"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, January 31st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:27:51, Jan 31st 2015 - olcrammy - wow! i wanna be just like him! ... [Read More]
- 8:42:55, Jan 30th 2015 - neighbor - Fountain farmer. We have tried everything! What r we to do! U know they st ... [Read More]
- 9:42:36, Jan 30th 2015 - FountainFarmer - neighbor, in your mind my comments might make me appear I want to st ... [Read More]
- 5:17:15, Jan 30th 2015 - neighbor - Harmony rocks.....had to call the cops 3 times before they came! So there ... [Read More]
- 5:15:25, Jan 30th 2015 - whatever - Agree who do these parents think they are. They just look like fools! I th ... [Read More]
- 1:25:03, Jan 29th 2015 - justhearing - Agree with the lack of sportsmanship in the FC stands. Too much loud c ... [Read More]
- 8:37:09, Jan 28th 2015 - state medalist - Good post, love it! ... [Read More]
- 6:36:47, Jan 28th 2015 - blueberry - With 90 vendors it sounds like there are lots of antiques! ... [Read More]
- 6:33:07, Jan 28th 2015 - penny4yourthoughts - I don't think that they lack good sportsmanship at FC, I just th ... [Read More]
- 1:48:35, Jan 28th 2015 - Harmony Rocks - Whatever....I drove behind the school the other night, and watched a ... [Read More]
Do you support the Presidents proposal for the first two years of community college to be completely free?
Mon, May 23rd, 2011
Posted in Sports
Posted in Sports
There is an old saying; familiarity breeds contempt. That may not apply to the gentleman's game of golf per se. Nonetheless, Lanesboro and Fillmore Central's boys' golfers got very comfortable with each other. They saw each other on back-to-back nights. First, the two schools drove to Lake City to do battle. In the eight-team tourney also featuring PEM, W-K, R-P, Stewartville, and Houston (and the host squad), the Burros nipped the Falcons for first 335 to 337 at the par-71, 18-hole Lake City Golf Club. PEM finished a distant (347) third. R-P (360) finished 5th. Individually, Cory Strom (L) nipped Peter Rislove (FC) atop the leaderboard (78, 79). Burro's Braden Hanson and Lucas Johnson tied for 4th (82's). FC's Matt Guttormson (85) and Drew Bahl (86) finished 6-7. R-P's Justin Boyum matched Bahl's 86. Twenty-four hours later, the Burros headed highway 52-south to Harmony's par-36 course. Upon heading back to 'the 'Boro', they were again narrowly victorious (163-167). Cory Strom again walked away triumphant, shooting a two-over-par 38. Falcon's Andy Todd and Rislove notched 40's, as did Lanesboro's Johnson. Hanson (L) had a 42, Bahl (FC) a 43. It was the first dual-meet loss for the Falcons. The Burros improved to 2-3, though their losses are by a combined three strokes (and a tie-breaker).