"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, February 1st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:26:11, Jan 31st 2015 - REDHORSE51 - I think after getting screwed by the Rushford School District, the City ... [Read More]
- 2:13:41, Jan 31st 2015 - Harmony Rocks - Neighbor......ever think the cop may have been on another call, and h ... [Read More]
- 9:27:51, Jan 31st 2015 - olcrammy - wow! i wanna be just like him! ... [Read More]
- 8:42:55, Jan 30th 2015 - neighbor - Fountain farmer. We have tried everything! What r we to do! U know they st ... [Read More]
- 9:42:36, Jan 30th 2015 - FountainFarmer - neighbor, in your mind my comments might make me appear I want to st ... [Read More]
- 5:17:15, Jan 30th 2015 - neighbor - Harmony rocks.....had to call the cops 3 times before they came! So there ... [Read More]
- 5:15:25, Jan 30th 2015 - whatever - Agree who do these parents think they are. They just look like fools! I th ... [Read More]
- 1:25:03, Jan 29th 2015 - justhearing - Agree with the lack of sportsmanship in the FC stands. Too much loud c ... [Read More]
- 8:37:09, Jan 28th 2015 - state medalist - Good post, love it! ... [Read More]
- 6:36:47, Jan 28th 2015 - blueberry - With 90 vendors it sounds like there are lots of antiques! ... [Read More]
Do you support the Presidents proposal for the first two years of community college to be completely free?
Mon, May 16th, 2011
Posted in Sports
Posted in Sports
Numbers can be deceiving. The 7-0 Southland Rebels baseball team entered their (second) match-up with GMLOK, ranked #1 in the Class A. The Bulldogs entered 2-6, unranked. As the game played out, GMLOK's hitters stood out more prominently. Caleb Leichtnam went 3-4 and stole four bases (the team stole 11). Alan McCaulley was 2-4 with 2 RBI's. Sophomore Marshall Oeltjen went 2-3 (4 RBI's) and hit his first career home run, a 3-run blast in the top of the 5th inning that gave the visiting team a 7-5 lead. The Rebels best hitter was Drew Loecher (2-4, 3 RBI's). But GMLOK was denied an upset for a couple reasons: balanced hitting, something the Rebels got, and walks. Southland's only pitcher, Adam Keiffer, issued just two (while whiffing 14). GMLOK's hurlers combined for seven. The costly ones were the five in the bottom of the 5th, the inning Southland scored the pivotal four runs of the game. The final was Rebels 10, Bulldogs 7. Southland remained undefeated, momentarily....