"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, September 1st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
Which school facilities in our area do you feel demonstrate the highest level of security for students and faculty?
Fri, Jun 10th, 2011
Posted in Sports
Posted in Sports
For spring sports, the town of Lanesboro only has two activities composed of all Burro athletes, boys and girls golf. Each made the Section 1A golf tournament at the Jewel in Lake City. The boys, in convincing fashion, are moving on to state. After finishing runner-up to Houston in the East Sub-Sectional, the Burros guys (340) downed their SEC rival (365), plus Faribault B.A. (370) and Blooming Prarie (380). Cory Strom, an individual state participant last year, topped the leaderboard (medalled) with a seven-over-par 78. Liam and Dakota Dorn tied for 4th (85) and 10th (87) respectively. Both Lucas Johnson and C.D. Hanson shot 90's. R-P's Justin Boyum and FC's Peter Rislove each qualified for state solo by shooting 82 (3rd place) and 85 (4th place) respectively. Boyum went last year with R-P's team. As for the Lady Burros, they finished second just as convincingly as their male counterparts did first. Juggernaut Lewiston-Altura (they had the top three finishers) out-shot the girls 373 to 391. The Cards also topped the Burros in the East Sub-Sectional days earlier. With a 94, Paige Hungerholt tied for 3rd and will be taking a third consecutive trip to state. Two years ago, she went with the team. Last year, she went solo and finished 10th. FC's Jessie Tammel picked a good day to shoot 95. It placed her 7th and earned her a state birth also. Burro Bryn Harmon's 97 was two strokes off state pace. Dana Sautter (99) and Kiah Halvorson (101) rounded out the Lady Burros team finishers. The state Class A golf meet is scheduled for June 15 and 16th at Pebble Creek in Becker, MN. In 1AA golf, only Kingsland senior Andrea Clement handled her clubs sufficiently enough to swing them again (at state). She finished 8th (173) at the section meet at Eastwood Golf Course, fifteen strokes behind medallist Jordan Price of Byron. The Red Wing gals and Byron boys won respective team 1AA titles. The AA golf meet is scheduled for The Ridges in Jordan MN on June 15-16.