May 28th 2015 - SV80 - Mr. Wentworth; Allow me to address each of your points one by one: 1. "c ... [Read More]
- 9:06:26, May 28th 2015 - Shame on you - To Kim Wentworth: Global warming is a farce. See what the Weather ... [Read More]
- 8:56:22, May 28th 2015 - Shame on you - TO SV80: Yes, you are right, law enforcement would force you off the ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 27th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Mary Eleanor Gunderson, 90, died Feb. 24, 2004 at Sauer Memorial Home, Winona, MN.
She was born to John V. and Tillie A. (Peck) DeCou February 19, 1914 at Bloomfield Township, IA (east of Ossian). She graduated from Ossian High School in 1932 and attended college at Fayette, IA where she earned a teaching certificate. She taught country school in Iowa for one year. She married Ralph T. Gunderson of Calmar, IA November 2, 1935. They farmed at Ossian, IA, Hesper, IA and Mabel, MN. In 1963 they moved to Cresco, IA where they owned a small farm feed store and later retired in 1970. Survivors include two sons, Gerhardt Gunderson of Winona, and Herbert (Heide) Gunderson of Port Charlotte, Fla; two daughters, Maryann (David) Forsythe of Winona and Bette (Walter) Josephson of Rochester; 10 grandchildren; 20 great-grandchildren; two brothers, Donald (Anna Grace) DeCou of Decorah and Paul DeCou of Sioux Falls, SD; and one sister, Evelyn Underbakke of Mabel. She was preceded in death by her husband, Ralph, her parents and an infant brother. The funeral service for Mary Eleanor Gunderson was Feb. 27, 2004, at First Lutheran Church, Cresco, IA with the Rev. Gary Lee officiating. Burial was in Oak Lawn Cemetery, Cresco, IA. Lindstrom Funeral Home in Cresco, IA was in charge of arrangements.