"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, February 14th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:13:48, Feb 13th 2016 - Billary - This paper is so liberal. Guess they are endorsing Hillary Clinton!!!!!! ... [Read More]
- 9:05:21, Feb 12th 2016 - VikeFan1 - Wentworth Your post contains disconnected ideas and makes little sense. ... [Read More]
- 1:21:44, Feb 12th 2016 - email@example.com - Well said. I cook on wkends too, leftovers during the week a ... [Read More]
- 1:07:17, Feb 12th 2016 - Kim Wenworth - @ sv85 and vikefan1- the countries I mentioned in my last post are all ... [Read More]
- 8:40:49, Feb 11th 2016 - VikeFan1 - @Wentworth "Universal health care not covered in the Constitution" ? ... [Read More]
- 1:11:48, Feb 11th 2016 - SV85 - @Wentworth If you will do an unbiased research on the positive features of th ... [Read More]
- 9:43:47, Feb 11th 2016 - Kim Wenworth - @ sv85- exactly what are the benefits of obamacare? the last time I ch ... [Read More]
- 2:39:33, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - Hawkeye Also your blind devotion to Fox News. Did it ever occur to you that ... [Read More]
- 2:26:35, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - @Hawkeye 63 And your blind loyalty to anything and anybody to the far right ... [Read More]
- 1:44:23, Feb 9th 2016 - Taylor - @Rushford Man...you have a problem with me? Bring to me personally instead of ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 22nd, 2011
Posted in Sports
Posted in Sports
The number 64, as it relates to sports, is most famous per its respect to how many squads formerly made the NCAA tournament field. Other than that, individual basketball teams can score it. Football teams can combine to score it. A golfer, on a real bad day, can probably shoot it! As it pertains to diamond sports, the number is generally irrelevant. Rushford-Peterson and GMLOK softball teams, in a double-header, made it relevant.
In game one, the Bulldogs out-scored the Trojans 15-11. Fourteen drawn walks helped the GMLOK cause, as did Emily Schlitter's 3-4, 2 RBI day. R-P earned their runs, amassing 15 hits including 3-5 performances from Mariah Mueller (3 RBI's), Laura Rislove (two 2B's, 3 RBI's), and Jessica Rislov (2 RBI's). Kenzie Lind also drove in three with a pair of extra base hits. In game two, the tables were turned. R-P was granted 15 free passes. Mueller went 2-2 with two driven in. Emily Culhane was 2-5 with 4 RBI's. Rislove was 1-3, but that one hit was a home run. GMLOK's top hitters were Jasper Hamersma (4-5 with 2 RBI's) and Lauren Servick (3-5, 2 RBI's). R-P prevailed 23-15!
That's right; 64 combined runs in back-to-back games.