"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, March 6th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:21:57, Mar 6th 2015 - AGREED - RESPONSE TO DOC = Um HELLO!!! the point of the article and the feedback is t ... [Read More]
- 2:20:23, Mar 5th 2015 - doc - Excellent article. Now if the brainless idiots would do it. ... [Read More]
- 11:29:56, Mar 4th 2015 - SV 78 - OK fine we live by natural law. How does that apply to homosexuality? ... [Read More]
- 6:39:18, Mar 4th 2015 - disappointed - DOC.....WHY DO U THINK I WORK AT MAYO? BELIEVE ME WHEN MY CHILD GRADUAT ... [Read More]
- 11:11:29, Mar 3rd 2015 - doc - Apparently Harmony Telephone doesn't have billions in cash to spend on internet ... [Read More]
- 7:56:16, Mar 3rd 2015 - Bear - Why does the Journal even print this garbage? I would like to know the drugs t ... [Read More]
- 4:37:50, Mar 3rd 2015 - next - Now let's talk about the idiots who push there snow into the street. Even a 5th ... [Read More]
- 7:24:02, Mar 2nd 2015 - disappointed - I could work from home. But internet is not secure enough ... [Read More]
- 3:43:36, Mar 2nd 2015 - agreed - The cable and internet here is absolutely ridiculous. Harmony residents pay ... [Read More]
- 2:30:46, Mar 2nd 2015 - Be honest - Wood- That is true, but most people won't even spend that. Hopefully, th ... [Read More]
Mon, May 23rd, 2011
Posted in Education
Posted in Education
It's pretty crazy that graduation day is finally here. I remember thinking that kindergarten and eighth grade graduations were a big deal, but they no longer compare to graduating from high school. As a little girl I was always thinking of what I wanted to be when I grew up. Well, now I'm all grown up and must now decide what I'm going to do for the rest of my life. I've always known that I would have a career in the medical field: doctor, nurse, dentist, surgeon and so on. Well, I've now decided to major in Pharmacy.
When it came time to choose a college the decision was rather simple. I wanted to go somewhere new and try something different. I'm independent as it is, so distance didn't seem to bother me. I visited only one college, applied to only one college, and only wanted to attend one college. The college that I am going to attend this fall is South Dakota State University in Brookings, SD. Now some of you may think, "How can you decide on a college without exploring your other options?" My answer to that would be, "If you know me at all, you know that once I get my mind set on something, that's how it is going to be."
To get to Brookings it takes four hours and thirty-nine minutes from my house. I'm excited to be on my own and be even more independent. But, I will miss my family and will look forward to my trips back home. A majority of my friends are staying closer to home, but I was ready for something new. Luckily, though, I am going to the same school as my best friend, and I can't wait!
To get ready for college this summer, I plan to waitress and bartend at Bent Wrench Bar and Grill to earn some money before I head off to college. Also, during the day, I plan to run as an EMT for the Preston Ambulance Service.
I'm very enthusiastic about next year, and I'm ready to start something new. I would like to thank my family, friends, and community for getting me to this point, I would not be the person that I am today without your help. Dr. Seuss once said, "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." To me, this quote sums it all up, only you can be yourself. If someone else doesn't think it's okay, then I guess it's his or her own problem. So chase your dreams and set goals, but most importantly, be your own person.