"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, July 7th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:19:55, Jul 7th 2015 - Let's talk - What about the sports down there. Remember what happened to the stewart ... [Read More]
- 5:36:12, Jul 1st 2015 - - And on the News they show the female pitcher hits the girl up at bat. Lol668 ... [Read More]
- 2:59:22, Jun 28th 2015 - livin' the dream - 1. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make reco ... [Read More]
- 9:36:21, Jun 27th 2015 - SV80 - To Jeez: Anybody who denies global warming or any other scientific propositio ... [Read More]
- 5:41:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Remark1976 - Maybe? Do you realize that when a building referendum for a new scho ... [Read More]
- 2:35:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 2:33:37, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 1:26:30, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ grehl- all you libs talk and talk about gun control and taking and ... [Read More]
- 12:37:22, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ SV80- 1) the whole idea of a set in stone time table is silly, acc ... [Read More]
- 10:30:23, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Kim Wentworth: Let's take your points one by one. (1) "you set your foreig ... [Read More]
Have you ever been injured while shooting off fireworks?
Mon, May 23rd, 2011
Posted in Sports
Posted in Sports
There is an old saying; familiarity breeds contempt. That may not apply to the gentleman's game of golf per se. Nonetheless, Lanesboro and Fillmore Central's boys' golfers got very comfortable with each other. They saw each other on back-to-back nights. First, the two schools drove to Lake City to do battle. In the eight-team tourney also featuring PEM, W-K, R-P, Stewartville, and Houston (and the host squad), the Burros nipped the Falcons for first 335 to 337 at the par-71, 18-hole Lake City Golf Club. PEM finished a distant (347) third. R-P (360) finished 5th. Individually, Cory Strom (L) nipped Peter Rislove (FC) atop the leaderboard (78, 79). Burro's Braden Hanson and Lucas Johnson tied for 4th (82's). FC's Matt Guttormson (85) and Drew Bahl (86) finished 6-7. R-P's Justin Boyum matched Bahl's 86. Twenty-four hours later, the Burros headed highway 52-south to Harmony's par-36 course. Upon heading back to 'the 'Boro', they were again narrowly victorious (163-167). Cory Strom again walked away triumphant, shooting a two-over-par 38. Falcon's Andy Todd and Rislove notched 40's, as did Lanesboro's Johnson. Hanson (L) had a 42, Bahl (FC) a 43. It was the first dual-meet loss for the Falcons. The Burros improved to 2-3, though their losses are by a combined three strokes (and a tie-breaker).