"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, March 1st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:48:54, Mar 1st 2015 - Pursuing truth? - By pursuing truth, are you referring to the IRS scandal or the Hold ... [Read More]
- 12:25:29, Mar 1st 2015 - hum - How about something yo do for the youth! These kids have nothing to do in the s ... [Read More]
- 12:16:31, Mar 1st 2015 - Be honest - This is happening more and more in small towns. Attorney's are telling t ... [Read More]
- 10:52:21, Mar 1st 2015 - doc - Amen! BIG ISSUE ... [Read More]
- 10:13:47, Mar 1st 2015 - hawkeye63 - As usual, Yvonne wants to treat the symptoms rather than address the caus ... [Read More]
- 10:07:03, Mar 1st 2015 - Wood - The City of Peterson's attorney is Dick Nethercut. ... [Read More]
- 9:40:54, Feb 27th 2015 - Wood - The City of Peterson's attorney is Dick Nethercut. ... [Read More]
- 4:55:27, Feb 27th 2015 - oh wow - Really people. Having a fit about Kwik Trip and a beer license? Get a lif ... [Read More]
- 3:15:26, Feb 27th 2015 - Who? - Who is the attorney? This sounds familiar of another small town not to far aw ... [Read More]
- 3:09:41, Feb 27th 2015 - What? - "He has been sustained through the huge challenges of the last six years by h ... [Read More]
Do you feel we should give up on observing Punxsutawney Phil to predict the remaining length of winter?
Fri, Feb 27th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Verna Erickson, 86, a lifelong Mabel-area resident, died Feb. 20, 2004 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
Verna Doris Elvira Hagen was born Feb. 14, 1918, in Tawney to Ernest and Dorothy Rise Hagen. She grew up there, attended Tawney School and graduated from Mabel High School in 1935. She lived within three miles of Tawney all her life. Her family operated a country store at Tawney. On Aug. 21, 1937, she married Vernon "Shim" Erickson at Scheie Lutheran Church. A lifelong member of Scheie Lutheran Church, she was active in ladies aid and Rebecca Circle, helped her husband with the financial secretary position and taught Sunday school. Mrs. Erickson was a strong supporter of the Mabel community and a member of the county Farm Bureau, Republican Party and Mabel Garden Club. Survivors include a daughter, Dorothy Marie (Rev. Bob) Stoskopf of Mabel; two granddaughters; five great-grandchildren; a sister, Marge (Arne) Engen; and a brother, Everett (Doris) Hagen. She was preceded in death by her husband. The funeral for Verna Erickson was Feb. 26, 2004 at Scheie Lutheran Church in rural Mabel, with the Rev. Mary Waudby officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.