"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, April 26th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:13:40, Apr 26th 2015 - hawkeye63 - I think this is a little hysterical given this sand has been widely used ... [Read More]
- 10:59:21, Apr 26th 2015 - hawkeye63 - Mr. Panko, a few facts to interject: 1] There is no lack of state and f ... [Read More]
- 10:21:24, Apr 25th 2015 - ScienceMan - Mr. Earley, please listen to how illogical your opposition is to Mr. Re ... [Read More]
- 8:18:02, Apr 25th 2015 - doc - It sure is a never ending source of amusement for me to read the right wingers' ... [Read More]
- 12:28:34, Apr 24th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - to science dude and rest of you liberal tatters: www.forbes.com/... ... [Read More]
- 12:50:38, Apr 21st 2015 - email@example.com - Thanks for the awesome tribute to the many firemen involved and ... [Read More]
- 8:36:39, Apr 21st 2015 - cheryl erickson mahaffay - Henrytown Lutheran Church has shaped me ll my life. I will ... [Read More]
- 2:39:36, Apr 20th 2015 - LOLZ - I do agree that "Just Say No" was about the lamest thing ever spoken by Frank ... [Read More]
- 12:12:47, Apr 20th 2015 - Sheriff Tom Kaase - Very well done! ... [Read More]
- 2:27:12, Apr 17th 2015 - science guy - To Kim Wentworth: Here's an idea Mr. Smart Alec. Take each of the sc ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 19th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Gusta J. Highum, 92, of Rushford, died March 12, 2004 at Good Shepherd Lutheran Home in Rushford.
Gusta Bratland was born Oct. 3, 1911, in Rushford to John and Ida (Laumb) Bratland. She grew up in Rushford and graduated from Rushford High School. On Feb. 26, 1931, she married Arthur Highum in Rushford. She was head cook for Rushford schools for many years and also worked at the Rushford bakery. She lived in her home until 10 months ago, when she moved to the nursing home. She was a member of Rushford Lutheran Church and the ladies aid there. Mrs. Highum is survived by three daughters, Ione (Myron) Olson of Bloomington, Minn., Eileen (Orley) Koljord of Lanesboro and Audrey (Sam) Sands of Mission Viejo, Calif.; eight grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her husband, two sisters and a brother. The funeral for Gusta J. Highum was March 15, 2004 at Rushford Lutheran Church. Burial was in Rushford Lutheran Cemetery. Hoff Funeral Homes Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.