"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, October 1st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:05:33, Oct 1st 2014 - open enrolled out for lack of curriculm choices - Thank you for the quick response; i ... [Read More]
- 9:12:52, Sep 30th 2014 - Justthefacts - "open enrolled out" 1) WIth your username "open enrolled out" you ... [Read More]
- 6:24:43, Sep 30th 2014 - hawkeye62 - What we really need is a President with the will and experience to lead i ... [Read More]
- 9:49:34, Sep 29th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - PRETTY GOOD CHANCE THE ANIMALS ARE DEMOCRATS CROSSING THE ROAD TO SEE WH ... [Read More]
- 4:48:52, Sep 29th 2014 - open enrolled out - It is time for us to again listen to thoughts of passionate peopl ... [Read More]
- 9:28:02, Sep 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - The person's identity will be made known at the meeting. The perso ... [Read More]
- 3:11:22, Sep 28th 2014 - - Who is this person ... [Read More]
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - email@example.com - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 27th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Verna Erickson, 86, a lifelong Mabel-area resident, died Feb. 20, 2004 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
Verna Doris Elvira Hagen was born Feb. 14, 1918, in Tawney to Ernest and Dorothy Rise Hagen. She grew up there, attended Tawney School and graduated from Mabel High School in 1935. She lived within three miles of Tawney all her life. Her family operated a country store at Tawney. On Aug. 21, 1937, she married Vernon "Shim" Erickson at Scheie Lutheran Church. A lifelong member of Scheie Lutheran Church, she was active in ladies aid and Rebecca Circle, helped her husband with the financial secretary position and taught Sunday school. Mrs. Erickson was a strong supporter of the Mabel community and a member of the county Farm Bureau, Republican Party and Mabel Garden Club. Survivors include a daughter, Dorothy Marie (Rev. Bob) Stoskopf of Mabel; two granddaughters; five great-grandchildren; a sister, Marge (Arne) Engen; and a brother, Everett (Doris) Hagen. She was preceded in death by her husband. The funeral for Verna Erickson was Feb. 26, 2004 at Scheie Lutheran Church in rural Mabel, with the Rev. Mary Waudby officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.