"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, August 31st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:03:45, Aug 28th 2015 - millerml - It's wonderful today to see wholesome farm kids raising animals and growin ... [Read More]
- 12:05:42, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - If Concerned is really concerned about public safety in Fountain, why d ... [Read More]
- 11:59:53, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - to the anonymous poster: There is no limit on how much I or anyone e ... [Read More]
- 10:12:49, Aug 28th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Very nice kids! Good work Mom and Dad. ... [Read More]
- 6:26:59, Aug 24th 2015 - Lmao - Doc........do u even know what that means? U better look it up! ... [Read More]
- 3:35:05, Aug 23rd 2015 - LOLZ - Everyone and their brother has a grey Impala. That's why they are about as int ... [Read More]
- 3:31:31, Aug 23rd 2015 - doc - Agree: Illiterate much? ... [Read More]
- 6:58:24, Aug 23rd 2015 - ? - Just put a lock on it, way cheaper! No brainer! ... [Read More]
- 8:43:20, Aug 21st 2015 - ecomom - Since Laura's father Charles died in 1902, I seriously doubt he helped build ... [Read More]
- 12:50:32, Aug 21st 2015 - Agree - Seen two girls go into school the other day with pants that looked like unde ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 22nd, 2011
Posted in Sports
Posted in Sports
The number 64, as it relates to sports, is most famous per its respect to how many squads formerly made the NCAA tournament field. Other than that, individual basketball teams can score it. Football teams can combine to score it. A golfer, on a real bad day, can probably shoot it! As it pertains to diamond sports, the number is generally irrelevant. Rushford-Peterson and GMLOK softball teams, in a double-header, made it relevant.
In game one, the Bulldogs out-scored the Trojans 15-11. Fourteen drawn walks helped the GMLOK cause, as did Emily Schlitter's 3-4, 2 RBI day. R-P earned their runs, amassing 15 hits including 3-5 performances from Mariah Mueller (3 RBI's), Laura Rislove (two 2B's, 3 RBI's), and Jessica Rislov (2 RBI's). Kenzie Lind also drove in three with a pair of extra base hits. In game two, the tables were turned. R-P was granted 15 free passes. Mueller went 2-2 with two driven in. Emily Culhane was 2-5 with 4 RBI's. Rislove was 1-3, but that one hit was a home run. GMLOK's top hitters were Jasper Hamersma (4-5 with 2 RBI's) and Lauren Servick (3-5, 2 RBI's). R-P prevailed 23-15!
That's right; 64 combined runs in back-to-back games.