"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, May 29th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:54:03, May 28th 2016 - what? - I'll be putting my child's name on my house! Problem solved! And I'll do it ... [Read More]
- 9:51:37, May 28th 2016 - wow - I see a guy in a girl's bathroom, well......it will not be good! ... [Read More]
- 3:25:48, May 27th 2016 - Laughing out loud - Grow up, you just proved yourself to be a moron. ... [Read More]
- 3:16:33, May 26th 2016 - SV resident - Wish this report included more of the specifics about what the public h ... [Read More]
- 1:46:00, May 26th 2016 - Livin' The Dream - grow up....Man, your parents were twisted to give you that name. ... [Read More]
- 12:26:28, May 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @Paul- I have read through the above commentary and can not find muc ... [Read More]
- 10:51:07, May 26th 2016 - grow up - People that are to afraid to put there name on something they post are not ... [Read More]
- 7:23:26, May 25th 2016 - ### - You want to tell your school putting a handicap sign up on steet that will bloc ... [Read More]
- 12:35:31, May 25th 2016 - Kit Kat Bar - I don't know... Everyone gets awards these days, but that, is ONE HUGE ... [Read More]
- 4:18:09, May 24th 2016 - Give me a break - This paper has officially turned into what every comedy movie think ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 2nd, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
John D. Speer, 82, of Rochester, died March 26, 2004 at St. Marys Hospital.
He was born Sept. 20, 1921 in Chester, Iowa. He grew up in the Chester and LeRoy, Minn. areas. He served in the U.S. Army in the Asiatic-Pacific Theater from 1944-46. On February 14, 1948 he married Dorene F. Scheevel in Preston. He farmed for several years in the Spring Valley area before moving to Rochester in 1963 where he worked for the Rochester Public Schools. He was a member of the Rochester Eagles Club and Bethany United Methodist Church. Survivors include his wife; two sons Lynn (Pamela) Speer of Greenleafton and Todd Speer of Rochester and a granddaughter. He was preceded in death by one infant son; two brothers; two sisters; and his parents Edward and Hilda. The funeral for John D. Speer was March 31, 2004 at Bethany United Methodist Church with the Rev. Wes Gabel officiating. Burial was in the Greenleafton Cemetery. Ranfranz & Vine Funeral Homes of Rochester was in charge of arrangements.