Merchants Bank will be donating five cents each time a Merchants Bank credit card or debit card is used between August 1-8, up to a total of $10,000, to area food shelves during “Swipe Out Hunger,” the bank’s fifth annual Facebook Giveaway.
The “Swipe Out Hunger” giveaway will work like this:
Supporters of area food shelves will be able to vote once per day between August 1-8 for their chosen food shelves on the Merchants Bank Facebook page (www.facebook.com/merchantsbank).
At the end of the giveaway, the food shelves with the top three vote totals will receive donations of $2,500 for first place, $1,500 for second place and $1,000 for third place. All other food shelves will evenly split the remaining $5,000.
Participating food shelves were nominated by Merchants Bank locations (Bank locations making the nomination are noted in parentheses). A number of locations nominated the same food shelf based on which organization serves the needs of their community. Participating this year are:
• 360 Communities (Lakeville)
• Cannon Falls Food Shelf (Cannon Falls)
• Channel 1 (Rochester)
• Feed My People (Eau Claire)
• Friends in Need Food Shelf (Cottage Grove)
• Hastings Family Service (Hastings)
• The Hunger Task Force (Onalaska)
• La Crescent Food Share (La Crescent)
• The Open Door Pantry (Apple Valley and Rosemount)
• Randolph Food Shelf (Hampton)
• Semcac (Caledonia, Lanesboro, Rushford, Spring Grove)
• Hometown Resource Center (St. Charles)
• Winona Volunteer Services (Winona, Lakeside, Goodview)
Last year, Merchants Bank donated $10,146.67 to local food shelves through Swipe Out Hunger and 5,841 votes were cast. Everyone is invited to vote for your favorite food shelf by visiting the Merchants Bank Facebook page during the campaign (August 1-8).
Merchants Bank has 21 locations, including Minnesota locations in Rushford, Lanesboro, Caledonia, Spring Grove, Winona, St. Charles, Goodview, Rochester, La Crescent, Cannon Falls, Red Wing, Hampton, and the southern Twin Cities metropolitan suburbs of Apple Valley, Cottage Grove, Hastings, Lakeville and Rosemount. Merchants has Wisconsin locations in Eau Claire and Onalaska. All banks are FDIC members. Twin Cities-based Merchants Bank Equipment Finance is also a division of Merchants Bank, N.A.