"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:24:43, Sep 30th 2014 - hawkeye62 - What we really need is a President with the will and experience to lead i ... [Read More]
- 9:49:34, Sep 29th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - PRETTY GOOD CHANCE THE ANIMALS ARE DEMOCRATS CROSSING THE ROAD TO SEE WH ... [Read More]
- 4:48:52, Sep 29th 2014 - open enrolled out - It is time for us to again listen to thoughts of passionate peopl ... [Read More]
- 9:28:02, Sep 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - The person's identity will be made known at the meeting. The perso ... [Read More]
- 3:11:22, Sep 28th 2014 - - Who is this person ... [Read More]
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - email@example.com - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 2nd, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
John D. Speer, 82, of Rochester, died March 26, 2004 at St. Marys Hospital.
He was born Sept. 20, 1921 in Chester, Iowa. He grew up in the Chester and LeRoy, Minn. areas. He served in the U.S. Army in the Asiatic-Pacific Theater from 1944-46. On February 14, 1948 he married Dorene F. Scheevel in Preston. He farmed for several years in the Spring Valley area before moving to Rochester in 1963 where he worked for the Rochester Public Schools. He was a member of the Rochester Eagles Club and Bethany United Methodist Church. Survivors include his wife; two sons Lynn (Pamela) Speer of Greenleafton and Todd Speer of Rochester and a granddaughter. He was preceded in death by one infant son; two brothers; two sisters; and his parents Edward and Hilda. The funeral for John D. Speer was March 31, 2004 at Bethany United Methodist Church with the Rev. Wes Gabel officiating. Burial was in the Greenleafton Cemetery. Ranfranz & Vine Funeral Homes of Rochester was in charge of arrangements.