"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, December 18th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:39:12, Dec 17th 2014 - SgtRock - I guess I hit a sore spot. The comments Jeff made in his article are his ... [Read More]
- 4:06:16, Dec 17th 2014 - @SGT Rock - "You can stop hyperventilating now Jeff, it appears you are auditioning f ... [Read More]
- 12:59:15, Dec 16th 2014 - SgtRock - You can stop hyperventilating now Jeff, it appears you are auditioning for ... [Read More]
- 6:53:39, Dec 15th 2014 - - Enough with the Liberal bashing!!!! ... [Read More]
- 12:43:11, Dec 9th 2014 - FountainFarmer - Wow! Yes, people are entitled to their opinion anytime they feel fre ... [Read More]
- 5:54:41, Dec 8th 2014 - WoW! - Fountainfarmer no serious Axe to grind and definitely not faceless gossip. Peop ... [Read More]
- 5:17:00, Dec 8th 2014 - Pastor Mark - Sounds like a great trip. Good for you Paul! Hope to see some of your pi ... [Read More]
- 1:58:52, Dec 8th 2014 - FountainFarmer - WoW! You're just commenting on an article that was posted back in Ju ... [Read More]
- 10:19:54, Dec 6th 2014 - WoW! - Sadly The Only Ones That Are Misinformed About Kaase are The Citizens of Fillm ... [Read More]
- 2:56:47, Dec 5th 2014 - annonymous - You should probably do some homework when printing articles like this. W ... [Read More]
Mon, May 23rd, 2011
Posted in Education
Posted in Education
It's pretty crazy that graduation day is finally here. I remember thinking that kindergarten and eighth grade graduations were a big deal, but they no longer compare to graduating from high school. As a little girl I was always thinking of what I wanted to be when I grew up. Well, now I'm all grown up and must now decide what I'm going to do for the rest of my life. I've always known that I would have a career in the medical field: doctor, nurse, dentist, surgeon and so on. Well, I've now decided to major in Pharmacy.
When it came time to choose a college the decision was rather simple. I wanted to go somewhere new and try something different. I'm independent as it is, so distance didn't seem to bother me. I visited only one college, applied to only one college, and only wanted to attend one college. The college that I am going to attend this fall is South Dakota State University in Brookings, SD. Now some of you may think, "How can you decide on a college without exploring your other options?" My answer to that would be, "If you know me at all, you know that once I get my mind set on something, that's how it is going to be."
To get to Brookings it takes four hours and thirty-nine minutes from my house. I'm excited to be on my own and be even more independent. But, I will miss my family and will look forward to my trips back home. A majority of my friends are staying closer to home, but I was ready for something new. Luckily, though, I am going to the same school as my best friend, and I can't wait!
To get ready for college this summer, I plan to waitress and bartend at Bent Wrench Bar and Grill to earn some money before I head off to college. Also, during the day, I plan to run as an EMT for the Preston Ambulance Service.
I'm very enthusiastic about next year, and I'm ready to start something new. I would like to thank my family, friends, and community for getting me to this point, I would not be the person that I am today without your help. Dr. Seuss once said, "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." To me, this quote sums it all up, only you can be yourself. If someone else doesn't think it's okay, then I guess it's his or her own problem. So chase your dreams and set goals, but most importantly, be your own person.