"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, August 31st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:03:45, Aug 28th 2015 - millerml - It's wonderful today to see wholesome farm kids raising animals and growin ... [Read More]
- 12:05:42, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - If Concerned is really concerned about public safety in Fountain, why d ... [Read More]
- 11:59:53, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - to the anonymous poster: There is no limit on how much I or anyone e ... [Read More]
- 10:12:49, Aug 28th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Very nice kids! Good work Mom and Dad. ... [Read More]
- 6:26:59, Aug 24th 2015 - Lmao - Doc........do u even know what that means? U better look it up! ... [Read More]
- 3:35:05, Aug 23rd 2015 - LOLZ - Everyone and their brother has a grey Impala. That's why they are about as int ... [Read More]
- 3:31:31, Aug 23rd 2015 - doc - Agree: Illiterate much? ... [Read More]
- 6:58:24, Aug 23rd 2015 - ? - Just put a lock on it, way cheaper! No brainer! ... [Read More]
- 8:43:20, Aug 21st 2015 - ecomom - Since Laura's father Charles died in 1902, I seriously doubt he helped build ... [Read More]
- 12:50:32, Aug 21st 2015 - Agree - Seen two girls go into school the other day with pants that looked like unde ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 19th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Gusta J. Highum, 92, of Rushford, died March 12, 2004 at Good Shepherd Lutheran Home in Rushford.
Gusta Bratland was born Oct. 3, 1911, in Rushford to John and Ida (Laumb) Bratland. She grew up in Rushford and graduated from Rushford High School. On Feb. 26, 1931, she married Arthur Highum in Rushford. She was head cook for Rushford schools for many years and also worked at the Rushford bakery. She lived in her home until 10 months ago, when she moved to the nursing home. She was a member of Rushford Lutheran Church and the ladies aid there. Mrs. Highum is survived by three daughters, Ione (Myron) Olson of Bloomington, Minn., Eileen (Orley) Koljord of Lanesboro and Audrey (Sam) Sands of Mission Viejo, Calif.; eight grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her husband, two sisters and a brother. The funeral for Gusta J. Highum was March 15, 2004 at Rushford Lutheran Church. Burial was in Rushford Lutheran Cemetery. Hoff Funeral Homes Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.