"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, October 20th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:58:02, Oct 19th 2014 - - F.Y.I--Passed, not pasted ... [Read More]
- 4:32:49, Oct 19th 2014 - RFDVOLUNTEER - To "the truth hurts and "loud interruption" I am for the school, but ... [Read More]
- 4:19:23, Oct 19th 2014 - Facts - Read these commentaries and then actually call the district and get the true ... [Read More]
- 4:11:10, Oct 19th 2014 - RFDVOLUNTEER - To "the truth hurts and "loud interruption" I am for the school, but ... [Read More]
- 9:46:48, Oct 19th 2014 - greatquestion - You ask a very good question. Mr. Ehler or Board Chair Mr. Linder wo ... [Read More]
- 11:22:49, Oct 18th 2014 - agree - Fact says has a great point. Money is at the root of the problems in high sc ... [Read More]
- 5:24:15, Oct 17th 2014 - FC concern - To FC Nobody: Just means you have smart bullies. Take your blinders of ... [Read More]
- 7:09:36, Oct 17th 2014 - - There was no flood water in the Rushford school . ... [Read More]
- 7:02:40, Oct 17th 2014 - fact - This is a great place to voice your opinion! Going to a school board will not ... [Read More]
- 6:56:33, Oct 17th 2014 - - This is a great place to voice your opinion! Going to a school board will not help ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 19th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Gusta J. Highum, 92, of Rushford, died March 12, 2004 at Good Shepherd Lutheran Home in Rushford.
Gusta Bratland was born Oct. 3, 1911, in Rushford to John and Ida (Laumb) Bratland. She grew up in Rushford and graduated from Rushford High School. On Feb. 26, 1931, she married Arthur Highum in Rushford. She was head cook for Rushford schools for many years and also worked at the Rushford bakery. She lived in her home until 10 months ago, when she moved to the nursing home. She was a member of Rushford Lutheran Church and the ladies aid there. Mrs. Highum is survived by three daughters, Ione (Myron) Olson of Bloomington, Minn., Eileen (Orley) Koljord of Lanesboro and Audrey (Sam) Sands of Mission Viejo, Calif.; eight grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her husband, two sisters and a brother. The funeral for Gusta J. Highum was March 15, 2004 at Rushford Lutheran Church. Burial was in Rushford Lutheran Cemetery. Hoff Funeral Homes Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.