"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, October 6th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:58:41, Oct 6th 2015 - - Why don't you run for school board, SomethingNeedsToBeDone? Write-in candidates we ... [Read More]
- 2:05:39, Oct 5th 2015 - Paul - The Quaran does not tell Muslims to kill non-muslims. In fact it says Muslims a ... [Read More]
- 1:01:48, Oct 5th 2015 - GoldenRule - Let us be mindful of the Golden Rule and how we treat others. Be careful ... [Read More]
- 11:32:26, Oct 5th 2015 - SomethingNeedsToBeDone - Are people blind?? How can they continue to use a facility ... [Read More]
- 11:23:54, Oct 5th 2015 - James1952 - Pig poker- what did you crybaby vote yes losers do both times you lost th ... [Read More]
- 10:51:29, Oct 5th 2015 - Pig poker - We all know why Jon Peterson doesn't want the school, he's mad because he ... [Read More]
- 10:37:45, Oct 5th 2015 - - Mr. Cerling(and many others), Let me start by admitting that I am beneath you in ... [Read More]
- 7:33:17, Oct 4th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Talk about drinking the Liberal Kool-Aid, WOW! WOW! WOW! Obama not a Mus ... [Read More]
- 4:42:50, Oct 4th 2015 - Claudia Larson - What they passed was not Comprehensive Immigration as there wasn't on ... [Read More]
- 5:19:12, Oct 4th 2015 - Commonsense - And people on bikes, moterized scooters need to stay off the sidewalks ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 5th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Esther J. Matson, 81, of Preston, died Feb. 25, 2004 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield.
Esther Jane Barber was born Sept. 23, 1922, in Preston Township, Fillmore County, the daughter of Charles H. and Anna (Matson) Barber. She lived in the area all her life. On Dec. 20, 1945, she married Leland S. Matson in Lanesboro. She was a member of Christ Lutheran Church and its WELCA, served on the Fillmore County Handicap Services Advisory Board, served as president of the Preston American Legion and was a member of the Preston VFW Auxiliary. She had been voted Fillmore County Senior Citizen of the Year. Survivors include her husband, of Chatfield; six daughters, Linda (Vance) Knutson of Manchester, Iowa, Patricia (Harry) Dinsen of Colorado Springs, Colo., Carol (Dale) Hanson of Chatfield, Bonnie Matson (Eric Swanson) of Minneapolis, Gloria Matson of Preston and Lisa Matson of Harmony; two sons, Robert (Glenda) of Williston, N.D., and Keith (Jan) of Deer River, Minn.; a number of grandchildren and great-grandchildren; and five sisters, Clara Knutson and Mary Waller, both of Preston, Juliette Egge of Lanesboro, Nina McDonald of Rushford and Bernice Smith of Peculiar, Mo. She was preceded in death by a son, a daughter, three grandchildren, a brother and three sisters. The funeral for Esther J. Matson was Feb. 28, 2004 at Christ Lutheran Church in Preston, with the Revs. James Rushton and Jennifer Graf officiating. Burial was in Crown Hill Cemetery in Preston. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.