"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, August 28th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:26:59, Aug 24th 2015 - Lmao - Doc........do u even know what that means? U better look it up! ... [Read More]
- 3:35:05, Aug 23rd 2015 - LOLZ - Everyone and their brother has a grey Impala. That's why they are about as int ... [Read More]
- 3:31:31, Aug 23rd 2015 - doc - Agree: Illiterate much? ... [Read More]
- 6:58:24, Aug 23rd 2015 - ? - Just put a lock on it, way cheaper! No brainer! ... [Read More]
- 8:43:20, Aug 21st 2015 - ecomom - Since Laura's father Charles died in 1902, I seriously doubt he helped build ... [Read More]
- 12:50:32, Aug 21st 2015 - Agree - Seen two girls go into school the other day with pants that looked like unde ... [Read More]
- 12:47:28, Aug 21st 2015 - - Remark 1976 seems to know about everything that posted in the journal. Lmfao...i ... [Read More]
- 10:14:08, Aug 21st 2015 - Remark1976 - Concerned, the Fountain police chief can only issue speeding ticket ... [Read More]
- 8:01:44, Aug 21st 2015 - Skeptical - I think the DNR doesn't tell us everything they're up to. I've heard th ... [Read More]
- 7:51:52, Aug 21st 2015 - Concerned - I think the police chief needs to start isuing speeding tickets in Founta ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 2nd, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
John D. Speer, 82, of Rochester, died March 26, 2004 at St. Marys Hospital.
He was born Sept. 20, 1921 in Chester, Iowa. He grew up in the Chester and LeRoy, Minn. areas. He served in the U.S. Army in the Asiatic-Pacific Theater from 1944-46. On February 14, 1948 he married Dorene F. Scheevel in Preston. He farmed for several years in the Spring Valley area before moving to Rochester in 1963 where he worked for the Rochester Public Schools. He was a member of the Rochester Eagles Club and Bethany United Methodist Church. Survivors include his wife; two sons Lynn (Pamela) Speer of Greenleafton and Todd Speer of Rochester and a granddaughter. He was preceded in death by one infant son; two brothers; two sisters; and his parents Edward and Hilda. The funeral for John D. Speer was March 31, 2004 at Bethany United Methodist Church with the Rev. Wes Gabel officiating. Burial was in the Greenleafton Cemetery. Ranfranz & Vine Funeral Homes of Rochester was in charge of arrangements.