"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:35:47, Sep 2nd 2014 - wtf - Because I can! At least I don't sit and argue with people like you do mister no ... [Read More]
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
Which school facilities in our area do you feel demonstrate the highest level of security for students and faculty?
Mon, May 23rd, 2011
Posted in Sports
Posted in Sports
There is an old saying; familiarity breeds contempt. That may not apply to the gentleman's game of golf per se. Nonetheless, Lanesboro and Fillmore Central's boys' golfers got very comfortable with each other. They saw each other on back-to-back nights. First, the two schools drove to Lake City to do battle. In the eight-team tourney also featuring PEM, W-K, R-P, Stewartville, and Houston (and the host squad), the Burros nipped the Falcons for first 335 to 337 at the par-71, 18-hole Lake City Golf Club. PEM finished a distant (347) third. R-P (360) finished 5th. Individually, Cory Strom (L) nipped Peter Rislove (FC) atop the leaderboard (78, 79). Burro's Braden Hanson and Lucas Johnson tied for 4th (82's). FC's Matt Guttormson (85) and Drew Bahl (86) finished 6-7. R-P's Justin Boyum matched Bahl's 86. Twenty-four hours later, the Burros headed highway 52-south to Harmony's par-36 course. Upon heading back to 'the 'Boro', they were again narrowly victorious (163-167). Cory Strom again walked away triumphant, shooting a two-over-par 38. Falcon's Andy Todd and Rislove notched 40's, as did Lanesboro's Johnson. Hanson (L) had a 42, Bahl (FC) a 43. It was the first dual-meet loss for the Falcons. The Burros improved to 2-3, though their losses are by a combined three strokes (and a tie-breaker).