"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, March 9th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - email@example.com - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
- 6:29:53, Feb 23rd 2014 - Proud family member - Thank you for this wonderful article about my nephew and his fa ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 22nd, 2011
Posted in Sports
Posted in Sports
The number 64, as it relates to sports, is most famous per its respect to how many squads formerly made the NCAA tournament field. Other than that, individual basketball teams can score it. Football teams can combine to score it. A golfer, on a real bad day, can probably shoot it! As it pertains to diamond sports, the number is generally irrelevant. Rushford-Peterson and GMLOK softball teams, in a double-header, made it relevant.
In game one, the Bulldogs out-scored the Trojans 15-11. Fourteen drawn walks helped the GMLOK cause, as did Emily Schlitter's 3-4, 2 RBI day. R-P earned their runs, amassing 15 hits including 3-5 performances from Mariah Mueller (3 RBI's), Laura Rislove (two 2B's, 3 RBI's), and Jessica Rislov (2 RBI's). Kenzie Lind also drove in three with a pair of extra base hits. In game two, the tables were turned. R-P was granted 15 free passes. Mueller went 2-2 with two driven in. Emily Culhane was 2-5 with 4 RBI's. Rislove was 1-3, but that one hit was a home run. GMLOK's top hitters were Jasper Hamersma (4-5 with 2 RBI's) and Lauren Servick (3-5, 2 RBI's). R-P prevailed 23-15!
That's right; 64 combined runs in back-to-back games.