"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, February 11th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:39:33, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - Hawkeye Also your blind devotion to Fox News. Did it ever occur to you that ... [Read More]
- 2:26:35, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - @Hawkeye 63 And your blind loyalty to anything and anybody to the far right ... [Read More]
- 1:44:23, Feb 9th 2016 - Taylor - @Rushford Man...you have a problem with me? Bring to me personally instead of ... [Read More]
- 1:16:28, Feb 9th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @ SV85, You are correct when you state the negative comments were mostly f ... [Read More]
- 11:31:59, Feb 9th 2016 - Rushford Man says - I am willing to pay more taxes for the new school. It will bene ... [Read More]
- 11:16:55, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - @Hawkeye63 I don't know how I can get you to address the main point of the a ... [Read More]
- 10:37:19, Feb 9th 2016 - @says - Quit whining. I would say the value of your farm / land has dramatically inc ... [Read More]
- 2:15:57, Feb 8th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - . SV 85, all your insults are for nothing. My skin is too thick to worry a ... [Read More]
- 7:28:40, Feb 8th 2016 - - In response to the free lifejackets. That would mean you are offering a way out for ... [Read More]
- 5:30:25, Feb 8th 2016 - wow - About time u r thinking of a parking lot! and another thing. U CAN'T reserve par ... [Read More]
Mon, May 23rd, 2011
Posted in Education
Posted in Education
My "title" of a High School Senior is coming to an end. This past year seemed to be in fast-forward. Through the year, I have spent most of my time trying to define who I really am, what I want to do, and where I see myself in the future. In the midst of it all, I lost touch with what really mattered; enjoying my last year of high school.
Writing what you truly feel is easy; it just comes naturally. With this being said, I'm not going to try and avoid sharing how I've really felt this past year. Honestly, it's been something I would never wish to experience again, yet I am so glad to have had these experiences. My struggles have made me into a much stronger and more compassionate person. Don't get me wrong, it isn't this way for everyone. I feel that through the responsibilities I have taken on and the things I've had to overcome inside and outside of school, I have matured as an individual.
"Everything happens for a reason," is a quote that has pertained to me through this year. As I look at some of the experiences I've had, I came to the realization that they have helped in choosing a career that would best suit me. I enjoy helping others, so it just makes sense for me to pursue a degree in Human Services.
When I started searching for my college of choice, I kept in mind what numerous people had told me; "You will just know." As soon as I stepped foot onto the campus at Upper Iowa University, I knew it was the place for me. It's close to home, yet far enough away so I can be independent. I can take two to three classes at a time, allowing me more focus in those areas.
The trials and tribulations I have encountered as a senior have helped me realize who I am, and who I want to become. I feel confident and ready to take on my next chapter in life; college. It is a time for "newness." There will be new beginnings, new friendships, new ideologies, new learning, and of course, a new me. Through the good and the bad times I have had up to this point, I will never forget the road that brought me to where I am today and where I will be in the future. For all the future seniors, when times get tough, just stay focused, buckle down, and fight your way through it. In the end, this will only prove that you will succeed at anything you set your mind to.