"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, May 4th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:33:17, May 3rd 2016 - :) - :) ... [Read More]
- 9:15:44, May 3rd 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Put that into in your pipe and smoke it, Paul!! ... [Read More]
- 10:57:13, May 2nd 2016 - Happy! - The softball girls are soooo relieved! ... [Read More]
- 12:47:26, Apr 30th 2016 - LOLZ - Boy, I'm glad I don't live in SEMEN. ... [Read More]
- 6:37:45, Apr 29th 2016 - SEMN - Really you don't own that sign in! Grow up! I can't stop laughing! Last time I ... [Read More]
- 3:52:31, Apr 29th 2016 - Combat Veteran - @Paul- Where is your "you're a racist, warmongering, hateful, bigot" ... [Read More]
- 8:54:50, Apr 28th 2016 - LOLZ - Some dough head is using my name. I couldn't care less about the school, my ki ... [Read More]
- 2:10:13, Apr 28th 2016 - SEMN - What are you going to do about it SEMN? Last time I checked you didn't own the ... [Read More]
- 8:02:21, Apr 28th 2016 - SEMN - So who's the clown that is using my sign in, grow up. ... [Read More]
- 5:54:17, Apr 28th 2016 - Lala - Look the bully FC girl switched sports! ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 2nd, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Elizabeth A. Nelson, 75, of Burr Oak, Iowa died March 31, 2004 at the Aase Haugen Home in Decorah, Iowa.
Elizabeth Kimber was born March 16, 1929 in Winneshiek County, Iowa to John Sr. and Mabel (Arnold) Kimber. She attended the Chase Country School and also the Mabel High School. On October 31, 1947 she married Leland Nelson in Spring Grove at the Lutheran Parsonage. They lived in Mabel for about nine years before moving to east of Hesper, Iowa in 1960, then to the Burr Oak area. She worked for many years at the Burr Oak Mercantile and was even a co-owner and postmaster for a short time. She was a member of the Burr Oak Lutheran Church. Survivors include her husband Leland of Burr Oak; a daughter Sharon (Art) DuPratt of Ankeny, Iowa; a son Dale (Candi) of Spillville, Iowa; daughter-in-law Bev Nelson of Monona, Iowa; seven grandchildren; six great grandchildren; a sister Kathy (Roger) Powers of Burr Oak; two brothers Gail (Imogene) of Arkansas and Robert (Darlene) of Minneapolis; and two sister-in-laws Ernestine Kimber of Rawley, Iowa, and Vivian Kimber of Decorah. She was preceded in death by a son Terry; her parents; three brothers Richard, John Jr., and Hank; and a sister Rose. Funeral services for Elizabeth Nelson were April 3, 2004 at the Burr Oak Lutheran Church in Burr Oak, Iowa with the Rev. Hans Floan officiating. Burial was in the Burr Oak Cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.