"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, August 29th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
Which school facilities in our area do you feel demonstrate the highest level of security for students and faculty?
Mon, May 16th, 2011
Posted in Sports
Posted in Sports
Numbers can be deceiving. The 7-0 Southland Rebels baseball team entered their (second) match-up with GMLOK, ranked #1 in the Class A. The Bulldogs entered 2-6, unranked. As the game played out, GMLOK's hitters stood out more prominently. Caleb Leichtnam went 3-4 and stole four bases (the team stole 11). Alan McCaulley was 2-4 with 2 RBI's. Sophomore Marshall Oeltjen went 2-3 (4 RBI's) and hit his first career home run, a 3-run blast in the top of the 5th inning that gave the visiting team a 7-5 lead. The Rebels best hitter was Drew Loecher (2-4, 3 RBI's). But GMLOK was denied an upset for a couple reasons: balanced hitting, something the Rebels got, and walks. Southland's only pitcher, Adam Keiffer, issued just two (while whiffing 14). GMLOK's hurlers combined for seven. The costly ones were the five in the bottom of the 5th, the inning Southland scored the pivotal four runs of the game. The final was Rebels 10, Bulldogs 7. Southland remained undefeated, momentarily....