"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, February 1st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:26:11, Jan 31st 2015 - REDHORSE51 - I think after getting screwed by the Rushford School District, the City ... [Read More]
- 2:13:41, Jan 31st 2015 - Harmony Rocks - Neighbor......ever think the cop may have been on another call, and h ... [Read More]
- 9:27:51, Jan 31st 2015 - olcrammy - wow! i wanna be just like him! ... [Read More]
- 8:42:55, Jan 30th 2015 - neighbor - Fountain farmer. We have tried everything! What r we to do! U know they st ... [Read More]
- 9:42:36, Jan 30th 2015 - FountainFarmer - neighbor, in your mind my comments might make me appear I want to st ... [Read More]
- 5:17:15, Jan 30th 2015 - neighbor - Harmony rocks.....had to call the cops 3 times before they came! So there ... [Read More]
- 5:15:25, Jan 30th 2015 - whatever - Agree who do these parents think they are. They just look like fools! I th ... [Read More]
- 1:25:03, Jan 29th 2015 - justhearing - Agree with the lack of sportsmanship in the FC stands. Too much loud c ... [Read More]
- 8:37:09, Jan 28th 2015 - state medalist - Good post, love it! ... [Read More]
- 6:36:47, Jan 28th 2015 - blueberry - With 90 vendors it sounds like there are lots of antiques! ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 2nd, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Elizabeth A. Nelson, 75, of Burr Oak, Iowa died March 31, 2004 at the Aase Haugen Home in Decorah, Iowa.
Elizabeth Kimber was born March 16, 1929 in Winneshiek County, Iowa to John Sr. and Mabel (Arnold) Kimber. She attended the Chase Country School and also the Mabel High School. On October 31, 1947 she married Leland Nelson in Spring Grove at the Lutheran Parsonage. They lived in Mabel for about nine years before moving to east of Hesper, Iowa in 1960, then to the Burr Oak area. She worked for many years at the Burr Oak Mercantile and was even a co-owner and postmaster for a short time. She was a member of the Burr Oak Lutheran Church. Survivors include her husband Leland of Burr Oak; a daughter Sharon (Art) DuPratt of Ankeny, Iowa; a son Dale (Candi) of Spillville, Iowa; daughter-in-law Bev Nelson of Monona, Iowa; seven grandchildren; six great grandchildren; a sister Kathy (Roger) Powers of Burr Oak; two brothers Gail (Imogene) of Arkansas and Robert (Darlene) of Minneapolis; and two sister-in-laws Ernestine Kimber of Rawley, Iowa, and Vivian Kimber of Decorah. She was preceded in death by a son Terry; her parents; three brothers Richard, John Jr., and Hank; and a sister Rose. Funeral services for Elizabeth Nelson were April 3, 2004 at the Burr Oak Lutheran Church in Burr Oak, Iowa with the Rev. Hans Floan officiating. Burial was in the Burr Oak Cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.