"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, March 6th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:20:23, Mar 5th 2015 - doc - Excellent article. Now if the brainless idiots would do it. ... [Read More]
- 11:29:56, Mar 4th 2015 - SV 78 - OK fine we live by natural law. How does that apply to homosexuality? ... [Read More]
- 6:39:18, Mar 4th 2015 - disappointed - DOC.....WHY DO U THINK I WORK AT MAYO? BELIEVE ME WHEN MY CHILD GRADUAT ... [Read More]
- 11:11:29, Mar 3rd 2015 - doc - Apparently Harmony Telephone doesn't have billions in cash to spend on internet ... [Read More]
- 7:56:16, Mar 3rd 2015 - Bear - Why does the Journal even print this garbage? I would like to know the drugs t ... [Read More]
- 4:37:50, Mar 3rd 2015 - next - Now let's talk about the idiots who push there snow into the street. Even a 5th ... [Read More]
- 7:24:02, Mar 2nd 2015 - disappointed - I could work from home. But internet is not secure enough ... [Read More]
- 3:43:36, Mar 2nd 2015 - agreed - The cable and internet here is absolutely ridiculous. Harmony residents pay ... [Read More]
- 2:30:46, Mar 2nd 2015 - Be honest - Wood- That is true, but most people won't even spend that. Hopefully, th ... [Read More]
- 10:14:18, Mar 2nd 2015 - Wood - Be Honest, you can ask the Minnesota Information Policy Analysis Division (IPA ... [Read More]
Do you feel we should give up on observing Punxsutawney Phil to predict the remaining length of winter?
Mon, May 23rd, 2011
Posted in Sports
Posted in Sports
There is an old saying; familiarity breeds contempt. That may not apply to the gentleman's game of golf per se. Nonetheless, Lanesboro and Fillmore Central's boys' golfers got very comfortable with each other. They saw each other on back-to-back nights. First, the two schools drove to Lake City to do battle. In the eight-team tourney also featuring PEM, W-K, R-P, Stewartville, and Houston (and the host squad), the Burros nipped the Falcons for first 335 to 337 at the par-71, 18-hole Lake City Golf Club. PEM finished a distant (347) third. R-P (360) finished 5th. Individually, Cory Strom (L) nipped Peter Rislove (FC) atop the leaderboard (78, 79). Burro's Braden Hanson and Lucas Johnson tied for 4th (82's). FC's Matt Guttormson (85) and Drew Bahl (86) finished 6-7. R-P's Justin Boyum matched Bahl's 86. Twenty-four hours later, the Burros headed highway 52-south to Harmony's par-36 course. Upon heading back to 'the 'Boro', they were again narrowly victorious (163-167). Cory Strom again walked away triumphant, shooting a two-over-par 38. Falcon's Andy Todd and Rislove notched 40's, as did Lanesboro's Johnson. Hanson (L) had a 42, Bahl (FC) a 43. It was the first dual-meet loss for the Falcons. The Burros improved to 2-3, though their losses are by a combined three strokes (and a tie-breaker).