"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, June 19th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:58:04, Jun 18th 2013 - cabraden1 - I salute you Colonel Overland. Your were my c.o. at Rockville Naval Air ... [Read More]
- 7:10:46, Jun 13th 2013 - chipperlee - Seems to be a well written article, except maybe Silica Sand is used in ... [Read More]
- 12:02:15, Jun 9th 2013 - getthefacts - The problem here lies in the fact that girls were repeatedly told "if y ... [Read More]
- 10:45:32, Jun 7th 2013 - Jo mom for 6yrs - Mr. Ehler hit the nail on the head. I agree with the religious con ... [Read More]
- 2:47:58, Jun 7th 2013 - hello - Hello, it's time you wake up. There isn't a community nearby that doesn't offe ... [Read More]
- 9:06:21, Jun 6th 2013 - hello - Hello, it's time you wake up. There isn't a community nearby that doesn't offe ... [Read More]
- 2:05:29, Jun 6th 2013 - Kim Wentworth - The number one rule in a debate: 1) if the person from the opposite si ... [Read More]
- 12:42:18, Jun 4th 2013 - EW - For someone that is always spouting religious rhetoric, you try to come off as a ... [Read More]
- 11:32:18, May 31st 2013 - JO PLAYER - This is unfair to us girls. Morrie Miller is not getting canceled but J ... [Read More]
- 8:25:34, May 29th 2013 - RP - Why is Mr. Ehler involving himself with non-school activities? Is he going after ... [Read More]
Do you think the use of all fireworks should be legal in the state of Minnesota for all consumers?
Fri, Aug 6th, 2004
Posted in Legals
Posted in Legals
Present were: Myrna Luehmann, Rick Lamon, Mike Moriarty, Greg Ehresmann, Phil Minkkinen and Mary Rae. Tom Ellis and Ron Umdahl also presented information on the Day Treatment Program.
The agenda was modified and approved. M. Luehmann moved to accept the agenda with the modification and G. Ehresmann seconded. M. Moriarty moved to approve minutes of the previous meeting and R. Lamon seconded. The bills were reviewed. G. Ehresmann moved to approve and M. Luehmann seconded the move. A representative of the Liquid Asset visited the program. Options in utilizing the Fund were reviewed. Tom Ellis and Ron Umdahl of the Day Treatment Program updated the group on the program. Progress on the time out room was reviewed. Final information on the cost of materials and building the room will be obtained. A demo of the “Skills Tutor” program was presented to the Leadership Team. This information will be offered to the RRED Principals in March. A survey is being made of Special Education staff to evaluate the interest of offering modules of the Kansas Learning Strategies. Both approaches offer impressive research regarding the gains made by students. The need for an alternative program for students having difficulty with their present course of study was discussed. The districts have used a number of approaches to solve this problem. Since the number needing this resource varies yearly, it is difficult to predict the need. The issue of having Highly Qualified Teachers could present challenges to filling positions in the schools. Training for paraprofessionals is another issue. Since IDEA has not been reauthorized, the question of qualifications and the necessary training for paraprofessionals has not been resolved. Both issues impact upon Special Education. Personnel issues were discussed. Other issues discussed included origination of “504” Plans, involving parents in an advisory capacity and paper planners vs. electronic planners. Next meeting scheduled for 3/23/04 at 10:00 a.m. Publish 9