"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, April 1st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:21:04, Mar 31st 2015 - doc - Not to mention ignoring science yet believing in fairy tales. ... [Read More]
- 12:16:25, Mar 31st 2015 - Vikefan 1 - To Left Winger: You choose to call what Reagan and Bush did as "tweak ... [Read More]
- 9:53:03, Mar 31st 2015 - left winger - vikefan please get you facts straight, What Regan did was a technical c ... [Read More]
- 2:52:28, Mar 30th 2015 - Typical - Vikefan, The main difference between me an you is I have my own opinion. ... [Read More]
- 11:09:25, Mar 30th 2015 - vikefan 1 - To Typical Obama violating protocol by using executive actions? Do you ... [Read More]
- 8:26:07, Mar 30th 2015 - Typical - "To bypass the President of the United States and invite the leader of a f ... [Read More]
- 6:05:13, Mar 28th 2015 - Fillmore mom - I really enjoyed this article, too bad others used it as their persona ... [Read More]
- 12:29:12, Mar 28th 2015 - vikefan 1 - To Thanks! About blindly following Obama and his governing policies, yo ... [Read More]
- 5:23:52, Mar 27th 2015 - Jimbo79 - Sure, small towns have overlapping news. It seems odd that one should foll ... [Read More]
- 5:18:28, Mar 27th 2015 - FountainFarmer - johnqpublic, To expand on my previous post:,Let me ask you a que ... [Read More]
Mon, May 23rd, 2011
Posted in Education
Posted in Education
It's pretty crazy that graduation day is finally here. I remember thinking that kindergarten and eighth grade graduations were a big deal, but they no longer compare to graduating from high school. As a little girl I was always thinking of what I wanted to be when I grew up. Well, now I'm all grown up and must now decide what I'm going to do for the rest of my life. I've always known that I would have a career in the medical field: doctor, nurse, dentist, surgeon and so on. Well, I've now decided to major in Pharmacy.
When it came time to choose a college the decision was rather simple. I wanted to go somewhere new and try something different. I'm independent as it is, so distance didn't seem to bother me. I visited only one college, applied to only one college, and only wanted to attend one college. The college that I am going to attend this fall is South Dakota State University in Brookings, SD. Now some of you may think, "How can you decide on a college without exploring your other options?" My answer to that would be, "If you know me at all, you know that once I get my mind set on something, that's how it is going to be."
To get to Brookings it takes four hours and thirty-nine minutes from my house. I'm excited to be on my own and be even more independent. But, I will miss my family and will look forward to my trips back home. A majority of my friends are staying closer to home, but I was ready for something new. Luckily, though, I am going to the same school as my best friend, and I can't wait!
To get ready for college this summer, I plan to waitress and bartend at Bent Wrench Bar and Grill to earn some money before I head off to college. Also, during the day, I plan to run as an EMT for the Preston Ambulance Service.
I'm very enthusiastic about next year, and I'm ready to start something new. I would like to thank my family, friends, and community for getting me to this point, I would not be the person that I am today without your help. Dr. Seuss once said, "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." To me, this quote sums it all up, only you can be yourself. If someone else doesn't think it's okay, then I guess it's his or her own problem. So chase your dreams and set goals, but most importantly, be your own person.