"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, March 4th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:39:18, Mar 4th 2015 - disappointed - DOC.....WHY DO U THINK I WORK AT MAYO? BELIEVE ME WHEN MY CHILD GRADUAT ... [Read More]
- 11:11:29, Mar 3rd 2015 - doc - Apparently Harmony Telephone doesn't have billions in cash to spend on internet ... [Read More]
- 7:56:16, Mar 3rd 2015 - Bear - Why does the Journal even print this garbage? I would like to know the drugs t ... [Read More]
- 4:37:50, Mar 3rd 2015 - next - Now let's talk about the idiots who push there snow into the street. Even a 5th ... [Read More]
- 7:24:02, Mar 2nd 2015 - disappointed - I could work from home. But internet is not secure enough ... [Read More]
- 3:43:36, Mar 2nd 2015 - agreed - The cable and internet here is absolutely ridiculous. Harmony residents pay ... [Read More]
- 2:30:46, Mar 2nd 2015 - Be honest - Wood- That is true, but most people won't even spend that. Hopefully, th ... [Read More]
- 10:14:18, Mar 2nd 2015 - Wood - Be Honest, you can ask the Minnesota Information Policy Analysis Division (IPA ... [Read More]
- 6:41:46, Mar 2nd 2015 - gotoutofthere - If the residents would treat the new people with respect maybe they wo ... [Read More]
- 12:48:54, Mar 1st 2015 - Pursuing truth? - By pursuing truth, are you referring to the IRS scandal or the Hold ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 5th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Esther J. Matson, 81, of Preston, died Feb. 25, 2004 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield.
Esther Jane Barber was born Sept. 23, 1922, in Preston Township, Fillmore County, the daughter of Charles H. and Anna (Matson) Barber. She lived in the area all her life. On Dec. 20, 1945, she married Leland S. Matson in Lanesboro. She was a member of Christ Lutheran Church and its WELCA, served on the Fillmore County Handicap Services Advisory Board, served as president of the Preston American Legion and was a member of the Preston VFW Auxiliary. She had been voted Fillmore County Senior Citizen of the Year. Survivors include her husband, of Chatfield; six daughters, Linda (Vance) Knutson of Manchester, Iowa, Patricia (Harry) Dinsen of Colorado Springs, Colo., Carol (Dale) Hanson of Chatfield, Bonnie Matson (Eric Swanson) of Minneapolis, Gloria Matson of Preston and Lisa Matson of Harmony; two sons, Robert (Glenda) of Williston, N.D., and Keith (Jan) of Deer River, Minn.; a number of grandchildren and great-grandchildren; and five sisters, Clara Knutson and Mary Waller, both of Preston, Juliette Egge of Lanesboro, Nina McDonald of Rushford and Bernice Smith of Peculiar, Mo. She was preceded in death by a son, a daughter, three grandchildren, a brother and three sisters. The funeral for Esther J. Matson was Feb. 28, 2004 at Christ Lutheran Church in Preston, with the Revs. James Rushton and Jennifer Graf officiating. Burial was in Crown Hill Cemetery in Preston. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.