"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, July 25th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:55:11, Jul 24th 2016 - oof dah - Here we go again in Peterson, don't they know any better! It looks like s ... [Read More]
- 9:14:30, Jul 23rd 2016 - left luvr - @sv85 This discussion was never about my bias, it was about yours, which ... [Read More]
- 1:23:08, Jul 23rd 2016 - Stan Gudmundson - Hillary nearly committed or actually did commit treason. I've had ... [Read More]
- 9:45:34, Jul 22nd 2016 - left luvr - You seem to be missing the point of this discussion, you are not as unbia ... [Read More]
- 12:18:31, Jul 22nd 2016 - SV85 - @left luvr I am amazed at your seeming inability (or refusal) to distinguis ... [Read More]
- 9:40:07, Jul 21st 2016 - left luvr - @sv85 Susan Coleman, Danny Cassoloro, John Wilson, Gandy Baugh, Calvin Wa ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Jul 21st 2016 - Herb - Jason, I feel your pain and disgust. I do this on a regular basis on a highwa ... [Read More]
- 7:26:36, Jul 21st 2016 - SV85 - @left luvr I can't tell you how disppointed I am in your response. In your f ... [Read More]
- 4:06:21, Jul 21st 2016 - left luvr - @sv85 Thank you for you response. I do use email at work that contains se ... [Read More]
- 3:50:03, Jul 21st 2016 - SV85 - @ Seriously This is only a guess, but I'm assuming Mr. Panko would say "yes" ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 5th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Esther J. Matson, 81, of Preston, died Feb. 25, 2004 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield.
Esther Jane Barber was born Sept. 23, 1922, in Preston Township, Fillmore County, the daughter of Charles H. and Anna (Matson) Barber. She lived in the area all her life. On Dec. 20, 1945, she married Leland S. Matson in Lanesboro. She was a member of Christ Lutheran Church and its WELCA, served on the Fillmore County Handicap Services Advisory Board, served as president of the Preston American Legion and was a member of the Preston VFW Auxiliary. She had been voted Fillmore County Senior Citizen of the Year. Survivors include her husband, of Chatfield; six daughters, Linda (Vance) Knutson of Manchester, Iowa, Patricia (Harry) Dinsen of Colorado Springs, Colo., Carol (Dale) Hanson of Chatfield, Bonnie Matson (Eric Swanson) of Minneapolis, Gloria Matson of Preston and Lisa Matson of Harmony; two sons, Robert (Glenda) of Williston, N.D., and Keith (Jan) of Deer River, Minn.; a number of grandchildren and great-grandchildren; and five sisters, Clara Knutson and Mary Waller, both of Preston, Juliette Egge of Lanesboro, Nina McDonald of Rushford and Bernice Smith of Peculiar, Mo. She was preceded in death by a son, a daughter, three grandchildren, a brother and three sisters. The funeral for Esther J. Matson was Feb. 28, 2004 at Christ Lutheran Church in Preston, with the Revs. James Rushton and Jennifer Graf officiating. Burial was in Crown Hill Cemetery in Preston. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.