"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, February 27th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:55:27, Feb 27th 2015 - oh wow - Really people. Having a fit about Kwik Trip and a beer license? Get a lif ... [Read More]
- 3:15:26, Feb 27th 2015 - Who? - Who is the attorney? This sounds familiar of another small town not to far aw ... [Read More]
- 3:09:41, Feb 27th 2015 - What? - "He has been sustained through the huge challenges of the last six years by h ... [Read More]
- 2:59:54, Feb 27th 2015 - BIG ISSUE - One big issue is the terrible internet and cable - There are many people ... [Read More]
- 2:26:10, Feb 27th 2015 - Public Information - Anyone know who the city attorney is for Peterson? ... [Read More]
- 7:18:47, Feb 27th 2015 - WhaT@JoKE - Happy to see i am not the only one that sees the Bully in Fountain farmer ... [Read More]
- 6:51:38, Feb 27th 2015 - OH WOW - Fountain farmer there u go again trying to start a fight. U know there is fr ... [Read More]
- 3:01:47, Feb 26th 2015 - FountainFarmer - doc, I'm a recording secretary for an organization and items like ... [Read More]
- 2:42:22, Feb 25th 2015 - doc - Oh, FountainFarmer, the 3.2 license was just renewed then. That's big news. ... [Read More]
- 4:38:18, Feb 24th 2015 - FountainFarmer - doc, Most Kwik Trips carry a limited selection of beers, hence t ... [Read More]
Do you feel we should give up on observing Punxsutawney Phil to predict the remaining length of winter?
Fri, Jun 3rd, 2011
Posted in Sports
Posted in Sports
Losing is never fun. Losses in competitive games particularly hurt. Losing games that go-beyond regulation, ones where victory seems so close at some point, are excruciating, especially in the play-offs. The 5th seeded Rushford-Peterson gals unfortunately got to feel that kind of sting in their Section 1A East quarterfinal contest with (4th seeded) Wabasha-Kellogg. A normal 7-inning game was not enough for R-P and W-K, nor was 8 or 9 innings. In the top of the 10th, Trojan Kenzie Lind singled and Kendra Crawford promptly drove her in with a double. R-P propelled ahead 6-5. W-K responded with a leadoff Katie Leisen double. But with 2-outs, she was still at second base (another runner was on first). The Trojans were one-out away from a big victory. The batter at the plate was W-K 9-hitter Raini Staudacher. In one fail-unfair-swoop (to R-P), the junior outfielder delivered with a hit to the right center gap. Staudacher's walk-off triple scored both Falcons runs, giving W-K the bottom of 10th victory. Lind (4-5, RBI) and Leisen (3-5, RBI) paced their respective teams. Unpretty affair; the squads combined for 13 errors. The Trojans finish the year 8-12.