"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, May 6th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:12:50, May 6th 2015 - LOLZ - Re-evaluate your prescriptions. ... [Read More]
- 4:54:07, May 6th 2015 - laurie - Kim Wentworth. I did not know you're political side. Bravo! Hope you're well ... [Read More]
- 2:25:58, May 6th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - a short response: paragraph 8- a belief in a system where th ... [Read More]
- 11:17:41, May 6th 2015 - Hawkeye63 - Herb, waiting for your response. You seem so knowledgeable on the gun con ... [Read More]
- 9:30:33, May 5th 2015 - FountainFarmer - what? you can direct your questions towards Sgt. Christianson at the ... [Read More]
- 12:26:17, May 5th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @Vikefan- lets take your scenario a little further since you seem to ... [Read More]
- 4:31:29, May 5th 2015 - what? - What about electric scooters? There is a grade school kid in harmony riding on ... [Read More]
- 4:24:55, May 5th 2015 - what? - The mayor's in small towns don't wear suits...it's a part time job! They don' ... [Read More]
- 6:54:57, May 4th 2015 - LOLZ - So what's up with the hoodie? Was it casual Friday? ... [Read More]
- 7:42:01, May 4th 2015 - amazed - Many people have detractors who try to make them look foolish in the eyes of ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 2nd, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Elizabeth A. Nelson, 75, of Burr Oak, Iowa died March 31, 2004 at the Aase Haugen Home in Decorah, Iowa.
Elizabeth Kimber was born March 16, 1929 in Winneshiek County, Iowa to John Sr. and Mabel (Arnold) Kimber. She attended the Chase Country School and also the Mabel High School. On October 31, 1947 she married Leland Nelson in Spring Grove at the Lutheran Parsonage. They lived in Mabel for about nine years before moving to east of Hesper, Iowa in 1960, then to the Burr Oak area. She worked for many years at the Burr Oak Mercantile and was even a co-owner and postmaster for a short time. She was a member of the Burr Oak Lutheran Church. Survivors include her husband Leland of Burr Oak; a daughter Sharon (Art) DuPratt of Ankeny, Iowa; a son Dale (Candi) of Spillville, Iowa; daughter-in-law Bev Nelson of Monona, Iowa; seven grandchildren; six great grandchildren; a sister Kathy (Roger) Powers of Burr Oak; two brothers Gail (Imogene) of Arkansas and Robert (Darlene) of Minneapolis; and two sister-in-laws Ernestine Kimber of Rawley, Iowa, and Vivian Kimber of Decorah. She was preceded in death by a son Terry; her parents; three brothers Richard, John Jr., and Hank; and a sister Rose. Funeral services for Elizabeth Nelson were April 3, 2004 at the Burr Oak Lutheran Church in Burr Oak, Iowa with the Rev. Hans Floan officiating. Burial was in the Burr Oak Cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.