"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, April 1st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:21:04, Mar 31st 2015 - doc - Not to mention ignoring science yet believing in fairy tales. ... [Read More]
- 12:16:25, Mar 31st 2015 - Vikefan 1 - To Left Winger: You choose to call what Reagan and Bush did as "tweak ... [Read More]
- 9:53:03, Mar 31st 2015 - left winger - vikefan please get you facts straight, What Regan did was a technical c ... [Read More]
- 2:52:28, Mar 30th 2015 - Typical - Vikefan, The main difference between me an you is I have my own opinion. ... [Read More]
- 11:09:25, Mar 30th 2015 - vikefan 1 - To Typical Obama violating protocol by using executive actions? Do you ... [Read More]
- 8:26:07, Mar 30th 2015 - Typical - "To bypass the President of the United States and invite the leader of a f ... [Read More]
- 6:05:13, Mar 28th 2015 - Fillmore mom - I really enjoyed this article, too bad others used it as their persona ... [Read More]
- 12:29:12, Mar 28th 2015 - vikefan 1 - To Thanks! About blindly following Obama and his governing policies, yo ... [Read More]
- 5:23:52, Mar 27th 2015 - Jimbo79 - Sure, small towns have overlapping news. It seems odd that one should foll ... [Read More]
- 5:18:28, Mar 27th 2015 - FountainFarmer - johnqpublic, To expand on my previous post:,Let me ask you a que ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 5th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Esther J. Matson, 81, of Preston, died Feb. 25, 2004 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield.
Esther Jane Barber was born Sept. 23, 1922, in Preston Township, Fillmore County, the daughter of Charles H. and Anna (Matson) Barber. She lived in the area all her life. On Dec. 20, 1945, she married Leland S. Matson in Lanesboro. She was a member of Christ Lutheran Church and its WELCA, served on the Fillmore County Handicap Services Advisory Board, served as president of the Preston American Legion and was a member of the Preston VFW Auxiliary. She had been voted Fillmore County Senior Citizen of the Year. Survivors include her husband, of Chatfield; six daughters, Linda (Vance) Knutson of Manchester, Iowa, Patricia (Harry) Dinsen of Colorado Springs, Colo., Carol (Dale) Hanson of Chatfield, Bonnie Matson (Eric Swanson) of Minneapolis, Gloria Matson of Preston and Lisa Matson of Harmony; two sons, Robert (Glenda) of Williston, N.D., and Keith (Jan) of Deer River, Minn.; a number of grandchildren and great-grandchildren; and five sisters, Clara Knutson and Mary Waller, both of Preston, Juliette Egge of Lanesboro, Nina McDonald of Rushford and Bernice Smith of Peculiar, Mo. She was preceded in death by a son, a daughter, three grandchildren, a brother and three sisters. The funeral for Esther J. Matson was Feb. 28, 2004 at Christ Lutheran Church in Preston, with the Revs. James Rushton and Jennifer Graf officiating. Burial was in Crown Hill Cemetery in Preston. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.