"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, October 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
- 9:18:55, Oct 22nd 2014 - R-P fan - This referendum thing has divided the community. Let's change the subject. ... [Read More]
- 9:25:16, Oct 22nd 2014 - StopTheDeceptionJon - " IT HAS NEVER BEEN STATED THAT THIS AID WOULD BE APPLIED FOR A ... [Read More]
- 7:17:10, Oct 22nd 2014 - Mayo grad - But FC could not beat Mayo. Gooooo Mayo! ... [Read More]
- 11:07:16, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 11:06:26, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 9:51:26, Oct 21st 2014 - Anti-conspiracy - #5. RP schools has passed every audit with flying colors. #6. ... [Read More]
- 4:43:44, Oct 21st 2014 - omg - Maybe the several individuals that CAN afford and WANT the new school, should j ... [Read More]
- 2:54:11, Oct 21st 2014 - Vote NO - I don't understand the rationale behind spending $38M on a school for a dis ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 19th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Gusta J. Highum, 92, of Rushford, died March 12, 2004 at Good Shepherd Lutheran Home in Rushford.
Gusta Bratland was born Oct. 3, 1911, in Rushford to John and Ida (Laumb) Bratland. She grew up in Rushford and graduated from Rushford High School. On Feb. 26, 1931, she married Arthur Highum in Rushford. She was head cook for Rushford schools for many years and also worked at the Rushford bakery. She lived in her home until 10 months ago, when she moved to the nursing home. She was a member of Rushford Lutheran Church and the ladies aid there. Mrs. Highum is survived by three daughters, Ione (Myron) Olson of Bloomington, Minn., Eileen (Orley) Koljord of Lanesboro and Audrey (Sam) Sands of Mission Viejo, Calif.; eight grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her husband, two sisters and a brother. The funeral for Gusta J. Highum was March 15, 2004 at Rushford Lutheran Church. Burial was in Rushford Lutheran Cemetery. Hoff Funeral Homes Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.