"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, July 31st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:08:40, Jul 31st 2015 - what? - Gary livingood....lol...U need to check the guy he lives with. Drugs! ... [Read More]
- 6:05:47, Jul 31st 2015 - Haha - Get the girl bully off the FC teams. ... [Read More]
- 12:21:49, Jul 29th 2015 - Wykoff Resident - PLEASE stop behaving like children. This is directed to the counc ... [Read More]
- 6:30:33, Jul 28th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - 999 OUT OF 1,00 TIMES I USUALLY DISAGREE OR FIND FAULT WITH YOUR COMMENT ... [Read More]
- 8:53:21, Jul 28th 2015 - CARON - I wish I would have known Jeanie. I've thought of you and Janet often over t ... [Read More]
- 12:01:31, Jul 27th 2015 - What - "Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the Unit ... [Read More]
- 11:25:05, Jul 27th 2015 - LOLZ - I think we're done here. ... [Read More]
- 9:58:11, Jul 26th 2015 - Paul - Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the United ... [Read More]
- 2:04:57, Jul 25th 2015 - chris - Just like they didn't plant cougars, bear, wolves, wild turkeys and who knows ... [Read More]
- 7:20:23, Jul 25th 2015 - LOLZ - Maybe we won't get any snow next winter. Might as well worry about it in July ... [Read More]
Mon, May 23rd, 2011
Posted in Education
Posted in Education
My "title" of a High School Senior is coming to an end. This past year seemed to be in fast-forward. Through the year, I have spent most of my time trying to define who I really am, what I want to do, and where I see myself in the future. In the midst of it all, I lost touch with what really mattered; enjoying my last year of high school.
Writing what you truly feel is easy; it just comes naturally. With this being said, I'm not going to try and avoid sharing how I've really felt this past year. Honestly, it's been something I would never wish to experience again, yet I am so glad to have had these experiences. My struggles have made me into a much stronger and more compassionate person. Don't get me wrong, it isn't this way for everyone. I feel that through the responsibilities I have taken on and the things I've had to overcome inside and outside of school, I have matured as an individual.
"Everything happens for a reason," is a quote that has pertained to me through this year. As I look at some of the experiences I've had, I came to the realization that they have helped in choosing a career that would best suit me. I enjoy helping others, so it just makes sense for me to pursue a degree in Human Services.
When I started searching for my college of choice, I kept in mind what numerous people had told me; "You will just know." As soon as I stepped foot onto the campus at Upper Iowa University, I knew it was the place for me. It's close to home, yet far enough away so I can be independent. I can take two to three classes at a time, allowing me more focus in those areas.
The trials and tribulations I have encountered as a senior have helped me realize who I am, and who I want to become. I feel confident and ready to take on my next chapter in life; college. It is a time for "newness." There will be new beginnings, new friendships, new ideologies, new learning, and of course, a new me. Through the good and the bad times I have had up to this point, I will never forget the road that brought me to where I am today and where I will be in the future. For all the future seniors, when times get tough, just stay focused, buckle down, and fight your way through it. In the end, this will only prove that you will succeed at anything you set your mind to.