"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, July 3rd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:36:12, Jul 1st 2015 - - And on the News they show the female pitcher hits the girl up at bat. Lol668 ... [Read More]
- 2:59:22, Jun 28th 2015 - livin' the dream - 1. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make reco ... [Read More]
- 9:36:21, Jun 27th 2015 - SV80 - To Jeez: Anybody who denies global warming or any other scientific propositio ... [Read More]
- 5:41:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Remark1976 - Maybe? Do you realize that when a building referendum for a new scho ... [Read More]
- 2:35:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 2:33:37, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 1:26:30, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ grehl- all you libs talk and talk about gun control and taking and ... [Read More]
- 12:37:22, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ SV80- 1) the whole idea of a set in stone time table is silly, acc ... [Read More]
- 10:30:23, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Kim Wentworth: Let's take your points one by one. (1) "you set your foreig ... [Read More]
- 9:49:35, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Well said, LOLZ ... [Read More]
Have you ever been injured while shooting off fireworks?
Fri, Jun 3rd, 2011
Posted in Sports
Posted in Sports
Losing is never fun. Losses in competitive games particularly hurt. Losing games that go-beyond regulation, ones where victory seems so close at some point, are excruciating, especially in the play-offs. The 5th seeded Rushford-Peterson gals unfortunately got to feel that kind of sting in their Section 1A East quarterfinal contest with (4th seeded) Wabasha-Kellogg. A normal 7-inning game was not enough for R-P and W-K, nor was 8 or 9 innings. In the top of the 10th, Trojan Kenzie Lind singled and Kendra Crawford promptly drove her in with a double. R-P propelled ahead 6-5. W-K responded with a leadoff Katie Leisen double. But with 2-outs, she was still at second base (another runner was on first). The Trojans were one-out away from a big victory. The batter at the plate was W-K 9-hitter Raini Staudacher. In one fail-unfair-swoop (to R-P), the junior outfielder delivered with a hit to the right center gap. Staudacher's walk-off triple scored both Falcons runs, giving W-K the bottom of 10th victory. Lind (4-5, RBI) and Leisen (3-5, RBI) paced their respective teams. Unpretty affair; the squads combined for 13 errors. The Trojans finish the year 8-12.