"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, May 25th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:23:26, May 25th 2016 - ### - You want to tell your school putting a handicap sign up on steet that will bloc ... [Read More]
- 12:35:31, May 25th 2016 - Kit Kat Bar - I don't know... Everyone gets awards these days, but that, is ONE HUGE ... [Read More]
- 4:18:09, May 24th 2016 - Give me a break - This paper has officially turned into what every comedy movie think ... [Read More]
- 1:43:25, May 24th 2016 - Cervidae - In my husband's defense, he is the most unselfish person I know and anyon ... [Read More]
- 4:29:20, May 23rd 2016 - - His house and all his surrounding land is for sale, yet he's not going to move and ... [Read More]
- 11:16:49, May 23rd 2016 - Paul - Well read does not mean only reading books that you find that are in-line wit ... [Read More]
- 9:55:22, May 21st 2016 - Aaron Swartzentruber - You have said it very well. I, too, believe most of America is ... [Read More]
- 10:47:20, May 18th 2016 - Paul - You ask a legitimate question and one we as a country need to address with ot ... [Read More]
- 12:57:18, May 18th 2016 - Combat Veteran (Derek) - @ Paul: I agree with 100% with what you said there, asking ... [Read More]
- 10:52:23, May 17th 2016 - Paul - Obviously the commandment to love one another is not so straight forward. You ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 19th, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Evelyn Hanson, 72, formerly of Lanesboro, died March 13, 2004 at Harmony Health Care, where she had lived since April 2002.
Evelyn Hilden was born March 12, 1932, in rural Lanesboro, attended Grubtown School in rural Lanesboro and lived in the Highland area until moving to Lanesboro following her marriage. On Feb. 9, 1957, she married Carroll Hanson in Lanesboro. She was employed at the Lanesboro Sales Commission and the White Front Cafe in Lanesboro, and she and her husband owned the Happy Hour Bar in Lanesboro for a number of years. Mr. Hanson died Nov. 26, 2002. Survivors include three sons, Craig (Michelle) of New Hope, Minn., Paul (Diane) of Lanesboro and Loren (Norma) of Dover; three grandchildren; a brother, Laurel Hilden of St. Paul; and three sisters, Amy Thoen of Lanesboro, Thelma Moen of Spring Grove and Shirley (Jerome) Brown of Rochester. She was preceded in death by two sisters and two brothers. The funeral for Evelyn "Evie" Hanson was March 17, 2004 at Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Lanesboro, with the Rev. Kerry Eversole officiating. Burial was in the Lanesboro Cemetery. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.