"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, September 17th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
- 10:07:39, Sep 10th 2014 - Gussie - Well put. If people only knew what went on at the Fillmore County Sheriff's ... [Read More]
- 10:07:20, Sep 8th 2014 - ostranderite - Mayor Nessler owns 1 of the 3 businesses in Ostrander that has a liquo ... [Read More]
- 7:37:46, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, was that comment really needed? Just because I said that same t ... [Read More]
- 3:39:25, Sep 6th 2014 - doc - Sounds like a young republican. ... [Read More]
- 9:54:10, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - youwho, I couldn't agree with you more. There are people out there ... [Read More]
- 7:17:52, Sep 6th 2014 - youwho - Which would make him 15 on June 1st, 2014. The correct age to play 15U for t ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 2nd, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Elizabeth A. Nelson, 75, of Burr Oak, Iowa died March 31, 2004 at the Aase Haugen Home in Decorah, Iowa.
Elizabeth Kimber was born March 16, 1929 in Winneshiek County, Iowa to John Sr. and Mabel (Arnold) Kimber. She attended the Chase Country School and also the Mabel High School. On October 31, 1947 she married Leland Nelson in Spring Grove at the Lutheran Parsonage. They lived in Mabel for about nine years before moving to east of Hesper, Iowa in 1960, then to the Burr Oak area. She worked for many years at the Burr Oak Mercantile and was even a co-owner and postmaster for a short time. She was a member of the Burr Oak Lutheran Church. Survivors include her husband Leland of Burr Oak; a daughter Sharon (Art) DuPratt of Ankeny, Iowa; a son Dale (Candi) of Spillville, Iowa; daughter-in-law Bev Nelson of Monona, Iowa; seven grandchildren; six great grandchildren; a sister Kathy (Roger) Powers of Burr Oak; two brothers Gail (Imogene) of Arkansas and Robert (Darlene) of Minneapolis; and two sister-in-laws Ernestine Kimber of Rawley, Iowa, and Vivian Kimber of Decorah. She was preceded in death by a son Terry; her parents; three brothers Richard, John Jr., and Hank; and a sister Rose. Funeral services for Elizabeth Nelson were April 3, 2004 at the Burr Oak Lutheran Church in Burr Oak, Iowa with the Rev. Hans Floan officiating. Burial was in the Burr Oak Cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.