"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, October 20th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:58:02, Oct 19th 2014 - - F.Y.I--Passed, not pasted ... [Read More]
- 4:32:49, Oct 19th 2014 - RFDVOLUNTEER - To "the truth hurts and "loud interruption" I am for the school, but ... [Read More]
- 4:19:23, Oct 19th 2014 - Facts - Read these commentaries and then actually call the district and get the true ... [Read More]
- 4:11:10, Oct 19th 2014 - RFDVOLUNTEER - To "the truth hurts and "loud interruption" I am for the school, but ... [Read More]
- 9:46:48, Oct 19th 2014 - greatquestion - You ask a very good question. Mr. Ehler or Board Chair Mr. Linder wo ... [Read More]
- 11:22:49, Oct 18th 2014 - agree - Fact says has a great point. Money is at the root of the problems in high sc ... [Read More]
- 5:24:15, Oct 17th 2014 - FC concern - To FC Nobody: Just means you have smart bullies. Take your blinders of ... [Read More]
- 7:09:36, Oct 17th 2014 - - There was no flood water in the Rushford school . ... [Read More]
- 7:02:40, Oct 17th 2014 - fact - This is a great place to voice your opinion! Going to a school board will not ... [Read More]
- 6:56:33, Oct 17th 2014 - - This is a great place to voice your opinion! Going to a school board will not help ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 2nd, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Elizabeth A. Nelson, 75, of Burr Oak, Iowa died March 31, 2004 at the Aase Haugen Home in Decorah, Iowa.
Elizabeth Kimber was born March 16, 1929 in Winneshiek County, Iowa to John Sr. and Mabel (Arnold) Kimber. She attended the Chase Country School and also the Mabel High School. On October 31, 1947 she married Leland Nelson in Spring Grove at the Lutheran Parsonage. They lived in Mabel for about nine years before moving to east of Hesper, Iowa in 1960, then to the Burr Oak area. She worked for many years at the Burr Oak Mercantile and was even a co-owner and postmaster for a short time. She was a member of the Burr Oak Lutheran Church. Survivors include her husband Leland of Burr Oak; a daughter Sharon (Art) DuPratt of Ankeny, Iowa; a son Dale (Candi) of Spillville, Iowa; daughter-in-law Bev Nelson of Monona, Iowa; seven grandchildren; six great grandchildren; a sister Kathy (Roger) Powers of Burr Oak; two brothers Gail (Imogene) of Arkansas and Robert (Darlene) of Minneapolis; and two sister-in-laws Ernestine Kimber of Rawley, Iowa, and Vivian Kimber of Decorah. She was preceded in death by a son Terry; her parents; three brothers Richard, John Jr., and Hank; and a sister Rose. Funeral services for Elizabeth Nelson were April 3, 2004 at the Burr Oak Lutheran Church in Burr Oak, Iowa with the Rev. Hans Floan officiating. Burial was in the Burr Oak Cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.