"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, August 1st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:08:40, Jul 31st 2015 - what? - Gary livingood....lol...U need to check the guy he lives with. Drugs! ... [Read More]
- 6:05:47, Jul 31st 2015 - Haha - Get the girl bully off the FC teams. ... [Read More]
- 12:21:49, Jul 29th 2015 - Wykoff Resident - PLEASE stop behaving like children. This is directed to the counc ... [Read More]
- 6:30:33, Jul 28th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - 999 OUT OF 1,00 TIMES I USUALLY DISAGREE OR FIND FAULT WITH YOUR COMMENT ... [Read More]
- 8:53:21, Jul 28th 2015 - CARON - I wish I would have known Jeanie. I've thought of you and Janet often over t ... [Read More]
- 12:01:31, Jul 27th 2015 - What - "Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the Unit ... [Read More]
- 11:25:05, Jul 27th 2015 - LOLZ - I think we're done here. ... [Read More]
- 9:58:11, Jul 26th 2015 - Paul - Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the United ... [Read More]
- 2:04:57, Jul 25th 2015 - chris - Just like they didn't plant cougars, bear, wolves, wild turkeys and who knows ... [Read More]
- 7:20:23, Jul 25th 2015 - LOLZ - Maybe we won't get any snow next winter. Might as well worry about it in July ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 22nd, 2011
Posted in Sports
Posted in Sports
The number 64, as it relates to sports, is most famous per its respect to how many squads formerly made the NCAA tournament field. Other than that, individual basketball teams can score it. Football teams can combine to score it. A golfer, on a real bad day, can probably shoot it! As it pertains to diamond sports, the number is generally irrelevant. Rushford-Peterson and GMLOK softball teams, in a double-header, made it relevant.
In game one, the Bulldogs out-scored the Trojans 15-11. Fourteen drawn walks helped the GMLOK cause, as did Emily Schlitter's 3-4, 2 RBI day. R-P earned their runs, amassing 15 hits including 3-5 performances from Mariah Mueller (3 RBI's), Laura Rislove (two 2B's, 3 RBI's), and Jessica Rislov (2 RBI's). Kenzie Lind also drove in three with a pair of extra base hits. In game two, the tables were turned. R-P was granted 15 free passes. Mueller went 2-2 with two driven in. Emily Culhane was 2-5 with 4 RBI's. Rislove was 1-3, but that one hit was a home run. GMLOK's top hitters were Jasper Hamersma (4-5 with 2 RBI's) and Lauren Servick (3-5, 2 RBI's). R-P prevailed 23-15!
That's right; 64 combined runs in back-to-back games.