"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, July 30th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:21:09, Jul 29th 2016 - Hum - Boy, has harmony changed! It's not like that now! ... [Read More]
- 1:55:04, Jul 27th 2016 - SV85 - @left luvr "Where are you getting this stuff?" Where I told you before----" ... [Read More]
- 12:58:29, Jul 27th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @lolz- meant to type Carol Mosby in my last post. ... [Read More]
- 10:35:15, Jul 27th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @lolz- Mr. Trump never uttered the "all" when talking about any ethn ... [Read More]
- 8:39:21, Jul 27th 2016 - Middle Man - Trump leaves a lot to be desired, hopefully if elected he surrounds hims ... [Read More]
- 7:13:53, Jul 27th 2016 - Aunt Barb - I am so proud of you, Michael, working to make this world a more peaceful ... [Read More]
- 12:36:54, Jul 27th 2016 - left luvr - @sv85 Where are you getting this stuff? One server for classified info a ... [Read More]
- 6:36:59, Jul 26th 2016 - What the ???? - @sv85 Where is this fact vs opinion stuff come from? Left luvr is mak ... [Read More]
- 2:34:51, Jul 26th 2016 - LOLZ - I think someone needs a dictionary or possibly his ears cleaned. 1) Misogyn ... [Read More]
- 1:46:43, Jul 26th 2016 - SV85 - @left luvr "I don't like Hillary because she is incompetent, that is a fact, ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 2nd, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
John D. Speer, 82, of Rochester, died March 26, 2004 at St. Marys Hospital.
He was born Sept. 20, 1921 in Chester, Iowa. He grew up in the Chester and LeRoy, Minn. areas. He served in the U.S. Army in the Asiatic-Pacific Theater from 1944-46. On February 14, 1948 he married Dorene F. Scheevel in Preston. He farmed for several years in the Spring Valley area before moving to Rochester in 1963 where he worked for the Rochester Public Schools. He was a member of the Rochester Eagles Club and Bethany United Methodist Church. Survivors include his wife; two sons Lynn (Pamela) Speer of Greenleafton and Todd Speer of Rochester and a granddaughter. He was preceded in death by one infant son; two brothers; two sisters; and his parents Edward and Hilda. The funeral for John D. Speer was March 31, 2004 at Bethany United Methodist Church with the Rev. Wes Gabel officiating. Burial was in the Greenleafton Cemetery. Ranfranz & Vine Funeral Homes of Rochester was in charge of arrangements.