"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, October 21st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:58:54, Oct 20th 2014 - Joel Hovland - Why do kids need a new school? Answer, they don’t! For the past 6 ... [Read More]
- 6:45:12, Oct 20th 2014 - olliesemn - Thank you mayor for defending the ruling minority,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Not ... [Read More]
- 2:15:32, Oct 20th 2014 - curiosity... - Just out of curiosity for what reason is it that you believe Mr. Kaase ... [Read More]
- 10:10:04, Oct 20th 2014 - Facts - We are voting on a complete package this time. The last vote was a chopped ... [Read More]
- 9:37:50, Oct 20th 2014 - truth - "I say they should respect the wishes of the voters as they were clearly told ... [Read More]
- 9:22:29, Oct 20th 2014 - truth - "R-P administration and the “Vote Yes” group say we should show respect f ... [Read More]
- 5:58:02, Oct 19th 2014 - - F.Y.I--Passed, not pasted ... [Read More]
- 4:32:49, Oct 19th 2014 - RFDVOLUNTEER - To "the truth hurts and "loud interruption" I am for the school, but ... [Read More]
- 4:19:23, Oct 19th 2014 - Facts - Read these commentaries and then actually call the district and get the true ... [Read More]
- 4:11:10, Oct 19th 2014 - RFDVOLUNTEER - To "the truth hurts and "loud interruption" I am for the school, but ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 5th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Esther J. Matson, 81, of Preston, died Feb. 25, 2004 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield.
Esther Jane Barber was born Sept. 23, 1922, in Preston Township, Fillmore County, the daughter of Charles H. and Anna (Matson) Barber. She lived in the area all her life. On Dec. 20, 1945, she married Leland S. Matson in Lanesboro. She was a member of Christ Lutheran Church and its WELCA, served on the Fillmore County Handicap Services Advisory Board, served as president of the Preston American Legion and was a member of the Preston VFW Auxiliary. She had been voted Fillmore County Senior Citizen of the Year. Survivors include her husband, of Chatfield; six daughters, Linda (Vance) Knutson of Manchester, Iowa, Patricia (Harry) Dinsen of Colorado Springs, Colo., Carol (Dale) Hanson of Chatfield, Bonnie Matson (Eric Swanson) of Minneapolis, Gloria Matson of Preston and Lisa Matson of Harmony; two sons, Robert (Glenda) of Williston, N.D., and Keith (Jan) of Deer River, Minn.; a number of grandchildren and great-grandchildren; and five sisters, Clara Knutson and Mary Waller, both of Preston, Juliette Egge of Lanesboro, Nina McDonald of Rushford and Bernice Smith of Peculiar, Mo. She was preceded in death by a son, a daughter, three grandchildren, a brother and three sisters. The funeral for Esther J. Matson was Feb. 28, 2004 at Christ Lutheran Church in Preston, with the Revs. James Rushton and Jennifer Graf officiating. Burial was in Crown Hill Cemetery in Preston. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.