JULY 21, 2020 – Fillmore County currently has 48 COVID-19 cases. From July 9 to July 21, 2020, the Minnesota Department of Health noted that Fillmore County had 19 cases, which is 40% of all identified cases.
Fillmore County Public Health has observed an increase in the number of COVID-19 cases associated with events and mass gatherings. Case investigation conducted over the past two weeks has identified that 14 of the 19 cases live within the 55961, 55975, and 55990 zip code areas. Twelve of the cases remain in isolation.
Fillmore County Public Health Public works with cases to identify the people they have been within six feet of for more than fifteen minutes. People who meet this definition are considered contacts. Contacts are provided with education and asked to quarantine or stay home for 14 days after the last time they were exposed to a person with COVID-19. Based upon contact tracing of the 14 cases, 86 contacts were identified and are currently in quarantine. All 86 people have the potential of becoming ill with COVID-19.
Routine reporting of COVID-19 cases is available by gender and age on the Fillmore County website. As clusters of cases are identified, Fillmore County Public Health may release specific media regarding the involved zip code areas.
Fillmore County Public Health encourages all residents to:
• Stay at least six feet away from other people while in public places
• Minimize attendance at large gatherings and events like parties, sporting events, festivals, etc.
• Wear masks that cover both your nose and mouth.
• Wash your hands with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer
with at least 60% alcohol.
• Get tested if you have symptoms or have been around someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
For more COVID-19 information see the Minnesota Department of Health or contact the Fillmore County COVID-19 hotline at (507) 765-2642.