A memorable adventure awaits you on the scenic Root River in Southeast Minnesota, the Upper Iowa River in Northeast Iowa, or the Mighty Mississippi River this Memorial Day weekend, May 28, 29, and 30. It is the perfect activity to start off the summer.
To ensure a safe and fun trip down the river, contact the following Visit Bluff Country outfitters to rent tubes, canoes, and kayaks. Don’t forget to ask for a map of the river(s).
1. Cedar Valley Resort & Outfitters, Whalan, Minn.
2. Little River General Store, Lanesboro, Minn.
3. Root River Outfitters, Lanesboro, Minn.
4. Root River Rod Co., Lanesboro, Minn.
5. The Driftless Fly Fishing Co., Preston, Minn.
6. Randy’s Bluffton Store & Campground, Bluffton, Iowa
7. Eagle Cliff Campground & Lodging, Lanesboro, Minn.
An experienced fisherman/woman or a novice? While you out on the river try your hand at fishing. If you do not have your own equipment, check to see if the outfitter rents fishing equipment, as some do. Outfitters are also the perfect source for fishing supplies, plus they know where the best spots are to snag one or more tricky fish.
One last thing, make sure to add the following upcoming events to your calendar. You won’t be disappointed!
• Rhubarb Festival, Lanesboro, Minn., June 4.
• Shooting Star Trail Bike Ride and Lake Louise State Park Open House, LeRoy, Minn., June 11.