"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, March 29th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:05:13, Mar 28th 2015 - Fillmore mom - I really enjoyed this article, too bad others used it as their persona ... [Read More]
- 12:29:12, Mar 28th 2015 - vikefan 1 - To Thanks! About blindly following Obama and his governing policies, yo ... [Read More]
- 5:23:52, Mar 27th 2015 - Jimbo79 - Sure, small towns have overlapping news. It seems odd that one should foll ... [Read More]
- 5:18:28, Mar 27th 2015 - FountainFarmer - johnqpublic, To expand on my previous post:,Let me ask you a que ... [Read More]
- 4:44:20, Mar 27th 2015 - Thanks! - I have read your articles for quite awhile now, always amazed that you seem ... [Read More]
- 4:26:44, Mar 27th 2015 - FountainFarmer - johnqpublic, So what if the Bluff Valley Reader had an article ... [Read More]
- 3:09:10, Mar 27th 2015 - johnqpublic - This looks familiar...where else have I read this? Just looks so famil ... [Read More]
- 10:51:48, Mar 27th 2015 - Vikefan 1 - Thanks, Mr. Van Gorp, for speaking out. I'm 100% with you. ... [Read More]
- 10:08:12, Mar 26th 2015 - saverton - Love your story Jim. . . . Good Job! ... [Read More]
- 12:35:40, Mar 26th 2015 - luver of all things left - Sorry pal, I'm kind of new to this. I'll use spellcheck f ... [Read More]
Mon, May 23rd, 2011
Posted in Education
Posted in Education
Moving up in the world! It is going to be a big change going from high school to college. I will be going from teachers telling me to get assignments in to teachers that won't warn me, and going from living rent free to having to pay rent. I will also have to quit procrastinating and start planning on getting things done ahead of time. This is going to be my next phase in life.
As I am completing my senior year of high school I already know what I am going to be doing this coming fall. I am going to be attending RCTC to further my education. I am planning on majoring in accounting. My plan is to move to Rochester and live with a couple of friends that also attend RCTC. As I attend RCTC I hope to be a part of the softball team. I am looking forward to still being part of a team and continuing to play a sport that I love. I will also still be able to experience the competitive sports I am use to from high school. This should help me meet new friends.
After I attend RCTC for two years and complete my AA degree, I will then transfer to a four year college to finish my degree in accounting. My final goal is to become a Certified Public Accountant (CPA). I then hope to obtain a job at a major company. I feel it would be challenging to try and find solutions to make a company more successful. This would be very rewarding.
I am excited to go to the next phase of my life to see what I can accomplish on my own. I feel I am ready for all of the responsibility and for everything about college. I am willing to meet new people that will make me step outside of my shell. I want to learn so many new things and someday meet up with my high school friends and share with them what I have experienced.