"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, August 2nd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:43:29, Aug 1st 2015 - concerned - Wow...common sense did not prevail here. Please ask the City of Peterson ... [Read More]
- 8:31:54, Aug 1st 2015 - Remark1976 - The summer food program isn't new and Fillmore Central has been serving t ... [Read More]
- 9:47:41, Aug 1st 2015 - - That's a great idea. I will do that ... [Read More]
- 5:20:37, Aug 1st 2015 - Bob Burkholder - Guns are not the problem. It is the lack of moral fiber in our societ ... [Read More]
- 6:08:40, Jul 31st 2015 - what? - Gary livingood....lol...U need to check the guy he lives with. Drugs! ... [Read More]
- 6:05:47, Jul 31st 2015 - Haha - Get the girl bully off the FC teams. ... [Read More]
- 12:21:49, Jul 29th 2015 - Wykoff Resident - PLEASE stop behaving like children. This is directed to the counc ... [Read More]
- 6:30:33, Jul 28th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - 999 OUT OF 1,00 TIMES I USUALLY DISAGREE OR FIND FAULT WITH YOUR COMMENT ... [Read More]
- 8:53:21, Jul 28th 2015 - CARON - I wish I would have known Jeanie. I've thought of you and Janet often over t ... [Read More]
- 12:01:31, Jul 27th 2015 - What - "Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the Unit ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 19th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Gusta J. Highum, 92, of Rushford, died March 12, 2004 at Good Shepherd Lutheran Home in Rushford.
Gusta Bratland was born Oct. 3, 1911, in Rushford to John and Ida (Laumb) Bratland. She grew up in Rushford and graduated from Rushford High School. On Feb. 26, 1931, she married Arthur Highum in Rushford. She was head cook for Rushford schools for many years and also worked at the Rushford bakery. She lived in her home until 10 months ago, when she moved to the nursing home. She was a member of Rushford Lutheran Church and the ladies aid there. Mrs. Highum is survived by three daughters, Ione (Myron) Olson of Bloomington, Minn., Eileen (Orley) Koljord of Lanesboro and Audrey (Sam) Sands of Mission Viejo, Calif.; eight grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her husband, two sisters and a brother. The funeral for Gusta J. Highum was March 15, 2004 at Rushford Lutheran Church. Burial was in Rushford Lutheran Cemetery. Hoff Funeral Homes Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.