"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, April 30th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:37:45, Apr 29th 2016 - SEMN - Really you don't own that sign in! Grow up! I can't stop laughing! Last time I ... [Read More]
- 3:52:31, Apr 29th 2016 - Combat Veteran - @Paul- Where is your "you're a racist, warmongering, hateful, bigot" ... [Read More]
- 8:54:50, Apr 28th 2016 - LOLZ - Some dough head is using my name. I couldn't care less about the school, my ki ... [Read More]
- 2:10:13, Apr 28th 2016 - SEMN - What are you going to do about it SEMN? Last time I checked you didn't own the ... [Read More]
- 8:02:21, Apr 28th 2016 - SEMN - So who's the clown that is using my sign in, grow up. ... [Read More]
- 5:54:17, Apr 28th 2016 - Lala - Look the bully FC girl switched sports! ... [Read More]
- 5:53:10, Apr 28th 2016 - Semn - LOLZ, your the troll! ... [Read More]
- 10:18:05, Apr 27th 2016 - Paul - Not sure either party can say their system is perfect. Remember about throwin ... [Read More]
- 6:54:34, Apr 26th 2016 - Paul - Hawkeye, I've missed your out-of-touch "I'm right, you're wrong" rants. Glad ... [Read More]
- 11:59:13, Apr 26th 2016 - LOLZ - Trolling is a disease. Just like square dancing. ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 2nd, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
John D. Speer, 82, of Rochester, died March 26, 2004 at St. Marys Hospital.
He was born Sept. 20, 1921 in Chester, Iowa. He grew up in the Chester and LeRoy, Minn. areas. He served in the U.S. Army in the Asiatic-Pacific Theater from 1944-46. On February 14, 1948 he married Dorene F. Scheevel in Preston. He farmed for several years in the Spring Valley area before moving to Rochester in 1963 where he worked for the Rochester Public Schools. He was a member of the Rochester Eagles Club and Bethany United Methodist Church. Survivors include his wife; two sons Lynn (Pamela) Speer of Greenleafton and Todd Speer of Rochester and a granddaughter. He was preceded in death by one infant son; two brothers; two sisters; and his parents Edward and Hilda. The funeral for John D. Speer was March 31, 2004 at Bethany United Methodist Church with the Rev. Wes Gabel officiating. Burial was in the Greenleafton Cemetery. Ranfranz & Vine Funeral Homes of Rochester was in charge of arrangements.