"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 16th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
- 10:07:39, Sep 10th 2014 - Gussie - Well put. If people only knew what went on at the Fillmore County Sheriff's ... [Read More]
- 10:07:20, Sep 8th 2014 - ostranderite - Mayor Nessler owns 1 of the 3 businesses in Ostrander that has a liquo ... [Read More]
- 7:37:46, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, was that comment really needed? Just because I said that same t ... [Read More]
- 3:39:25, Sep 6th 2014 - doc - Sounds like a young republican. ... [Read More]
- 9:54:10, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - youwho, I couldn't agree with you more. There are people out there ... [Read More]
- 7:17:52, Sep 6th 2014 - youwho - Which would make him 15 on June 1st, 2014. The correct age to play 15U for t ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 27th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Verna Erickson, 86, a lifelong Mabel-area resident, died Feb. 20, 2004 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
Verna Doris Elvira Hagen was born Feb. 14, 1918, in Tawney to Ernest and Dorothy Rise Hagen. She grew up there, attended Tawney School and graduated from Mabel High School in 1935. She lived within three miles of Tawney all her life. Her family operated a country store at Tawney. On Aug. 21, 1937, she married Vernon "Shim" Erickson at Scheie Lutheran Church. A lifelong member of Scheie Lutheran Church, she was active in ladies aid and Rebecca Circle, helped her husband with the financial secretary position and taught Sunday school. Mrs. Erickson was a strong supporter of the Mabel community and a member of the county Farm Bureau, Republican Party and Mabel Garden Club. Survivors include a daughter, Dorothy Marie (Rev. Bob) Stoskopf of Mabel; two granddaughters; five great-grandchildren; a sister, Marge (Arne) Engen; and a brother, Everett (Doris) Hagen. She was preceded in death by her husband. The funeral for Verna Erickson was Feb. 26, 2004 at Scheie Lutheran Church in rural Mabel, with the Rev. Mary Waudby officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.