"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, January 31st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:27:51, Jan 31st 2015 - olcrammy - wow! i wanna be just like him! ... [Read More]
- 8:42:55, Jan 30th 2015 - neighbor - Fountain farmer. We have tried everything! What r we to do! U know they st ... [Read More]
- 9:42:36, Jan 30th 2015 - FountainFarmer - neighbor, in your mind my comments might make me appear I want to st ... [Read More]
- 5:17:15, Jan 30th 2015 - neighbor - Harmony rocks.....had to call the cops 3 times before they came! So there ... [Read More]
- 5:15:25, Jan 30th 2015 - whatever - Agree who do these parents think they are. They just look like fools! I th ... [Read More]
- 1:25:03, Jan 29th 2015 - justhearing - Agree with the lack of sportsmanship in the FC stands. Too much loud c ... [Read More]
- 8:37:09, Jan 28th 2015 - state medalist - Good post, love it! ... [Read More]
- 6:36:47, Jan 28th 2015 - blueberry - With 90 vendors it sounds like there are lots of antiques! ... [Read More]
- 6:33:07, Jan 28th 2015 - penny4yourthoughts - I don't think that they lack good sportsmanship at FC, I just th ... [Read More]
- 1:48:35, Jan 28th 2015 - Harmony Rocks - Whatever....I drove behind the school the other night, and watched a ... [Read More]
Do you support the Presidents proposal for the first two years of community college to be completely free?
Fri, Jun 10th, 2011
Posted in Sports
Posted in Sports
For spring sports, the town of Lanesboro only has two activities composed of all Burro athletes, boys and girls golf. Each made the Section 1A golf tournament at the Jewel in Lake City. The boys, in convincing fashion, are moving on to state. After finishing runner-up to Houston in the East Sub-Sectional, the Burros guys (340) downed their SEC rival (365), plus Faribault B.A. (370) and Blooming Prarie (380). Cory Strom, an individual state participant last year, topped the leaderboard (medalled) with a seven-over-par 78. Liam and Dakota Dorn tied for 4th (85) and 10th (87) respectively. Both Lucas Johnson and C.D. Hanson shot 90's. R-P's Justin Boyum and FC's Peter Rislove each qualified for state solo by shooting 82 (3rd place) and 85 (4th place) respectively. Boyum went last year with R-P's team. As for the Lady Burros, they finished second just as convincingly as their male counterparts did first. Juggernaut Lewiston-Altura (they had the top three finishers) out-shot the girls 373 to 391. The Cards also topped the Burros in the East Sub-Sectional days earlier. With a 94, Paige Hungerholt tied for 3rd and will be taking a third consecutive trip to state. Two years ago, she went with the team. Last year, she went solo and finished 10th. FC's Jessie Tammel picked a good day to shoot 95. It placed her 7th and earned her a state birth also. Burro Bryn Harmon's 97 was two strokes off state pace. Dana Sautter (99) and Kiah Halvorson (101) rounded out the Lady Burros team finishers. The state Class A golf meet is scheduled for June 15 and 16th at Pebble Creek in Becker, MN. In 1AA golf, only Kingsland senior Andrea Clement handled her clubs sufficiently enough to swing them again (at state). She finished 8th (173) at the section meet at Eastwood Golf Course, fifteen strokes behind medallist Jordan Price of Byron. The Red Wing gals and Byron boys won respective team 1AA titles. The AA golf meet is scheduled for The Ridges in Jordan MN on June 15-16.