"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, September 19th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - email@example.com - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
- 10:07:39, Sep 10th 2014 - Gussie - Well put. If people only knew what went on at the Fillmore County Sheriff's ... [Read More]
Mon, May 23rd, 2011
Posted in Education
Posted in Education
It's pretty crazy that graduation day is finally here. I remember thinking that kindergarten and eighth grade graduations were a big deal, but they no longer compare to graduating from high school. As a little girl I was always thinking of what I wanted to be when I grew up. Well, now I'm all grown up and must now decide what I'm going to do for the rest of my life. I've always known that I would have a career in the medical field: doctor, nurse, dentist, surgeon and so on. Well, I've now decided to major in Pharmacy.
When it came time to choose a college the decision was rather simple. I wanted to go somewhere new and try something different. I'm independent as it is, so distance didn't seem to bother me. I visited only one college, applied to only one college, and only wanted to attend one college. The college that I am going to attend this fall is South Dakota State University in Brookings, SD. Now some of you may think, "How can you decide on a college without exploring your other options?" My answer to that would be, "If you know me at all, you know that once I get my mind set on something, that's how it is going to be."
To get to Brookings it takes four hours and thirty-nine minutes from my house. I'm excited to be on my own and be even more independent. But, I will miss my family and will look forward to my trips back home. A majority of my friends are staying closer to home, but I was ready for something new. Luckily, though, I am going to the same school as my best friend, and I can't wait!
To get ready for college this summer, I plan to waitress and bartend at Bent Wrench Bar and Grill to earn some money before I head off to college. Also, during the day, I plan to run as an EMT for the Preston Ambulance Service.
I'm very enthusiastic about next year, and I'm ready to start something new. I would like to thank my family, friends, and community for getting me to this point, I would not be the person that I am today without your help. Dr. Seuss once said, "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." To me, this quote sums it all up, only you can be yourself. If someone else doesn't think it's okay, then I guess it's his or her own problem. So chase your dreams and set goals, but most importantly, be your own person.