"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, August 28th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:12:49, Aug 28th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Very nice kids! Good work Mom and Dad. ... [Read More]
- 6:26:59, Aug 24th 2015 - Lmao - Doc........do u even know what that means? U better look it up! ... [Read More]
- 3:35:05, Aug 23rd 2015 - LOLZ - Everyone and their brother has a grey Impala. That's why they are about as int ... [Read More]
- 3:31:31, Aug 23rd 2015 - doc - Agree: Illiterate much? ... [Read More]
- 6:58:24, Aug 23rd 2015 - ? - Just put a lock on it, way cheaper! No brainer! ... [Read More]
- 8:43:20, Aug 21st 2015 - ecomom - Since Laura's father Charles died in 1902, I seriously doubt he helped build ... [Read More]
- 12:50:32, Aug 21st 2015 - Agree - Seen two girls go into school the other day with pants that looked like unde ... [Read More]
- 12:47:28, Aug 21st 2015 - - Remark 1976 seems to know about everything that posted in the journal. Lmfao...i ... [Read More]
- 10:14:08, Aug 21st 2015 - Remark1976 - Concerned, the Fountain police chief can only issue speeding ticket ... [Read More]
- 8:01:44, Aug 21st 2015 - Skeptical - I think the DNR doesn't tell us everything they're up to. I've heard th ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 27th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Mary Eleanor Gunderson, 90, died Feb. 24, 2004 at Sauer Memorial Home, Winona, MN.
She was born to John V. and Tillie A. (Peck) DeCou February 19, 1914 at Bloomfield Township, IA (east of Ossian). She graduated from Ossian High School in 1932 and attended college at Fayette, IA where she earned a teaching certificate. She taught country school in Iowa for one year. She married Ralph T. Gunderson of Calmar, IA November 2, 1935. They farmed at Ossian, IA, Hesper, IA and Mabel, MN. In 1963 they moved to Cresco, IA where they owned a small farm feed store and later retired in 1970. Survivors include two sons, Gerhardt Gunderson of Winona, and Herbert (Heide) Gunderson of Port Charlotte, Fla; two daughters, Maryann (David) Forsythe of Winona and Bette (Walter) Josephson of Rochester; 10 grandchildren; 20 great-grandchildren; two brothers, Donald (Anna Grace) DeCou of Decorah and Paul DeCou of Sioux Falls, SD; and one sister, Evelyn Underbakke of Mabel. She was preceded in death by her husband, Ralph, her parents and an infant brother. The funeral service for Mary Eleanor Gunderson was Feb. 27, 2004, at First Lutheran Church, Cresco, IA with the Rev. Gary Lee officiating. Burial was in Oak Lawn Cemetery, Cresco, IA. Lindstrom Funeral Home in Cresco, IA was in charge of arrangements.