"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, October 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:25:16, Oct 22nd 2014 - StopTheDeceptionJon - " IT HAS NEVER BEEN STATED THAT THIS AID WOULD BE APPLIED FOR A ... [Read More]
- 7:17:10, Oct 22nd 2014 - Mayo grad - But FC could not beat Mayo. Gooooo Mayo! ... [Read More]
- 11:07:16, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 11:06:26, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 9:51:26, Oct 21st 2014 - Anti-conspiracy - #5. RP schools has passed every audit with flying colors. #6. ... [Read More]
- 4:43:44, Oct 21st 2014 - omg - Maybe the several individuals that CAN afford and WANT the new school, should j ... [Read More]
- 2:54:11, Oct 21st 2014 - Vote NO - I don't understand the rationale behind spending $38M on a school for a dis ... [Read More]
- 1:51:24, Oct 21st 2014 - ivoteyes - Ms. Machutt, please do not speak on behalf of the entire community by sayi ... [Read More]
- 1:13:23, Oct 21st 2014 - truth - And I am sure you will be all for footing the bill to put a band-aid (10 mill ... [Read More]
- 12:21:32, Oct 21st 2014 - Anthony's Wood-Fired Pizza - Thank you for the article Karen! We did in fact find a ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 27th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Mary Eleanor Gunderson, 90, died Feb. 24, 2004 at Sauer Memorial Home, Winona, MN.
She was born to John V. and Tillie A. (Peck) DeCou February 19, 1914 at Bloomfield Township, IA (east of Ossian). She graduated from Ossian High School in 1932 and attended college at Fayette, IA where she earned a teaching certificate. She taught country school in Iowa for one year. She married Ralph T. Gunderson of Calmar, IA November 2, 1935. They farmed at Ossian, IA, Hesper, IA and Mabel, MN. In 1963 they moved to Cresco, IA where they owned a small farm feed store and later retired in 1970. Survivors include two sons, Gerhardt Gunderson of Winona, and Herbert (Heide) Gunderson of Port Charlotte, Fla; two daughters, Maryann (David) Forsythe of Winona and Bette (Walter) Josephson of Rochester; 10 grandchildren; 20 great-grandchildren; two brothers, Donald (Anna Grace) DeCou of Decorah and Paul DeCou of Sioux Falls, SD; and one sister, Evelyn Underbakke of Mabel. She was preceded in death by her husband, Ralph, her parents and an infant brother. The funeral service for Mary Eleanor Gunderson was Feb. 27, 2004, at First Lutheran Church, Cresco, IA with the Rev. Gary Lee officiating. Burial was in Oak Lawn Cemetery, Cresco, IA. Lindstrom Funeral Home in Cresco, IA was in charge of arrangements.