"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, November 26th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:58:00, Nov 25th 2015 - James1952 - The word on the street is that the folks who own the land above the schoo ... [Read More]
- 10:17:32, Nov 25th 2015 - - Yes it does take money to operate schools and keep buildings open. If the high s ... [Read More]
- 9:09:47, Nov 25th 2015 - @Says - Bottom line... it takes money to operate & keep open school buildings. Yes, I ... [Read More]
- 7:57:56, Nov 25th 2015 - nature man - I think y'all are in denial. Atrazine in all your well, shallow aquifer ... [Read More]
- 10:20:12, Nov 24th 2015 - - It's about the money? What an ignorant comment. Is that what you teach your kid ... [Read More]
- 9:20:20, Nov 24th 2015 - reader - What an inspiring message! Thank you! ... [Read More]
- 8:07:37, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
- 8:02:03, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
- 6:09:45, Nov 24th 2015 - JustTheFacts - All of those funds have been triple audited, and by people who have a ... [Read More]
- 3:40:51, Nov 24th 2015 - James1952 - I can't find anywhere that Mr. Gudmundson was guilty of plagiarism. What ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 27th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Verna Erickson, 86, a lifelong Mabel-area resident, died Feb. 20, 2004 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
Verna Doris Elvira Hagen was born Feb. 14, 1918, in Tawney to Ernest and Dorothy Rise Hagen. She grew up there, attended Tawney School and graduated from Mabel High School in 1935. She lived within three miles of Tawney all her life. Her family operated a country store at Tawney. On Aug. 21, 1937, she married Vernon "Shim" Erickson at Scheie Lutheran Church. A lifelong member of Scheie Lutheran Church, she was active in ladies aid and Rebecca Circle, helped her husband with the financial secretary position and taught Sunday school. Mrs. Erickson was a strong supporter of the Mabel community and a member of the county Farm Bureau, Republican Party and Mabel Garden Club. Survivors include a daughter, Dorothy Marie (Rev. Bob) Stoskopf of Mabel; two granddaughters; five great-grandchildren; a sister, Marge (Arne) Engen; and a brother, Everett (Doris) Hagen. She was preceded in death by her husband. The funeral for Verna Erickson was Feb. 26, 2004 at Scheie Lutheran Church in rural Mabel, with the Rev. Mary Waudby officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.