"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, February 27th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:15:26, Feb 27th 2015 - Who? - Who is the attorney? This sounds familiar of another small town not to far aw ... [Read More]
- 3:09:41, Feb 27th 2015 - What? - "He has been sustained through the huge challenges of the last six years by h ... [Read More]
- 2:59:54, Feb 27th 2015 - BIG ISSUE - One big issue is the terrible internet and cable - There are many people ... [Read More]
- 2:26:10, Feb 27th 2015 - Public Information - Anyone know who the city attorney is for Peterson? ... [Read More]
- 7:18:47, Feb 27th 2015 - WhaT@JoKE - Happy to see i am not the only one that sees the Bully in Fountain farmer ... [Read More]
- 6:51:38, Feb 27th 2015 - OH WOW - Fountain farmer there u go again trying to start a fight. U know there is fr ... [Read More]
- 3:01:47, Feb 26th 2015 - FountainFarmer - doc, I'm a recording secretary for an organization and items like ... [Read More]
- 2:42:22, Feb 25th 2015 - doc - Oh, FountainFarmer, the 3.2 license was just renewed then. That's big news. ... [Read More]
- 4:38:18, Feb 24th 2015 - FountainFarmer - doc, Most Kwik Trips carry a limited selection of beers, hence t ... [Read More]
- 12:01:47, Feb 24th 2015 - FamilyvCompany - During my time fundraising when I was in high school, Kwik Trip had ... [Read More]
Do you feel we should give up on observing Punxsutawney Phil to predict the remaining length of winter?
Fri, Jun 3rd, 2011
Posted in Sports
Posted in Sports
The second-seeded Chatfield's gals put it on 7-seed Fillmore Central-Lanesboro early in a quarterfinal game of the Section 1AA softball tournament. With a 5-run first and a 2-run second, the Gophers seemed well on their way (up 7 to nil) to a quick, possibly inning-shortened, win. But in the third, FCL scored a couple of runs. They added another in the 4th and two-more in the 5th, ousting Gopher starting pitcher Grace Sagdalen. With the score 8-5, Katie Jech entered and mostly silenced the Falcon's bats. She allowed just 1 run on 2 hits over the final three innings. The Gophers added a run, out-hit the Falcons 13 to 6, and walked away victorious, 9-6. Senior Erika LaPlante was thorough in her game-book-stuffing (3-4, 2B, SB, RBI, 4 R). MaKenzie Miller and Tori Woltz (2-4, 2B, 2 RBI's) provided run-scoring offense. Alyssa Nihart also notched a pair of hits. Chelsea Rislove was 2-4 for FCL, who finished their season 7-13.