- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - email@example.com - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
Strolling down the quiet streets of Lanesboro is like taking a step back in time. The downtown area is listed on the National Register of Historic Places...and for good reason! The two and three story frame, brick and stone buildings have changed very little since they were first built by immigrants who settled here a century and a half ago. The businesses afford the community with all basic services, but starting mid-week through Sunday the city is invaded by visitors looking for that different experience, that place for relaxation, invigorating fresh air, breathtaking scenic beauty and mind stimulation.
Come and explore the many gift and antique shops. Sample the locally made delicacies downtown and various fruit wines produced right here at the local winery. During summer you'll find a fresh vegetable vendor or two on the corner. Wednesdays and Fridays the Lanesboro Livestock Commission conducts auctions. Farmers from the tri-state area bring in their livestock for these auctions and other special auctions. Saturdays are good days to catch an estate household auction. Church and social group dinners and bake sales are an added treat from time to time.
Bed and Breakfasts in and near Lanesboro and modern cabins in the city provide rooms for the overnight traveler, the weekend explorer or the family vacation.
The community provides a myriad of recreationalofferings. The Root River, which winds right through the middle of town, is excellent for canoeing, tubing and fishing.
The State DNR Fish Hatchery, located at Lanesboro, produces more trout per year than any other state hatchery. Weekday and special tours are available. Trout fishermen delight in the knowledge that nearly all the trout raised at the Lanesboro Hatchery are stocked in local streams.[Read the Rest]
Vernon was born September 5, 1923 in Preble Township, Fillmore County, M .....
[Read the Rest]
Gladys Judith Williams was born May 15, 1907, on the Humble farm at Highland Prairie, moved to North Dakota with her family when she was 3 months old and retu .....
[Read the Rest]
Ronald was born Aug. 28, 1935, in Decorah to Levi and Esther (Rotvold) Thorson. He graduated .....
[Read the Rest]