"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, January 29th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:25:03, Jan 29th 2015 - justhearing - Agree with the lack of sportsmanship in the FC stands. Too much loud c ... [Read More]
- 8:37:09, Jan 28th 2015 - state medalist - Good post, love it! ... [Read More]
- 6:36:47, Jan 28th 2015 - blueberry - With 90 vendors it sounds like there are lots of antiques! ... [Read More]
- 6:33:07, Jan 28th 2015 - penny4yourthoughts - I don't think that they lack good sportsmanship at FC, I just th ... [Read More]
- 1:48:35, Jan 28th 2015 - Harmony Rocks - Whatever....I drove behind the school the other night, and watched a ... [Read More]
- 7:13:43, Jan 27th 2015 - state medalist - Yes u r right penny4for your thoughts....good sportsmanship, that's ... [Read More]
- 8:08:51, Jan 26th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - COACH VIX? NOTHING BUT A CLASS ACT! CONGRATULATIONS AND MANY MORE. ... [Read More]
- 8:35:52, Jan 26th 2015 - doc - Great. Now to get more antiques in there. ... [Read More]
- 6:25:24, Jan 26th 2015 - neighbor - Who do u think you are...fountain farmer....seen your other posts you seem ... [Read More]
- 6:23:31, Jan 26th 2015 - whatever - Fountain farmer because the cops don't care. And want to show how disrespe ... [Read More]
Do you support the Presidents proposal for the first two years of community college to be completely free?
Mon, May 16th, 2011
Posted in Sports
Posted in Sports
Numbers can be deceiving. The 7-0 Southland Rebels baseball team entered their (second) match-up with GMLOK, ranked #1 in the Class A. The Bulldogs entered 2-6, unranked. As the game played out, GMLOK's hitters stood out more prominently. Caleb Leichtnam went 3-4 and stole four bases (the team stole 11). Alan McCaulley was 2-4 with 2 RBI's. Sophomore Marshall Oeltjen went 2-3 (4 RBI's) and hit his first career home run, a 3-run blast in the top of the 5th inning that gave the visiting team a 7-5 lead. The Rebels best hitter was Drew Loecher (2-4, 3 RBI's). But GMLOK was denied an upset for a couple reasons: balanced hitting, something the Rebels got, and walks. Southland's only pitcher, Adam Keiffer, issued just two (while whiffing 14). GMLOK's hurlers combined for seven. The costly ones were the five in the bottom of the 5th, the inning Southland scored the pivotal four runs of the game. The final was Rebels 10, Bulldogs 7. Southland remained undefeated, momentarily....