"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, July 31st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:23:50, Jul 30th 2014 - Bear - So Eagle, let me get this straight... To save money on medical insurance prem ... [Read More]
- 7:19:30, Jul 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Wow- so you're still going to do your shopping in Iowa to save 50-c ... [Read More]
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 22nd, 2011
Posted in Sports
Posted in Sports
The number 64, as it relates to sports, is most famous per its respect to how many squads formerly made the NCAA tournament field. Other than that, individual basketball teams can score it. Football teams can combine to score it. A golfer, on a real bad day, can probably shoot it! As it pertains to diamond sports, the number is generally irrelevant. Rushford-Peterson and GMLOK softball teams, in a double-header, made it relevant.
In game one, the Bulldogs out-scored the Trojans 15-11. Fourteen drawn walks helped the GMLOK cause, as did Emily Schlitter's 3-4, 2 RBI day. R-P earned their runs, amassing 15 hits including 3-5 performances from Mariah Mueller (3 RBI's), Laura Rislove (two 2B's, 3 RBI's), and Jessica Rislov (2 RBI's). Kenzie Lind also drove in three with a pair of extra base hits. In game two, the tables were turned. R-P was granted 15 free passes. Mueller went 2-2 with two driven in. Emily Culhane was 2-5 with 4 RBI's. Rislove was 1-3, but that one hit was a home run. GMLOK's top hitters were Jasper Hamersma (4-5 with 2 RBI's) and Lauren Servick (3-5, 2 RBI's). R-P prevailed 23-15!
That's right; 64 combined runs in back-to-back games.