"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, August 4th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:27:13, Aug 4th 2015 - - Yup. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander. and why pick Preston, why not ... [Read More]
- 7:36:35, Aug 3rd 2015 - Aspy - Talk about a council full of dumba**es! ... [Read More]
- 1:25:55, Aug 3rd 2015 - kim wentworth - couple of thoughts briefly-1) the point of where someone originates fr ... [Read More]
- 9:43:29, Aug 1st 2015 - concerned - Wow...common sense did not prevail here. Please ask the City of Peterson ... [Read More]
- 8:31:54, Aug 1st 2015 - Remark1976 - The summer food program isn't new and Fillmore Central has been serving t ... [Read More]
- 9:47:41, Aug 1st 2015 - - That's a great idea. I will do that ... [Read More]
- 5:20:37, Aug 1st 2015 - Bob Burkholder - Guns are not the problem. It is the lack of moral fiber in our societ ... [Read More]
- 6:08:40, Jul 31st 2015 - what? - Gary livingood....lol...U need to check the guy he lives with. Drugs! ... [Read More]
- 6:05:47, Jul 31st 2015 - Haha - Get the girl bully off the FC teams. ... [Read More]
- 12:21:49, Jul 29th 2015 - Wykoff Resident - PLEASE stop behaving like children. This is directed to the counc ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 27th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Verna Erickson, 86, a lifelong Mabel-area resident, died Feb. 20, 2004 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
Verna Doris Elvira Hagen was born Feb. 14, 1918, in Tawney to Ernest and Dorothy Rise Hagen. She grew up there, attended Tawney School and graduated from Mabel High School in 1935. She lived within three miles of Tawney all her life. Her family operated a country store at Tawney. On Aug. 21, 1937, she married Vernon "Shim" Erickson at Scheie Lutheran Church. A lifelong member of Scheie Lutheran Church, she was active in ladies aid and Rebecca Circle, helped her husband with the financial secretary position and taught Sunday school. Mrs. Erickson was a strong supporter of the Mabel community and a member of the county Farm Bureau, Republican Party and Mabel Garden Club. Survivors include a daughter, Dorothy Marie (Rev. Bob) Stoskopf of Mabel; two granddaughters; five great-grandchildren; a sister, Marge (Arne) Engen; and a brother, Everett (Doris) Hagen. She was preceded in death by her husband. The funeral for Verna Erickson was Feb. 26, 2004 at Scheie Lutheran Church in rural Mabel, with the Rev. Mary Waudby officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.